View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Knowledge about DATURA

ziggo

Bluelighter
Harm Reduction - Please do not close or lock this thread. I'm recommending no one use datura. But this is for safe knowledge and telling you all right now the only way to use Datura safely is to take the smallest portion possible of root or 1(one) seed and eat that, then days later try slightly more, like 1 inch more of root(of the same root/plant) or 1-3more seeds. and so on. Once dry mouth is achieved you're getting closer and closer to the amount needed to hallucinate. Use should only be from the same exact plant and the same exact time harvesting, if Datura from a new plant or a new time taking from the same plant is done, one should start again at the lowest amount possible. Anyone that does anything moreso does so at their own risk! So keep this thread open please, thank you.

"The female is taller and grows above the ground so it really looks like a small tree. The male is large and spreads out near the ground and looks more like a thick bush."

Female Datura Metel ->
xmjp8g.jpg
Male Datura Metel ->
30a76mt.jpg

"The female has a single root going for quite a way before it becomes a fork. The male, on the other hand, has a forked root joined to the stem."

The flower grows and once pollinated starts to wilt and drops off, then a seedpod grows out from inside where the flower used to be.

The leaves when mashed and wet with water, rubbed on boils will cure them. Only a single leaf or less mashed is needed for a single boil. Rub on it wet with water for 10-30mins.

When you decide to start taming the ally inside the devil's weed you must start with the first portion. Dig up the root of a plant and measure a piece from the tip of your thumb to the tip of your fourth finger. You may eat it raw or boil it in a small amount of water for 15mins, cool, then drink. You won't feel much effects but you should either see a black or red tint over your vision, "black means you are not made for the devil's weed, and you vomit your entrails out, all
green and black. Or you do not vomit, and you see a red tint, and the root gives you an effect of pleasure, which means you are strong and of violent nature something that the weed likes. That is the way she entices. The only bad point is that men end up as slaves to the devil's weed in return for the power she gives them. But those are matters over which we have no control. Man lives only to learn. And if he learns it is because that is the nature of his lot, for good or bad."

"Each portion teaches a different form of power. [I can't tell you the secrets of them because I don't know] yet whether she will take you."

"The devil's weed has four heads[portions]: the root, the stem and leaves, the flowers, and the seeds. Each one of them is different, and whoever becomes her ally must learn about them in that order. The most important head is in the roots. The power of the devil's weed is conquered through the roots. The stem and leaves are the head that cures maladies; properly used, this head is a gift to mankind. The third head is in the flowers, and it is used to turn people crazy, or to make them obedient, or to kill them. The man whose ally is the weed never intakes the flowers, nor does he intake the stem and leaves, for that matter, except in cases of his own illness; but the roots and the seeds are always intaken; especially the seeds; they are the fourth head of the devil's weed and the most powerful of the four."

You must grow a full sized plant and dig it up with your hands to grab all of the roots. Take them and separate them into sections that can be eaten raw or boiled into water and drank, with slightly larger and deeper portions saved for use later once tolerance is developed, and a relationship to the weed is gained.

"The seeds are the "sober head" - the only part that could fortify the heart of man. The devil's weed is hard with her proteges, because she aims to kill them fast, a thing she ordinarily accomplishes before they can arrive at the secrets of the "sober head"."

"She distorts men. She gives them a taste of power too soon and makes them domineering and unpredictable, if their heart is not fortified. She makes them weak in the middle of their great power. The devil's weed is like that. She sneaks up on you like a woman. You are not even aware of it. All you care about is that she makes you feel good and powerful: the muscles swelling with vigour, the fists itching, the soles of the feet burning to run somebody down. When a man knows her he really becomes full of cravings."

"The devil's weed keeps men who want power, and gets rid of those who can't handle it. A power that acts like a magnet, more potent and more dangerous to handle as the root goes deeper into the ground. When one arrives to a depth of four yards, with a plant that is tamed by you fully - and they say some people have - one finds the seat of permanent power, power without end. Very few humans have done this in the past, and nobody has done it today."

Quotes taken from the Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge. They're ones I've come to find as truth based on experiences.

Last edited:
Must dig it up with your hands? what utter abject cunting dreck. Daturas are plants, not animals, and whilst some, and perhaps many do have chemical means of communication, they certainly couldn't give a tinker's toss how they get dug up. That they GET dug up, perhaps they might signal other nearby plants chemically, but otherwise, they give as much of a shit about the HOW it happens as I do about becoming the fucking pope.

you know Carlos Castenada was 99.9999% full of shit right?

He's right about this. I've got first hand wisdom from years of use, but I know hardly anyone would believe much of what is stated here until they find out for themselves. I just need to post this.

This is plagarized almost cometely from the Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

The only bad point is that men end up as slaves to the devil's weed in return for the power she gives them. But those are matters over which we have no control.
No control? How about stop taking the plant?

No control? How about stop taking the plant?

Unfortunately anyone who thinks it a good idea to take deliriants on a regular basis in order to attain transcendental wisdom might be firmly within psychosis territory already, and might not be receptive toward common-sense ideas like "stop taking deliriants" :(

Unfortunately anyone who thinks it a good idea to take deliriants on a regular basis in order to attain transcendental wisdom might be firmly within psychosis territory already, and might not be receptive toward common-sense ideas like "stop taking deliriants" :(

Can't hurt to try.

Must dig it up with your hands? what utter abject cunting dreck. Daturas are plants, not animals, and whilst some, and perhaps many do have chemical means of communication, they certainly couldn't give a tinker's toss how they get dug up. That they GET dug up, perhaps they might signal other nearby plants chemically, but otherwise, they give as much of a shit about the HOW it happens as I do about becoming the fucking pope.

Daturas are collectively a feminine conscious entity that has her own will and ways. I didn't believe it before but well I don't really have to convince any of you because none of you will believe me anyways unless you meet her yourself.

Also I added quotes around parts that came from that book. Sorry for not doing so at the beginning. I have a lot more information that's purely my own but I can only say so much.

I've used Datura roots and seeds hundreds of times and have never had a bad trip. I've never dosed enough to hallucinate visually, much. Audio hallucinations sometimes. If you have your own plant and dose based on material you harvest all at one time, and increase or decrease based on previous days used... you can safely feel positive effects and feel good. I've done it over the years safely. As well as taken breaks.

Well, at least you know of the variability in alkaloid levels, etc. and to be extremely careful. Because the tropane laden nightshadey plants ARE highly toxic.

I can actually see the sense in a feeling of female-ness, a violent feminine 'persona' in some of the nightshades, I've always felt that way 'in my gut' about bellladonna, which whilst aside from tens to at most 100mg of leaf (the roots of belladonna ought not to be used, for they contain apoatropine, which is extremely toxic, btw), the sensation of a persona to a plant, a fungus etc., thats what it is, it isn't objective provable fact, but the perception of the human interacting with them.

The plant itself doesn't know if its being dug up with a garden fork, a spade, or hands with or without glove (IMO gloves ought to be used when handling it in any major or prolonged way to avoid accidental transdermal absorption of the toxic tropanes, which in some cases at least are known to be absorbed thus, such as hyoscine (also known as scopolamine), which indeed is made into transdermal patches for nausea

I know two people who have used Datura, well one really. The one person he apparently ate the wrong plant and told me how the plant turned out to be rather toxic/poisonous as it made him extremely ill, and the toxins in the plant burned his throat a lot, and made him feel very nauseous after he consumed it or drank a decoction made from it, but it was not so bad that he had to go to a hospital or seek medical treatment, and he said how the effects of the toxin did not last long, and it was not poison ivy.

The other person is literally crazy, and he's one of those people who will use pretty much any drug and when he learned about Datura he had to try it and use it and apparently enjoyed it. He did say how to him the Datura experience was oddly enough, feminine in some ways-which I am not sure what this means?

I have read enough bad experience reports written by people who have taken Datura and had really bad trips to have never had a desire to ever use it, even in lower doses the way the original post and some written trip experiences have described doing.

Last edited:
Could have mistaken Datura for Dieffenbachia, perhaps? also known as dumb cane, for the raphides (tiny sharp little needles of calcium oxalate that irritate tissue on contact due to a mechanical effect), effectively, the plant is full of tiny little daggers, the raphides, and if he drank a decoction of that, or chewed any, ate any, that would make his throat swell and be extremely painful.

Dangerous plants to be infatuated with.. :( Nuff said

About dosing though: making a standardized product like some concoction or homogenized extract would be, should make titration more reliable than "taking roots from the same plant".

Read once about someone who got nightmares / nightmarish lucid dreams persistently ever since taking datura or something like that. If you ask me it's reckless and irresponsible to take these plants and I would never do it as curious as I am. This goes well beyond an elevated risk of negative experiences.

That said, I do grow Datura and Brugmansia lol ;) they kill flies and gnats and may have an application as anti-bacterial in agar / petri dish work though I haven't gotten round to trying that.

Dangerous plants to be infatuated with.. :( Nuff said

About dosing though: making a standardized product like some concoction or homogenized extract would be, should make titration more reliable than "taking roots from the same plant".

Read once about someone who got nightmares / nightmarish lucid dreams persistently ever since taking datura or something like that. If you ask me it's reckless and irresponsible to take these plants and I would never do it as curious as I am. This goes well beyond an elevated risk of negative experiences.

That said, I do grow Datura and Brugmansia lol ;) they kill flies and gnats and may have an application as anti-bacterial in agar / petri dish work though I haven't gotten round to trying that.

If you need to use extract of belladonna to keep your plates clean, you suck at plating!! haha...

Using the roots one can gain powers that can be used for personal gains and selfish uses. Those types of use of her power are corrupted use of power, they will give you things but at what cost?

Using the seeds can give unselfish and power that can be a benefit to mankind at large, mostly knowledge and wisdom. As the seedpods are her heart.

If she wants to meet you, she'll pull you into her dream as you're lucid. This can happen by you laying down and closing your eyes and literally 5 SECONDS later she'll pull you into her dream, making me believe shared dreams are possible now. She'll have so much power and (weight) as in by standing near her in the dream you'll be able to feel the force of her, like if a weight was pressing against you. She can take any form or look she wishes in her dream, yet her real form I've seen once and for sure cannot say.

Man have you even done that shit?
I couldn't get enough of your post read to tell.
I can tell you that Datura is some evil, vile, noxious shit and if you haven't done it you need to before you go spouting off all that shit that you seem to be.
Wait til you get cottonmouth?! Hell, that shit comes on for hours and dosing safely is extremely difficult, at least for me it is.
Half the kids in my hometown started using that shit 30 years ago and the cops were busier for those two or three weeks than they had ever been before or since.
It is classified as a deliriant for good reason.
All this is coming from a guy who revels in high doses of everything I do, but NOT THAT SHIT! NO WAY NO HOW!

OK, I'm done now :)

Edit:OP, I read some more of your post. Do you actually believe the shit you're spouting or are you doing the "Devils Weed"? Fuck man, don't just take the rantings of an obviously delusional person and make them your own. Eat a few of those seeds and see whether or not you're of strong enough character to get the red vision or not...beware the black though....oooooohhhh.

OK, i'm really done this time ;)

I lied, it seems that you have done it "hundreds of times, but never hallucinated? You are microdosing Datura? Why am i not surprised. When i asked whether you had done it I guess I meant "tripped" on it to which the answer is still "no".
Don't talk shit about Datura until you've talked to a half dozen of you dead friends and relatives for a day and a half.

Last edited:
Man have you even done that shit?
I couldn't get enough of your post read to tell.
I can tell you that Datura is some evil, vile, noxious shit and if you haven't done it you need to before you go spouting off all that shit that you seem to be.
Wait til you get cottonmouth?! Hell, that shit comes on for hours and dosing safely is extremely difficult, at least for me it is.
Half the kids in my hometown started using that shit 30 years ago and the cops were busier for those two or three weeks than they had ever been before or since.
It is classified as a deliriant for good reason.
All this is coming from a guy who revels in high doses of everything I do, but NOT THAT SHIT! NO WAY NO HOW!

OK, I'm done now :)

Edit:OP, I read some more of your post. Do you actually believe the shit you're spouting or are you doing the "Devils Weed"? Fuck man, don't just take the rantings of an obviously delusional person and make them your own. Eat a few of those seeds and see whether or not you're of strong enough character to get the red vision or not...beware the black though....oooooohhhh.

OK, i'm really done this time ;)

I lied, it seems that you have done it "hundreds of times, but never hallucinated? You are microdosing Datura? Why am i not surprised. When i asked whether you had done it I guess I meant "tripped" on it to which the answer is still "no".
Don't talk shit about Datura until you've talked to a half dozen of you dead friends and relatives for a day and a half.

I only have posted words in this topic that I know now are 100% true.

Ok.

Not delusional.

I know this because I have often "hallucinated" audio, of ----her whispering to me----

I don't have to dose a retarded amount that I might die in order to find out what the visuals are like. If you want a visual trip you should dose the flowers and only the flowers anyways.
So shows what you know if you wanted to hallucinate and took any other parts.

You realize that you think Datura is some "evil, vile, noxious shit" because she probably dislikes you for not respecting her power and has actually been trying to kill you. So I'd be careful about ever dosing it again.