• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and Zopiclone

DownerSensation

Greenlighter
I have been in an MMT program for some time now. I take 60mg of Methadone daily as of right now.

I have a few 7.5mg zopiclones lying around and was wondering if it would be safe to take rather half or one full 7.5mg pill, while being on the Methadone?

And if someone could provide me with some sort of insight as to what the combination will feel like that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Also i have a few expired 5mg zopiclone as well. Could anyone tell me if these would still be good to take? Thanks in advance.

Typical opioid/benzo combo, it can be euphoric for some people so I'd advise you against it, since the last thing you need is the medication that's keeping sober to get you high, and in a particularly dangerous way. Methadone is rather unpredictable regarding metabolism. Look, I did it with my ADHD and anxiety meds and while they still work, I ruined a lot of the effectiveness. Always avoid getting high on drugs you need, and I think replacement therapy is the definition of needing.
First I would as a physician if it's safe, and take them if I'm insomniac, otherwise, do you really want to discover how to make the medication that's keeping you from killing yourself to get you high? I know a woman who takes 30 2mg Xanax right after her methadone, I expect her to die anytime now. And it's a very common cause of death for patients on methadone, the synergic effect is very strong and you're left in the same situation you were before except there is no help because you used the help to continue the self-destructive behaviour. That's my take on it.

Oh and expirations dates are a joke, 90% of medications are fine 10 years after the expiration date. There are a couple of classes of drugs that can become toxic but for the most part you're fine. Unless it's a tetracycline, then throw that away ASAP.

We went through a phase of seeing space cadets who had mixed these two. Z drugs are dubious at the best of times but mixed with juice, unpredictable isn't a strong enough term.

First off i was not intending on using it for recreation. So are you saying that taking even a small dose like 3.25mg of zopiclone is dangerous enough to cause a fatal outcome, with being on 60mg of Methadone daily?

To make this clear i am not asking if i can get high by mixing the two, although i would like to know what to expect in terms of effects. I am asking if it is safe to take a small-normal dosage of zopiclone to help with my insomnia. I usually use DPH (Diphenhydramine) but i had zero left at the time.

I have 60mg methadone tablets because is my daily dose in a maintenance program and I have too zolpidem 10mg. Is worth to mix methadone and zolpidem?

Sorry for assuming so, it's just that people on methadone taking a ton of benzos or z-drugs to get a high is really common. Yes, you can take a normal dosage, they don't interfere with each others metabolism and since you're tolerant to methadone you should get only the zopiclone effect. That said, it tends to happen to people on methadone that they grow acostumed to drugs rather fast, so make it as sporadic as possible, and ask regarding any drug, antibiotics, antidepressants, antifungals, I mean everything. Methadone is one of the most complicated drugs regarding enzyme inhibition, one case was the son of Anna Nicole Smith, he stole some methadone from her to get high, a normal recreational dose, but he was on zoloft and lexapro and he overdosed. I don't want to make you paranoid, just be very conscious of how serious methadone is. If you get prescribed an antibiotic, tell the doctor, if he isn't sure, ask here or research for yourself, but be careful with what you put in your body, not just downers or uppers, every medication. And I apologize for making assumptions. And I blame codeine for the grammar.

Worth? If you can't sleep and zolpidem is a wonderful sleeping aid for you and you won't use it often, sure. But always try none-benzos first (I'm including zolpidem, zaleplon and zoplicone as benzos). Is not so much the addictive potential as the reduction of REM stage sleep, I take midazolam, used to be zolpidem, before zopiclone, before XR zolpidem, before eszoplicone, I speak as someone who has been on a sleeping pill since I was 18. In my case it was bipolar disorder, I got hypomanic at nights and didn't sleep for 3 nights in a row just to collapse under unbearable depression afterwards, and my drug use was part of it, no doubt, but I don't remember what it's like to sleep a fully rested night, I lost that. Benzos should only be used when the alternative is nothing, a night with zolpidem is better than a night awake, but it's not a night of good sleep. I'm melancholic and accidentally bought 3,6 grams of codeine (I thought it was less concentrated) so I'm overprotective for some weird ass reason. Stay safe.