Guitar player thread

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
I thought this might make a decent thread, so where all da gitar players at? Post your gear, what you play, recordings you have, WHATEVER.

I started playing again in December of last year. My guitar is a used Ibanez RG, Fender Deluxe 112 Plus amp, and a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 pedal. All of my gear is used except my recording shit. I play primarily black metal and am working on trying to get a project together either just by myself (I also play drums) or with the help of some others. So far I have the guitar parts worked out for I think 5 songs and about 100 more riffs I haven't used lol. I need to do a rough recording of the songs I've put together as soon as I get my computer back from the shop.

Last edited:
Just got my first guitar since high school it?s like a $300 Shecter(sp?). Plays pretty nice and stays in tune. Now if I can just get my sweep speed back I could cover the guitar god himself...Luke Hoskin:[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_usDYStJWU[/video]r

Hey nutty!

I've been playing since around 1953 or so. I bought my first axe with money I earned from chores around the house. My guitars have changed over the years but I still have 12 or 13 of them banging around my home. My favorite is a Gretsch Dual Jet, I can get tones from clean to brutal distortion on that bad boy. I don't think I paid more than $300-400 for any guitar, but that was way back then. I play all genres from jazz to metal.

Usually I play through a Fender Tweed Deluxe I bought way back, but also have modern amps like a Mesa Mk IV. Pedals, now there's a whole new "ball of wax", LOL. We can spend months on those things :)

Last edited:
Nm... Volume was fukked up on the computer. Not bad. I've been messing around combining some keyboard with guitar parts. Might post something here if I can figure out how to do it anonymously.

The amp that I use has absolutely no effects, so I use a pedal for reverb and tremolo (Strymon Flint). For overdrive there's a Caitalanbread Karma Sutra (cascaded into a fuzz if needed). If I'm doing shoe gaze or ambient then I also have a couple of delay lines and modulation devices like phasors and flangers.

wow..another recovery thread

Im a guitarist too..im using boss gp10,guitar synth/modeller?. Cort Bass ,Presonus eris 4.5 ,Fender squire, and a cheap but usable Chinese guitar.plus Line 6 Variax and..focusrite solo with 2 instrument inputs and 1 xlr input.

@Gardenmeister wow! Im an Indian (north eastern). It really surprises me to find some one like you here. I started with Metallica to Sach to SRV and strated up studying JAZZ around 2007.. Im currently preparing for the RGT jazz guitar diploma exam, which i have missed years ago because of ...well..=D

Last edited:
sold my ephiphone les paul standard a couple days ago (went instantly because i laid out every burst top the shop had in stock and picked the most amazing finish) and have my fender hot rod deville 410 (not a iii) listed. keeping my acoustic because it’s perfect and if i ever play again i’d never find its replacement. i also kept one pedal, the aphex “factory punch” optical compressor. out of production and too good to sell. at the time i quit, it was the only pedal i consistently used.

was kinda shocked at how cheap my gear is. $500 was a fuckload more to me at 16 versus now.

ordered a roland fp-10 that arrives sunday. when i was a teenager classic rock and punk were everything. guitar playing fell off when i moved on to pop. i’m thinking keyboard/piano will be more relevant to my current listening. also i don’t sing and spend much time alone, and while guitar does pretty well as a stand alone instrument piano dominates. it was my first instrument so i should initially quickly progress.

Last edited: