• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone to withdrawl off heroin?

feellikeshit

Greenlighter
So ive been on a lot of heroin Daily for about a month... before that i was using scattered around a bit for a couple months. Anyway its time to get off of it....ive got 2 and half 8mg/2mg strips of suboxone and 1 10 mg valium. How should I tale these to ease withdraw symtoms? Take the valium and half a strip for the first 2 days and then start taking 1/4th of a strip for a couple days or what? And also does suboxone help withdrawl a lot or does it not do much? Any information is much appreciated. Thank you :)

Depends on your heroin habit how much help the Suboxone will be.

Take your first Suboxone dose atleast 24hours apart from your last heroin dose and dose low. 2mg will be a good starting dosage and wait few hours and check if you need more in which case you take 2mg again and wait another few hours.

would not be surprised if 1mg was enough to hold you for 24 hours... If you have only been using H for a few months. Less is more with suboxone. Remember that. Also remember to wait as long as possible (24 hours or more is best) after heroin before taking the subs.

Personally I wouldn't even consider Suboxone if I had only been using for a month. Why not just try and cold turkey it? I mean it can't be that bad after only a month of straight use, if you keep your mind occupied and stay away from bad influences I think you would surprise yourself.

If you do go the sub route, I wouldnt even take a whole 1 MG to begin. I just started subs after a 12+ year opiate addiction that culminated in iving up to a g of H (when lucky H/fent) a day and 2 MG holds me just fine. Any more and I feel like pure shit, sweaty and jittery as fuck. I think it's important to try to detox naturally at least once if for no other reason than to know what withdrawals really feel like so you can gauge when to take the sub if you don't succeed at CT. There is no magical time of when to take them, everyone is different. My fiance and I can take them as soon as 6 hours after using and some people get precipitated withdrawals if they don't wait at least 24-36 hours. Personally when I waited that long the 2 MG wouldn't touch the withdrawals but taking any more would result in the aforementioned side effects. Also in withdrawals your mind can play tricks on you and make you think you are sicker than you really are. Like I said, 6 hours and I'm normally in sufficient withdrawal to start subs however, I was locked up 2 weeks ago for 26 hours and only felt minor discomfort until I was released and immediately felt like I was dying until I could score. It's interesting really, the mind is a powerful thing, good and bad, maybe you can harness some of its amazing potential to get you through this.

Best of luck and let us know what you decide to do. I wish I had stopped after only a month and I applaud you for having the foresight and strength/courage to stop now before you lose everything. (which is inevitable BTW)

Emily

God I?m in an identical situation pretty much...
Got like 2.5-3 subs as well and I want to taper using minimal amount.
Keep us posted OP

I'm in a very similar situation. I have to take a drop on the 20th, I have 3 8mg sub strips. Last time i waited twelve hours before taking any, but unfortunately I swallowed alot of the saliva.

How does one avoid that? When the strip is dissolving I naturally get a ton of saliva in my mouth. Should I spit it out? I got really sick from swallowing it. How does one "properly" take Suboxone strips without getting sick?

I've been doing from 3 to 6 bags a day for over 2 months. I just want to avoid the physical symptoms cause it makes it impossible to work while going through them. I do customer service and can't be throwing up and sweating and shitting constantly at work. So I should start with 2mg? And how long should I wait after last dose before taking Suboxone? I normally have a fast metabolism.

I could really use the info because I'm gonna be doing my last heroin dose tomorrow morning. How long should I wait before dosing Suboxone? And I should start with 2mg? And wtf am i supposed to do with the saliva? If I'm not supposed to swallow it, should I spit it out? Just doesn't make sense to spit it out. How does one deal with all that saliva?

Any answers would be a HUGE HELP! PLEASE.

I know i say this a lot on different posts about getting off opiates/heroin... But i quit cold turkey from a 3 year hydrocodone and heroin (not as long) habit. I waited for the first few days to see how the withdrawals were and started taking kratom after. Literally took ALL of my withdrawal symptoms away. I waited about a week to stop taking it, to see how thing were...and they were all gone. Now i just use kratom as a pain medication. My life is MUCH better now. (kratom can help with suboxone withdrawal too, one of my friends uses it)

I heard suboxone withdrawals are just as brutal, if you think its going to work for you, awesome! But just think about it, ive seen countless of posts of how its just was bad as H, or sometimes worse.

I don't plan on being on it long enough to get addicted. Just 3 or 4 days; just long enough to avoid the physical we symptoms.

What is kratom? I keep hearing of it but what is it?

Also, what is the proper way to ingest Suboxone? I swallowed alot of saliva the last few times I took it and got violently ill. I always get a huge buildup of saliva when I take it. Spitting it out seems wasteful and counterproductive. What am I supposed to do? How do i get the max effect with minimal side effects? Please help with this!

Im currently prolonging an imminent drug test simply because I don't know how to properly ingest it (and when to ingest it) so that I can avoid as much physical we as possible so I can work and be productive. I really need some help on this part. I can't afford to be I'll, but I have to get off dope so I can take this drop. So again, how and when should/do I properly ingest Suboxone strips so that I can minimize physical we and avoid dependence on Suboxone?

Becoming dependent shouldn't be a problem over just a few days I'd think. I don't plan on taking large doses or more than I need to. I've been told I could get by on as little as 2mg per day (or twice per day). I was also led to believe that at such a small dose and over such a short period, dependency would not be an issue. Usually I see dependence set in after a month, or by not following a taper. I've never seen it after only a few days of 2 to 4 mg per day.

Please help me figure out how to properly use this for maximum therapeutic effect! I'm really desperate to get clean for my drop, but I can't afford to go cold turkey at my customer service day job. I need y'all's experience and help & advice please.

Kratom is a legal ( in most places ) ground up leaf with stimulant and opioid effects. It is extremely good at treating opioid addiction ( because it is an opioid ), though it is addicting itself, less so than true opiates. It is a good do it your self - methadone/suboxone replacement. It's pretty cheap too. IME the biggest downside is the short duration. You may find yourself having to dose 3 - 5 times a day.

Where does one find this substance? I've never heard of this outside of BL.

Anyone got an answer to the rest of my questions? I searched and scoured the BL website, but for the most part couldn't find any solid or even unanimous opinions. It very stressful.

Today/tonight will be my last heroin dose. So I really am praying for answers soon. After the hell I went through last time I really don't want to just wing it again. I REALLY need some solid answers/advice. I take my drop in Wednesday, so I have to cease heroin use today.

Any answers folks? I know there's plenty of knowledge here!