• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Death

From my near death experiences, I would define things this way:

Birth is consciousness identifying with a body-mind.
Death is consciousness disidentifying with a body-mind.

There's a brief period after birth and before death when consciousness is disidentified, but still occupying the body. For example infants in their first year don't retain attachment to things that happen to them. An infant who experiences pain, discomfort, etc... will cry and then the next moment be OK. There is no story or retention. Yet when an infant reaches out to grab an object, there is consciousness/awareness still present, there's just no story. Babies aren't even aware that their skin is a boundary that separates "me" from "out there". Duality has not occurred yet.

In our journey from birth to death, that pure awareness is always there, it just becomes a personalized "I" through identifying with duality. It's a mistake that every human makes after birth. Consciousness, through stimulus, begins to identify a here and a there, until it turns into "stuff happening to me". Then awareness says, oh shit, no, I am not actually a "this", I'm actually pure awareness... but it's too late, it has folded itself into duality. But not really, because it can never be truly divided, it just behaves that way for the duration of life. Then we spend our entire lifetime trying to reunite with that pure bliss, through externalities... relationships, career, love, drugs, sex, movies that open our hearts, all temporary things. Our suffering all comes from our very first belief in duality. It's hard to put this into words because it's not a mind-body thing, so the language is clumsy. It doesn't really involve mind at all.

We can't begin the process of reconciling this until we get older and have the cognitive development to learn the skills. As infants we are just pure awareness and so the dualistic process occurs naturally.

Pure awareness happens near death as well, which I am more familiar with. You get so weak that there is no energy for the activities of mind and the attachment to body-mind becomes so weak that "you" begins to cease and there is only the present awareness of consciousness. No past or future.

Granted, I have not actually died so I can't say what happens next, but post-birth and near-death have very similar features.

From my near death experiences, I would define things this way:
Birth is consciousness identifying with a body-mind.
Death is consciousness disidentifying with a body-mind. Granted, I have not actually died so I can't say what happens next . . . ."

Yahweh
says this is what happens next: Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know* that they will die,+ but the dead know nothing at all,+ nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten.+ 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.+

The Babylonians, the Assyrian, Persians, Greeks and the Romans all believe just as you do. They all had this apostate idea of the body surviving death. It's an ancient fallacy. Period.

When you will be dead, you will be alive. Thats death. Death is invented because it exist only as a hynoptism kinda form or as a thing made just to be there

When you will be dead, you will be alive. That's death.

This apostate idea about the soul surviving the body is ancient. The Romans got this idea from the Greeks, the Greeks from the Persians, the Persians from the Babylonians etc. It's an ancient "fallacy" started by Satan. The biggest lie ever told!!

Man, cire113 said it best I think: "The energy of creation since the dawn of time". That may be all we are. Just a universe. Life. All one being. Death? I think the Hindus view of it is about right. Reincarnation. Makes sense from a universe-type-idea of death. I mean life is inside us all. But the universe is alive too. And we are all this one being that doesn't seem to die... the universe. So wtf... reincarnation seems to make sense I guess. But who knows? Not the living. Only the dead. And we all know someone who is dead. We still know them in our hearts. Their love still warms our souls. Because they loved Life, thus they loved us as we are part of Life. So with their death did they stop loving Life? No... they still love Life, and it is felt in our hearts. So did they really die? I mean the essence of their being was Love of Life anyways.. which we can still feel in our hearts... so no they didn't really die. Their bodies yes. But not their love. And I guess their love was their best form anyways, not their bodies you know? Our love.... Life's Love... Death can't restrain the Love of Life. Death can't restrain the essence of our being: Love.

Could you elaborate?

There are many trivial ways to "realise" you're alive using your cognition; in order to "realise" you're dead, you still need a functioning brain, creating a paradox, because a person is usually considered dead when their brain function ceases.

Have I completely misunderstood you? I'll blame the 3-MeO-PCE if so.

My point was that if you die, and realise you are dead - then you are very much alive, you have just lost the possession of your life. Unless there is a literal nothingness from which nothing can immerge, then you might simply realise that your consciousness was the conduit for your body, and not vice versa. At which point you might decide to create a new life.

I guess this stems from my idea that nothingness and infinity are intrinsically linked, and when you lose everything you kind of realise then just start again, infinitely.