• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pontentiating Methadone with DXM?

DownerSensation

Greenlighter
I have aquired some DXM (Dextromethorphan) 15mg GelCaps, with only DXM as the active ingredient. I have done a fair amount of research on how DXM can rather pontentiate opiates/opioids (besides codeine and Tramadol from what i know) or pro-long the high as it can make it stay in your bloodstream longer.

I should also mention that i take 60mg of Methadone daily and am not a naive user of opioids in the slightest.

Can anyone tell me if its safe to take about 60mg of DXM before my daily dose of 60mg of Methadone? And if it is safe, what should i expect in terms of effects? If anyone has any advice or knowledge on this that would great.

Yeah that sounds safe enough if that is around your daily dose of methadone. Not sure how much success you'll have though... I tried potentiating suboxone with ~50mg... and all I felt was some mild dissassociation ( I am insanely sensitive to dxm.) I didnt feel any additional opioid effects.

Do you think it would still do anything if, per se, i took 60mg of DXM 1 hour AFTER my 60mg daily dose of methadone? Or is it just completely useless to do it after ingesting the opioid first?

DXM is an awful idea to potentiate methadone, is very much better to use benzos or antihistamines but DXM is a bad drug in my opinion

DXM is an awful idea to potentiate methadone, is very much better to use benzos or antihistamines but DXM is a bad drug in my opinion
Can you elaborate and tell us the actual reason why you think dxm is a bad drug to combine with methadone?