• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom as a cough suppressant?

Sertürner

Bluelight Crew
Woke up yesterday with a very sharp pain in my throat. After my daily dose of kratom and Xanax it felt slightly better. About 5 hours after I took my vyvanse and another tablespoon of kratom for a couple hour long test I needed to take, and for a few hours the pain eased (the weird thing is I think the amphetamine helped the pain more than the kratom). Well I just woke up and I am full on sick as a dog. Coughing so hard I'm bleeding, throat feel a like it's on fire, nasty crap coming up from my lungs. It's time to see the doc.
But anyways, the tablespoon of kratom I took this morning isn't helping that much. Would it be beneficial to double up on the dose or would it be a waste of kratom? The reason I ask is because I have noticed kratom has a kind of ceiling effect, and I don't want to waste it trying to cure this cough if it won't work.
Any advice helps thanks guys.

Codeine and morphine are pretty good cough suppressants. They'll suppress coughs, and with higher doses, breathing, right? I don't know how general that is for opioids; I think some are better than others, and I don't know where mitragynine would fit.

But, if you cough so hard you bleed, you probably want a urgent care visit. And then get a handle on your morning cocktails.

Saw my doc. Got prednisone and antibiotics and some codeine/guaifenesin syrup. Surprisingly the antitussive effects still work at the prescribed doses even though I'm tolerant to opioids.