• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin freebase questions

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
I've a few questions about heroin base

First-caffeine is often added, and legend at least has it, that it decomposes (the caffeine) when the gear is smoked, providing a protective atmosphere in the immediate area local to the H being heated, is this true, or is it an urban legend? asking because I'd very much like to know if it must be added to render dipropionylmorphine smokable (just assume its the same for heroin, since dipropionylmorphine must be made, rather than bought, it isn't a drug to be found on the street although for the hell of me I can't think why, its more euphoric, more than twice as long acting as an equipotent dosage of diamorphine, if both are delivered via IV or IM, SC, and with a somewhat faster onset, as well as being at least as potent again compared to heroin, as heroin is to morphine.

I'm a rather big fan of dipropionylmorphine, and I could do with knowing this, both to know if solvent washes can remove caffeine from street H and to know if caffeine must be added to my batches of DPM, and if so in what sort of ratio of caffeine to opioid.

Next Q-is insufflating or plugging freebase heroin a viable route of administration or must it be converted to a salt first? being lipophilic, I should think it would be absorbed via mucus membranes, but I'd like to be certain, I've only a few grams of pretty good H, but tolerance is high, and wastage is not something which can be tolerated, this has to last me until monday morning at least, which is when I'd get my pain med script (morphine, oxycodone)

So can it be efficiently snorted or plugged?

And last Q-does hotrailing work well for H base?

Heroin base can be plugged if dissolved in a non-polar solvent, such as propylene glycol. Snorting heroin base dissolved in solvent should work too. I'm not sure about snorting powdered freebase heroin.

Propylene glycol isn't nonpolar, its a diol, the hydroxyl groups make it polar.

And I can't think of any nonpolar solvents that I'd want to stick up my arse. I've got plenty of them, diethyl and diisopropyl ether, various aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, dichloromethane, chloroform, naphtha, and more besides, but there isn't a one of them I'd put up my ass.

Anyone got experience doing hot-rails with H base? I've never hotrailed before, with anything, although I could easily prepare and practice with meth, or N-ethylamphetamine, so could anyone give more detail as to technique? does the glass tube have to be red-hot at the business end (obviously, since nobody with half a brain sticks a red hot piece of glass up their nose=D. I've had sodium metal up there, and that was more than enough to convince me that sticking anything searing hot up my nose is not a great idea)

[if anyone was wondering, no, I didn't INTENTIONALLY snort a blob of molten sodium. The tank of argon I was using to protect it, whilst running an electrolytic cell to produce the sodium, ran dry part way through the run, and a blob of molten sodium went off with a loud bang, and went flying at precisely the right (or rather, the wrong) angle to launch itself straight up my right nostril leaving a trail of orange flame in its wake, whence it proceeded to explode again, on fire, right up there, blowing a crater out of my nasal septum and leaving caustic soda as a goodbye present. Of course, I was wearing goggles, gloves, the usual lab safety gear, but never, not once, have I ever, EVER heard it suggested to stuff your nose with a tampon in each nostril. [no, I don't keep them around, but it the welding store wasn't open at the time and I couldn't buy a full face blast shield, although I do have one now, and I use it for all but the most innocuous of reactions, the kind where there is nothing corrosive, toxic, pyrophoric or a mixture of the above. I'm surprised I didn't have the neighbors wake up and start pounding on my door, after the torrent of obscenities that abruptly put an end to the quiet of the night time]

Moral of that tale....never snort anything with a temperature of over 300 degrees centigrade, and tha goes doubly for metals that explode on contact with water, including nasal fluid, and triply so due to the fact that what alkali metals leave behind are the hydroxides, when reacting with H2O (or nasal fluid containing H2O), and in the case of Na, that would be NaOH, otherwise known as caustic soda. Which is needless to say, not something you want left behind up your nose by an explosion of molten metal. Caustic is one thing at room temperature, but when fused to an anhydrous molten liquid, it is an entirely different, and infinitely more vicious beast in terms of both reactivity and corrosive tendencies. Little fucker blew a crater out of my septum that took weeks to perhaps a couple of months to heal fully.

Last edited: