• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Death

It's life's only guarantee, kind of calming actually.

What are your thoughts Asclepius? You made the thread.

There are already so many topics here on death... please give us a discussion starter.

I think therefore I am or is it I am therefore I think?

We are already dead immortal infinite beings temporarily inhabiting a physical body in this laughable 3rd dimension in which most humans think they are their "mind and thoughts" "ME JOSH GO BANG MARY" when they truely are tied and all one clearly.

You are not your mind or body or thoughts or who you think you are; It is all labeled Judgements from the mind;

To tap into who you really are it takes non-judgemental witnesss awareness without leaving your body and getting the real SHOCK; with complete empty mind then you will see whatever is looking out of your eyes just looking without thinking is the eternal witness of your real self in BASE level reality.

DEATH-LIFE;;; one causes the other over and over; LIGHT/DARK/ HAPPY/SAD; We are in duality but base level of reality is Non-dual

There is no real death. Died 5 times with 5 NDE's over about a 20 year spiritual quest that i figured out was a joke lol Thanks Buddha.

Everytime Ive died its been indesicrable in words but clearly i was in contact with an "intelligence" that was a higher form of myself that clearly has such a high evolved level of CONCSCIOUSESSS (which is directly tied to your's) it is LAUGHABLE..... Is is literally YOU but not who you think you are as a human; Its present in every molecule in 3rd dimension even a Rock... What are you going to stand on anyways ?(RIP alan watts)

and this is just my experience; I know nothing.

The ability to try to conceptualize such things is not only folly but aboslutely impossible; Exactly why you are truly only exist at "existence itsef" as pure awareness in a completely different realm of existence entirely;

So when you Die in physical form guess what.....

Nobody can explain this in words; Entheogens might help show you your true identity as the whole cosmos looking out at each being's eyes as the "eternal witness" or NDE or many other ways;

But becareful once Pandora's box you cannot open it and then you realize you can create and do anything in this human form because its ALL YOU and karma is so real its scary.

Ultimately this whole world and humans have a complete disillusionment of who they really are and their connection to the whole thing, what is suffering, what is the mind.

All i can say is states of conscoiusness outside of your normal everyday consciousness are accessible to every human but you wont be in Kansas anymore and it could be either helpful or harmful to learn who you think you are is not. (RIP william james)

Also the experiencing of this intelligence(yourself) in dimensions greater than the 3rd is some weird ass/enlightening/profound,scary shit compared to human reality. except until you DIE because all fear is fake from mind; Then when you reach ultimate reality your there at the center of all beings with no form and with no conciousness awareness except I exist and am everything and you exist as everything simultaneously at this point;

Im not trying prove anything this is just my experience but clearly thousands of buddhas have realized this or whatever the fuck.

Humans have known they have been experiencing unique incarnations or human lives while truly being the energy of creation since the dawn of time.

There is an ultimate truth that can be learned in your human life but living it and being it is different and it cannot be explained in words because our intelligence is a joke compared to this giant fully evolved form of conciouness that is in all things.

end rant

Enjoy your death experiece humans ; You are not human; your just BEING human temporarily.

The truth of this is completely unable to be conceptualized by any form of mind or thought; it has to be experienced directly.

You know it
You read it
You may exprience a temporary mystical/ND experience
You intellieculize it

Ultimately in human form you can not only embody and acheiving non-dualistic inner peace (not happiness that is feeling and in duality) but also have fun on different levels of conciousness while in human waking for Ive differentiated from about 8 different levels i can access all are different.

Weird ass shit

The quickest way to end suffering though is simply accept it or realize the thoughts and mind are all causing it;

But I truly know nothing at all.

Thats the problem with all the scientific people they are so native to not realize they are looking and searching for whats already in themselves... LoL

Einstein and Tesla both directly believed and knew what I am referring to here its nothig special;

Transcending all the societal,culturual, and programming to live in the NOW and escape self inflicted suffering is the hard part.

All humans are ultimately searching for what they think is happiness outside in whe the truth is its more a search for deep inner peace that doesnt change to sadness.

It is an inner peace underneath the mind/emotions/ the peace or bliss that comes from tapping into your pure conciousness that is present in every baby before its mind gets programmed.

It could be an elaborate game but nothing here can harm you ultimately even death to the ultimate truth of your being actual EXISTENCE itself.

peace out I could be totally wrong also. Does it matter?

Last edited:
You know that the body Instinctively tries to avoid death. The mind is another story, the idea of death can bring comfort, hence suicidal ideation. I never said that actually facing death was comforting, just the inevitability of death itself, one solid truth in a world of lies.

It's life's only guarantee, kind of calming actually.

Mankind natural desire is to preserve life, not wish for death. You've heard of the fountain of youth, haven't you?

Last edited:
You know that the body Instinctively tries to avoid death. The mind is another story, the idea of death can bring comfort, hence suicidal ideation. I never said that actually facing death was comforting, just the inevitability of death itself, one solid truth in a world of lies.

Unless things have changed, mind and body are the same. The mind controls the body, avoids pain and spin.

Instinct and the conscious mind are separate things. There is a reason that people can and do go feral in long term survival situations. There is a difference.

You know that the body Instinctively tries to avoid death. The mind is another story, the idea of death can bring comfort, hence suicidal ideation.

I have to partially disagree. What most of us call the "mind" is a certain part of the brain which we identify as "us". It's not even the whole brain, and because human's cognition managed to evolve so drastically, many parts of our brain are in conflict when it comes to concepts that other animals are not capable of ruminating about due to their lower intelligence. Whatever you do or feel normally, you will still feel a need to avoid physical damage to your body or death - that's why suicide is difficult, many people are suicidal, only few go through with it. I've also been suicidal, but seems like I'm still here, and I'm not suicidal anymore either.

This is actually an interesting question because ever since I've had close calls (not drug-related) and later analyzed the fact that I almost died, I started paying more attention to the way my brain works in different situations. First of all, I've made peace with the fact that I'm going to die at some point, so I don't fear death in the normal sense - only the pain prior to death, I'm a cozy motherfucker. Still, even though I consciously don't fear death, there have been many cases where my brain reacted instinctively to dangerous situations as if I didn't want to die. For example, riding a bike on a highway and a big lorry passing so close as to almost hit me. It happened many times and each time I felt an adrenaline rush along with all the usual symptoms, such as trying to avoid crashing etc.

My point is that the mind is not somehow disconnected from the body. Mind is a result of neurochemical processes in the brain, and it's a part of the body.

You actually just made the point I was trying to make... it's involuntary, despite what people think, we are still animals... our instincts are to survive, as I said I never said that the event of death was calming, but the idea... when we are in psychological pain, we think of death as an end... regardless of whether one commits suicide or not, the thought brings one comfort.

...despite what people think, we are still animals... our instincts are to survive, as I said I never said that the event of death was calming, but the idea... when we are in psychological pain, we think of death as an end... regardless of whether one commits suicide or not, the thought brings one comfort.

Yep, completely agreed.

You actually just made the point I was trying to make... it's involuntary, despite what people think, we are still animals... our instincts are to survive, as I said I never said that the event of death was calming, but the idea... when we are in psychological pain, we think of death as an end... regardless of whether one commits suicide or not, the thought brings one comfort.

It may be more accurate to say that despair, owing to some evil trick played upon the sick brain by the inhabiting psyche, comes to resemble the diabolical discomfort of being imprisoned in a fiercely overheated room. And because no breeze stirs this cauldron, because there is no escape from this smothering confinement, it is entirely natural that the victim begins to think ceaselessly of oblivion. (105)?
― Kay Redfield Jamison, Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide

isn't it wild to think one day, humans will transcend death... shit is gonna get hella weird fr.

The thought just popped into my head that the moment you realise your dead is the very same moment you realise you're alive.

The thought just popped into my head that the moment you realise your dead is the very same moment you realise you're alive.

Could you elaborate?

There are many trivial ways to "realise" you're alive using your cognition; in order to "realise" you're dead, you still need a functioning brain, creating a paradox, because a person is usually considered dead when their brain function ceases.

Have I completely misunderstood you? I'll blame the 3-MeO-PCE if so.

Instinct and the conscious mind are separate things. There is a reason that people can and do go feral in long term survival situations. There is a difference.

I beg to differ. Humans have "fee will", animals have "instinct" (ducks fly south during winter) Humans don't have to do this, unless they choose to. I do believe this is a consensus. Don't you agree?

No. Humans believe we have free will. We don't. Check out the case study of Phineas Gage. We're all one frontal lobe injury from making completely different and uncharacteristic choices.

And we are animals. You might not believe in evolution, but hopefully we can agree that we aren't plants or minerals.

Elephants mourn, which is one of many examples of animals displaying non-instinctive behaviors throughout the wondrous animal kingdom, similarly to adaptive tool creation and use.

The separation of humans and "other animals" is understandable to an extent, but incorrect.

tubbs: agreed

Tranced & BD, might be a reference to the groundbreaking study that showed objective claims of awareness during cardiac arrest when cognitive activity was not expected.

one solid truth in a world of lies.
This. Permanently ceasing from this world and not having to think, imagine and dream feels like a good thing. I truly believe there's nothing but for the last while the thoughts of having an all powerful entity in the background has caused me to rethink what lies after we die. Will I be judged for my actions in life. Sometimes the brain has to much time to think and over analyse. Sometimes I think if I didn't wake up in the morning it might be a good thing.

Tranced & BD, might be a reference to the groundbreaking study that showed objective claims of awareness during cardiac arrest when cognitive activity was not expected.

It is completely possible, I would even say inevitable that the brain is "aware" during cardiac arrest. Why shouldn't it be? For the first few minutes of interrupted blood flow, the brain can still function, albeit not in perhaps the most normal fashion. Neurotransmission and nerve cell metabolism don't suddenly cease - that happens later on. One may not be able to form memories that can be recalled in the normal fashion during cardiac arrest, but it is absolutely possible that the "you" has some sort of experience which is simply not organized enough to be stored to be retrieved later. Similar to anterograde amnesia on many substances and so on. Following this line of thought, there shouldn't be a binary solution to whether you remember it or not. It's sort of on a spectrum, and even if in most cases you cannot consciously remember some very bizarre brain experiences, perhaps in selected cases you can remember, even if only bits?

Actually my friend has a a theory, from a study he read where neural activity is still detected in increasingly minute levels for up to 36 hours after death, that the afterlife is simply this residual neural activity. The speed of thought can be tremendous... a dream that seems long can happen in moments, for example. If this was the case, then the afterlife might be whatever we think it's going to be, and afterwards, oblivion. I'm not at all sure that's the case but I find it an interesting thought. And it could certainly explain people having experiences after dying but then being revived.