• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Little to no euphoria on heroin. What gives

candidsurprise

Bluelighter
Ok so I tried heroin for the first time. Snorting about 10mg and then increasing as needed every 10 minutes. So I?ve reached the point now where I?m feeling really spaced out, nauseous and breathing?s become slower so I think that I?m almost at the max I can do without risking too much respiratory depression. But I?ve barely got any euphoria from this shit. I mean I barely even have a mood lift , let alone any euphoria. Wtf?! It doesn?t feel pleasant at all. I honestly don?t understand how people get addicted to this stuff . I got a better buzz from Tramadol.

anyone have any suggestions why this might be the case? I should also mention that I?m on an antidepressant called Remeron/Mirtazapine and I didn?t get any euphoria or mood lift from oxycodone either .

Last edited:
The BA is about 50% so you might not be getting as much as you think. Especially if you already have a tolerance to opiates. Are you 100% sure its even H? and not Fent?

When I shot H, i was kinda underwhelmed too. Ive gotten better rushes from just IV morphine and overall felt better too.

Not 100% sure its not fent , I’m in the UK and it’s Afghan #3 idk if that means anything . It’s DNM and good reviews so I doubt it’s fent . Minimal tolerance to opioids .

I gotcha. Another thing, 10mg, might not even be 10mg. Chances are...the "heroin" is probably cut with stuff. *hypothetical situation*, your 10mg might only be 5mg because its cut with a filler and since the BA is lower with snorting, you might only be getting around 2.5mg of H. Hopefully that makes sense. Just throwing idea's out.

Took a total of about 60mg of this stuff so that would be like 15mg with that calculation. For no tolerance that’s gotta be enough surely?

I gotcha. Another thing, 10mg, might not even be 10mg. Chances are...the "heroin" is probably cut with stuff. *hypothetical situation*, your 10mg might only be 5mg because its cut with a filler and since the BA is lower with snorting, you might only be getting around 2.5mg of H. Hopefully that makes sense. Just throwing idea's out.

Took a total of about 60mg of this stuff so that would be like 15mg with that calculation. For no tolerance that’s gotta be enough surely?

With that calculation, yes. 15mg. That was with 50% purity. But it might even be lower...you never know with street drugs..unfortunately. But with no tolerance, that might be enough. Everyone is different though. Some people have to take more, some people have to take less.

With that calculation, yes. 15mg. That was with 50% purity. But it might even be lower...you never know with street drugs..unfortunately. But with no tolerance, that might be enough. Everyone is different though. Some people have to take more, some people have to take less.

Tbh I’ll probably never do it again, I mean if I went any higher I would be freaking out about my breathing as it was already getting real shallow. A pretty shitty drug if it takes more than that to reach euphoria. I guess it’s just not for me

Tbh I’ll probably never do it again, I mean if I went any higher I would be freaking out about my breathing as it was already getting real shallow. A pretty shitty drug if it takes more than that to reach euphoria. I guess it’s just not for me

Smart man (or women), but like i said, purity plays a huge factor, which is why you might need to take more (but DONT). I started using H and just went straight to IV, while not what i expected, the euphoria was still intense vs. snorting (i tried a little bit before I injected).

Opiates are the devil, i never meant to get addicted to them (started with hydrocodone because of a back injury)..but unfortunately it happened and im almost a week clean now. Im glad to hear you'll probably never do it again. Stay far away from them.

Smart man (or women), but like i said, purity plays a huge factor, which is why you might need to take more (but DONT). I started using H and just went straight to IV, while not what i expected, the euphoria was still intense vs. snorting (i tried a little bit before I injected).

Opiates are the devil, i never meant to get addicted to them (started with hydrocodone because of a back injury)..but unfortunately it happened and im almost a week clean now. Im glad to hear you'll probably never do it again. Stay far away from them.

If you don’t mind, would you be able to explain how addiction worked for you? As in why you would take consecutive doses if you know it’s going to land you in trouble. I mean, personally, I have no concept of how addiction actually works because I’ve never experienced it. I mean I use to do meth like once a week for months and opiates too, and GBL (the ‘crack’ of GABA drugs), and I never understood why other people couldn’t do the same . Like if you know you used that drug yesterday, why can’t you just say to yourself “right, I’m not allowed to use it today” and then go about your day like normal? And now even with heroin , the so called worst drug for addiction, I honestly can’t see what’s difficult about not using it the next day. I mean I’ve still got a little left and I don’t feel any urge to do anymore, I’m just going to throw it away. Perhaps IV makes all the difference, and I’m never ever going to touch that. Sorry if this sounds offensive , I don’t mean it to be at all, I’m just genuinely curious.

Now when i was taking them to get "high" i wasnt taking large doses. The goal was to NOT nod off. I just wanted to get that nice warm blanket feeling. When I used, i usually took it once at night (it was kind of a ritual type thing haha) around 8pm. Id sit back and relax. Watch some YouTube, Netflix or play some video games. It never really landed me in trouble, but over time i had to increase my dosage to get the "same" feeling, which really wasnt a big deal (because it still was a small dose and never had any problems). I eventually got my hands on some pharma grade IV morphine and used that for awhile, which was really nice and then eventually tried heroin (still using small doses), because it was actually cheaper then going to my doctor and getting a prescription..after the doctors office copay's and paying for the medication. I dont know if i was really "addicted" to opiates in the normal sense, i used them as a "relaxing" drug. The job i do is EXTREMELY stressful and after work, I just need something to help ease the stress. If i didn't take the opiates, it really wasnt that big of a deal. Id have cravings (because of the withdrawals, which is a side effect), but currently i have no problem not taking them.

But like i said, i used them mainly as a "relaxing" type medication (as well as a pain medication because of my back), if i didnt come home and use something, id go freaking crazy. I cant come home and drink a few beers like most people, because of the medication i take for epilepsy. But ive been off opiates for about a week and really have no need to take them. Kratom does a great job of helping me relax. The only reason why i stopped was because i almost overdosed.. It had fentanyl in it. I didnt go unconscious or anything and still maintained my airway, but it was still scary none the less and thats why i quit using.

But if i wanted to do it once a week, i would have no problem doing that.

Hopefully that kinda answers your question!

Last edited:
Well one criteria for substance use disorder is that the abuse is compulsive although the user knows it will cause them harm.

With opiate addiction eventually everything just fades away and all you think about is getting your next dose in a way or other no matter what it would cause to you and/or others.

If you don’t mind, would you be able to explain how addiction worked for you? As in why you would take consecutive doses if you know it’s going to land you in trouble. I mean, personally, I have no concept of how addiction actually works because I’ve never experienced it. I mean I use to do meth like once a week for months and opiates too, and GBL (the ‘crack’ of GABA drugs), and I never understood why other people couldn’t do the same . Like if you know you used that drug yesterday, why can’t you just say to yourself “right, I’m not allowed to use it today” and then go about your day like normal? And now even with heroin , the so called worst drug for addiction, I honestly can’t see what’s difficult about not using it the next day. I mean I’ve still got a little left and I don’t feel any urge to do anymore, I’m just going to throw it away. Perhaps IV makes all the difference, and I’m never ever going to touch that. Sorry if this sounds offensive , I don’t mean it to be at all, I’m just genuinely curious.
Life isn't that exciting most of the time so I choose to drug my world up a bit is that really so wrong?

That's funny and yet true for many people Patrick.

I've been on pretty much the same meds for just over 7 years. My doctor did cut back all my narcotic meds and my klonopin when the opiate scare shit started but he did it over 2 years. I don't abuse mine, take extra or in any way possibly mess up my contract with my doctor because he has been a wonderful person to me.

Some of us, who know we'll be on these meds forever, learn that feeling high is a side effect that goes away quickly so we gauge how we feel based on pain or lack of pain.

I take a lot of medicine every day, probably 8 prescriptions, and I've been able to keep it together, not chase a high and just try to take my narcotics to stay in front of the pain.
(something my doctor taught me years ago which basically just means take my medicine before I'm in a lot of pain because once you are in a lot of pain it's almost impossible to fix it without large doses).

But...I occasionally smoke pot if my family member has some and only one toke makes me really high, which I find ironic.

So yes, we can take strong narcotics and benzos every day without using more and more to chase a high. We are all built differently so I prefer to take mine as prescribed, never run out early and never bother my doctor about early refills.

Yeah, no doubt my body is absolutely addicted to these meds and withdrawal would put me in the hospital, but my brain isn't addicted, if that makes any sense.

Dnm and reputable vendors mean nothing.... Just was selectively scammed on a gram of #4 receiving weak fentanyl cut garbage instead

Just started H and I'm not getting high. Why?

I myself have just started using H and I don't get that euphoric high that everyone talks about. I'm prescribed 75mcg and 12mcg of fentanyl patches and 15mg oxycodone every 4 hrs. I used to just snort my oxys however I just trade my oxys with a family member for H plus I buy the H. Well anyways the H is rocked up and is supposed to be raw H. I snort humongous lines and don't get a euphoric high and don't even nod out. What gives? Is it because I'm already on so much fentanyl? I've only been doing the H a little over a month and just don't feel as I should.

Last edited:
That's funny and yet true for many people Patrick.

I've been on pretty much the same meds for just over 7 years. My doctor did cut back all my narcotic meds and my klonopin when the opiate scare shit started but he did it over 2 years. I don't abuse mine, take extra or in any way possibly mess up my contract with my doctor because he has been a wonderful person to me.

Some of us, who know we'll be on these meds forever, learn that feeling high is a side effect that goes away quickly so we gauge how we feel based on pain or lack of pain.

I take a lot of medicine every day, probably 8 prescriptions, and I've been able to keep it together, not chase a high and just try to take my narcotics to stay in front of the pain.
(something my doctor taught me years ago which basically just means take my medicine before I'm in a lot of pain because once you are in a lot of pain it's almost impossible to fix it without large doses).

But...I occasionally smoke pot if my family member has some and only one toke makes me really high, which I find ironic.

So yes, we can take strong narcotics and benzos every day without using more and more to chase a high. We are all built differently so I prefer to take mine as prescribed, never run out early and never bother my doctor about early refills.

Yeah, no doubt my body is absolutely addicted to these meds and withdrawal would put me in the hospital, but my brain isn't addicted, if that makes any sense.
Your not addicted, your dependent. Big difference

H has always given me very short-lived euphoria (but I only plug it). MS Contin (extended-release morphine) has always been my favorite opiate. Yet when I swallow 300mg, which I wouldn't recommend to people that don't have a veteran tolerance, nothing compares to that long-lasting high. Oddly enough, I like Tramadol too. It might be one of the weaker opiates, but it keeps me feeling sick-free for a long while. I think Tramadol would serve well for anxiety, depression, and insomnia as well. There's something about it that provided me the normalcy that I feel I should have naturally. I don't feel high on it, but I don't feel sick either.