• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug dealer jailed for overdose death of friend

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
A Perth drug dealer's been jailed for two years for supplying the synthetic drug 'N-bomb' to his friend, who was found dead two hours later.

A rubbish collector spotted 19-year-old Corey de Bie's body in an Aveley park in February last year.

Earlier his friend 20-year-old Dale Jordan Wadeson had given him some ?N bomb? and warned him to "be careful".

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F06%2F15%2F14%2F45%2Fcorey.JPG

In sentencing judge Amanda Burrows said "You knew what you were handing over and you knew how dangerous it was".

Mr de Bie's family says they want the case to serve as a warning to others.

"Just think twice, please think twice. You have no idea the pain it causes until you're in this situation," Mr de Bie's step-mother Sharon Gurney said.

"Corey will never get to grow up with his brothers and sister, he never met his baby sister so I hope people realise what they are taking from us when they do this, when they sell these drugs," she said.

N- Bomb is the same drug that caused a mass overdose on the Gold Coast in October 2016.

Health experts say it can cause hallucinations, mood swings, increased heart rate and blood pressure. It's often sold as colourful paper squares, capsules or tablets - similar to LSD.

Wadeson will be eligible for parole in 12 months.

Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/06/15/14/42/perth-drug-dealter-jailed-for-overdose-of-friend

If he was an alcohol dealer nothing would happen :(

The amount of stores who sell booze to drunks who then drive into a oncoming car and die is beyond a joke. Yet this worker never gets to go to jail.

Government can suck a big fat one.

Also for those that don't know what an N-Bomb is it's:

N-BOMe, commonly referred to as “N-bomb” or “Smiles,” is a powerful synthetic hallucinogen sold as an alternative to LSD or mescaline (a hallucinogenic drug made from a cactus plant). There are several variations of this drug, but 25I-NBOMe, often shortened to “25I,” is its most abused and potent form.

Yeah I can see it both ways. Whenever you buy any drug it's use at your own risk but if dealer knows it can be deadly there is a fine line . Good looking young kid it's a shame .

Wow. That overdose on the gold Coast was that? There were reports it was some travel sickness drug like kwells but also PCP.

Hes lucky it Australia and not the US where he would be doing some crazy amount of time.

Or somewhere in Asia like Indonesia where he would have copped the death penalty

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm under the impression there is little to no risk of deadly overdose as far as N-BOMe's go. I thought the real risk is brain damage/HPPD/depersonalization.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm under the impression there is little to no risk of deadly overdose as far as N-BOMe's go. I thought the real risk is brain damage/HPPD/depersonalization.

wrong

google it

one time a dose is fatal another time recreational, the pattern is not always that linear

Especially with its potency. The big/lethal risks seem to be related to dosage.

While I can see it both ways, I don't think the kid should be in jail as I believe all drugs should be legal and he was over 18.

I liked the way Hamilton Morris said it on his podcast with Joe Rogan the other day "living in a free society means we should be free to take certain risks. Sky diving is dangerous but we don't ban it. Just because drugs can be dangerous doesn't mean we should ban them."

I mean NBOMEs sound like one of the more dangerous drugs I've heard of, but fuck it, it's your life and its your body.

It's not the drug dealers fault, he didn't force his friend to take it just because he sold it to him.

Cyanide is still legal, it's only that it can't get you high that we don't use it.

If a friend says he's going to go drag racing on a motorcycle that I sold him should I get arrested if he dies doing it??

NO.