View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Smoking cigarettes potentiate DMT

Star winx

Bluelighter
Hi all. My friend and I have been freebasing DMT for a few months now n then. Strange thing is when he is in hyperspace it onl lasts arund 15 -20 minutes. But everytime I breakthrugh It lasts around 40 mnutes. We live very similar lifestyles. Onl main diffeeeeence is that I smoke. Is that enough to be a Maoi. Or am I completely wrong? :\

Love, Starwinx

Hey SW, I think think the good folks in PD-psychedelic drugs might have a better idea about this combination.

OD--->PD

This is damn interesting. Some quick googling seems to indicate that it's not nicotine itself that's the MAOI, but that tobacco contains other compounds that are MAOIs. This is relevant because you probably can't expect vaping e-juice or using a nicoderm patch to deliver an MAOI effect.

I believe the tobacco itself has things in it that mess with MAOb. It's one of the reasons a vape doesn't feel totally like a cigarette.

aside from the maoi hypothesis, if you smoke cigs, you're can more easily take bigger rips of dmt than someone who doesn't smoke. I have friends who can't even blast off because the dmt smoke is so harsh they can't really get enough hits/big enough hits to get there. My friend who smoke tobacco/weed bowls from a bong all day can easily take the biggest dmt rips of anyone i know lol.

I didn't notice much difference between friends that smoked and people that didn't when it came to how long they'd stay off in hyperspace. I wish I could stay there for more than 15-20 minutes and I'm a heavy smoker. I think you may just be one of the lucky ones that can keep in that mind state for longer than usual or perhaps something else in your diet contributes to your ability to remain there for so long.

aside from the maoi hypothesis, if you smoke cigs, you're can more easily take bigger rips of dmt than someone who doesn't smoke.

Probably something to this as well although I've never had anyone comment on DMT being too harsh. Compared to dirt weed it's very smooth. Also sometimes smokers have a harder time taking big rips off bongs. I personally have a hard time dabbing because wax just seems so harsh on my lungs. It's easy to get down but it feels like it gets deep down into all the nooks and crannies of my lungs and causes an awful burning sensation. I cough more from wax than any other substance I've smoked and this has been enough to keep me away from it most of the time. I only smoke it now if someone offers me a hit off of theirs and even then I take way less than most people.

I didn't notice much difference between friends that smoked and people that didn't when it came to how long they'd stay off in hyperspace. I wish I could stay there for more than 15-20 minutes and I'm a heavy smoker. I think you may just be one of the lucky ones that can keep in that mind state for longer than usual or perhaps something else in your diet contributes to your ability to remain there for so long.

Probably something to this as well although I've never had anyone comment on DMT being too harsh. Compared to dirt weed it's very smooth. Also sometimes smokers have a harder time taking big rips off bongs. I personally have a hard time dabbing because wax just seems so harsh on my lungs. It's easy to get down but it feels like it gets deep down into all the nooks and crannies of my lungs and causes an awful burning sensation. I cough more from wax than any other substance I've smoked and this has been enough to keep me away from it most of the time. I only smoke it now if someone offers me a hit off of theirs and even then I take way less than most people.

Seriously? Shit tastes like burning rubber/feces/gum disease all at once, when I smoke it and when I smell someone else smoke it. And if you're hacking cigs all day, probably doesn't bother you as much, overall smokers have a reduced sense of taste and smell. Bottomline I think is that if you smoke a lot of shit, weed/cigs/whatever, smoking dmt will be easier I think.

Wax is also incredibly harsh to someone who doesn't smoke it often, a big dab makes me feel like i've been punched in the gut, end up wheezing and gasping for breath for like 5 minutes after. I love the stuff, I just need to make sure to take TINY ones. Lots of tiny ones...

The taste/harshness/nastiness of DMT smoke always throws off my mindset, pretty unpleasant taste to have fill your mouth and lungs before entering hyperspace, kinda makes you recoil and think twice when you should really be letting go. I'm sure if you smoke a lot of it though you become fond of the taste, it's distinct and reminds me of something exciting.

I've had different batches of DMT and while it does always leave a smell the white stuff is _very_ smooth out of a dab rig/bong. I could hoover that stuff up all day out of a rig or even just a standard glass pipe. It's like wax in that respect where you can tell the difference between something that was prepped well and something that contains ungodly amounts of butane right off. You may be right though I may just be used to smoking cigs and dirt weed so often that I don't notice the harshness of it like most people would. I've never had trouble smoking large doses in one hit even if it was yellow/known to be not the most pure extraction. My source had to do several extractions before they produced something they considered "clean" but no one ever complained about the initial batches that were made.

I went through a heavy use period with DMT last year and gave away several grams of it to anyone that wanted to try it. I probably dosed 20+ people in the span of 3 months and none of them had issues with keeping the hits down. I can only recall one person wasting a hit but they were obviously scared of it and did it on purpose. They immediately apologized and asked for another go. They'd taken it 2 times by that point and just had jitters about going into hyperspace again I think. I didn't care and was happy to line another one up for them.