• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone else remember "Terp" ? Terpinhydrate OTC

Max Flight

Bluelighter
I am just wondering if anyone remembers being able to get Terpinhydrate OTC? I'm pretty sure that is what it was called. I sure wish you could still do that. I believe the last time I was able to get it was around '91.

You had to ask the pharmacist specifically for the stuff. An old school junkie turned me onto the drill. And I would always draw a suspicious look from the pharmacist, then I would have to sign some DEA form. And you could only do it a limited number of times. Can't remember how many.

But it would sure help when the chips are down.

Hmm, I was still watching David the Gnome in '91 so I don't have first hand experience. A perfunctory websearch tells me that terpin hydrate was an expectorant taken off the market in the 1990s due to lack of effectiveness. Sounds like it was better at sedating people than getting the mucus up and the FDA couldn't have that.

Yes, I am pretty sure that is the case. lol I did it occasionally, but mostly it was the quickest solution for easing withdrawal. I never did opioids very often back then, so I didn't use it for that. It would make you feel warm and good.

But the guys who were doing H would definitely use it to combat withdrawals. I know, because I picked up a few times for a old bro who'd already maxed out the limit.

I admit that I have not done research on it, I just thought maybe some other folks would remember. Damn, now I am feeling kinda old. lol