• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

volcano eruption and withdrawals Bad Combo

Max Flight

Bluelighter
Aloha everyone,
I'm currently a few miles from the recent lava flows here on the Big Island. Which is actually very nerve wracking, and really difficult to describe. The most immense power you can imagine...almost sureal. I can easily see fissure 8 at night, and am able to hear and feel it constantly...and if that's not bad enough, my pharmacy didn't have enough to fill my prescription, only half of it. Or I could just wait a few days for the order to come in. Which I was definitely not wanting to do. So I took the half of my normal 4 8mg dilllies per day amount. Knowing that I was going to be fucked, because the doctor would be gone on vacation, and it would be easier to get them to have the cops come shoot me, than it would be to get another Dr. To write it.

And I almost made it through the month... I go to the doctor in a couple of days, but ran out yesterday. So I am getting through it with kratom again. Dang volcano is making it worse, and better at the same time. It's nerve wracking, but fortunately the trades have been blowing the vog, and other stuff away from me. And it's also awe inspiring and very powerful energy is heavy right now.

Anyways, still super tough, because I blew my transmission helping a bro evacuate, and try to pull too much weight with my vehicle. And so, I am not able to get as much kratom as I normally would. GRRR. Flippin anxiety! Definitely makes the pain worse too.

Well, shoots. ..go easy.
Aloha
MF

Damn that would be a crazy scene, thanks for sharing and thank you for helping that person evacuate. Hopefully some good luck will come your way and ease things a bit for you.
Stay safe

Thanks.
Yeah, it's crazy. And like I said, almost sureal. Fissure 8 was spouting all night, and I didn't get any sleep. It's almost like living in limbo land. One one side of my place, it's green, lush, and one could say heavenly. The other side total annihilation, by mother nature. A friggin lava geyser shooting 200 ft in the air. I never really knew what brimstone smells like until recently, but know it well now. So it's a bit like Hell is portrayed. I almost feel like I'm in the land of the lost or something.

The WDS are fuckin up my program too. And I am straight up out of kratom. So now at 48 hours, I am smoking Wailua blueberry like a whole troop from the rainbow family. Fortunately I have herb in quantity, so all good there. Except that cannabis doesn't quite do the trick. It just makes me too stoned to act on the WDS. Such as pacing around because I have restless leg syndrome through out my entire body. Almost just want to take off down the road at full sprint, I am so wound up. And my car is down now. So I have to take the bus and probably do some hitchhiking. Not really looking forward to that as I am functioning at a very low level right now and will be tomorrow as well, experience tells me. I am trying to relax, but feel like I have been jibbin for 5 days or something. Really sucks.

Hey man how are things going for you? That's a crazy scene, but you're one of the few humans who will see that so it is pretty cool. Did you get any pics? How are wds?

Howzit LvL18? I'm doing much better now, thank you for asking. The withdrawals are all Pau (done) and I actually got my normal monthly allotment. And my back and assorted bones aren't aching either. Much relieved.

As for the volcano...it's still rumbling, and venting. I do have some pictures. Although my daughter is "borrowing" my digi camera right now. But, I managed to get some hair raising pics. There's quite a few videos on YouTube, that show the event, and are pretty amazing.

I can compare the sound and vibration, to living near a major airport or something. The venting fissures sound like a jet taking off, to varying degrees of intensity. Fortunately the explosions have stopped. The first few weeks, it was like mortar shells going off all around. Pretty intense.

I would like to say that things are getting back to normal, but that's not the case. I helped manage affairs for a few different local farmlots down here, which are gone now. So, that's starting to be an issue. Particularly with a couple grand in transmission to do. lol I am in the wrong business, should have opened up a transmission service shop. Those guys are doing well, I should think. At $150 an hour for labor.

Anyway, thanks for asking how things are going. I'm at least not feeling ill anymore. I still kinda feel like I am in limbo, and not sure how things will play out.

I can also say that this event is definitely something unique and exciting to behold and experience. There's just nothing comparable to experiencing all the different things that come with being in close proximity to the most active volcano in the world. Definitely an experience that I won't ever forget. I am just hoping now, that my kids and grandkids can make it out for the father's day pulehu (BBQ). Shoots. Go easy.

Aloha,
MF

Yeah, Max, I was one of those folks hanging out at the HCB live stream until they had to abandon the house. It is certainly humbling the way Madame Pelee is taking back what is hers.

Later !

Aloha Rose. Howzit goin? I hope that it's thawed out where you are at by this time of year.

Yes, she certainly is. Pele plays to win, and she always wins. There is an emergency broadcast on the radio as I type this message. There was just an earthquake, but apparently no tsunami expected.

Life is extremely stimulating on the Big Island right now. Fortunately I am not having to evacuate where I am. And the trades are blowing in my favor, so vog isn't an issue. I have several different friends who have lost their homes to this eruption... so I feel fortunate. Although still a bit on edge, you just never know how things are going to progress

Last edited:
Hey Max, I have a question for you. So, I am in the same circumstance as you every now and then and my doc has always told me to have the pharmacy fill what they have. Drive back their office right then. Bring in the bottle you just got and he will then write a script for the remainder of the months script. There's no real need to worry about the dates and all because the insurance company won't fill it until the proper time anyway. That way everyone is happy and everything is still done by the books. Have you ever tried to make this type thing work at your doctor's office? I mean, in the situation you described above, your doctor still would have been there to take care of this, right?

Hi beach bum..
to answer your question. Yes I could have tried to get the rest of my prescription, but would have had to wait 2 weeks. I have been in the position of having to do this before. However, I was definitely facing several issues this time around.

1) The clinic I go to is halfway across the island, not a short drive. I am currently hitchhiking and or catching the bus when I am able.
2) my doctor was going on vacation the day after seeing me. So I would have had to get all the way back to the clinic. And get one of the other doctors to write the other half of my prescription. Much more difficult than it sounds. The only reason I am not able to get a doctor closer to home, is no one wants to take me on as a patient because I am taking a schedule 2 narcotic. You'd be thinking it was taking schedule 2 nuclear waste or something by the way no one wants to touch it.

3) So, an 8 or 9 hour ordeal just to get to the doctor and back to my house. And that's if everything goes smoothly. I have had extreme difficulty in doing this exact thing in the past. So that's why I said, in absolute seriousness...it would literally be easier to get them to have the cops come shoot me, than to actually get the remainder of my prescription, with my primary doctor out of town. So with the eruption going on, and a couple other things in combination with that. I was willing to suffer through half my normal monthly allotment, than go through the hassle of trying to get the remainder. That's how frustrating and difficult things are here right now.

If it was the old days, it would have just called them, explained my situation, and could have even had my son pick up the prescription for the remainder at the front desk. Those days are over! And they make it so difficult, I was willing to forego getting my normal monthly prescription. Sad, but 100% fact. Also, blowing my tranny and a few other factors....has left me with less than $100 to my name and so financial issues are a concern too. There was an amalgamation of factors that kept me from being able to do what I really needed to do.

Last edited:
Max, super sorry to hear of all your troubles. Dealing with this stuff is no easy task, to be sure. I get where you're coming from but I could tell you right now, there's no way I'd have been able to survive (at least any sort of reasonably speaking "survive") on that much of a reduction of my pain meds. Kudos to you for being able to make that sort of thing work for you. Good luck!