Site Feedback move Bluelight Feedback and Bluelight Basics

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
below Arts & Entertainment. these two blocks of sub forums occupy the most valuable real eastate on the website yet are nothingness. they are choking out the sub forums that draw and used to draw traffic.

also move pillreports further down. people rarely post there and it’s usually a misplaced topic when there is a post.

so focus forums would be at the top? what do people think?

alasdair

I've had similar thoughts...I feel sometimes Arts & Entertainment feels kinda buried.

Newbies come to BL for the drugs and such, they will find what they need in that regard. But they may never even see some of the other forums at the bottom before they leave.

It would be cool if we could have like a promoted forums section at the very top that would rotate monthly, or something. We could schedule it, for example, so that S&G could be included for September to coincide with the start of the NFL season. F&T during awards season maybe, January. You get the idea. Could help traffic, who knows?

Last edited:
focus forums are the focus of bluelight, so it makes sense for them to be at the top.

something like this makes the most sense to me, going something like focus -> official -> drugs -> community:

Focus Forums
Bluelight Feedback
"Sister/Partner Site Forums" (merge the MAPS and Pill Reports sections; this could optionally be located elsewhere, like between Community and History, but also include a button at the top - Sister/Partner Sites; we dont want to hide it, but its not exactly bluelight's priority either; also include links to Pill reports in the MDMA forum and links to MAPS in psychedelics and mdma)
Bluelight Basics
Drugs Discussion (move Regional Drug Discussions to include here instead of being separate)
Recovery Support
Arts
Community (because if you're legitimately interested in the community forums you've probably been around for a while, and having to scroll past everything first gives them more visibility)
History

Opiates need their own forum . Why does mdma have its own but opiates meth etc all together in other drugs

Thanks for the feedback folks, keep it coming. We have been discussing doing something like this for a while, so this feedback and all your ideas are helpful to read :)

Opiates need their own forum . Why does mdma have its own but opiates meth etc all together in other drugs

V interesting idea! :)

Alcohol use and abuse might or might be enough to sustain a forum like "opiates" would, but I see it mentioned as a major issue all the time here.

I'd be interested to know what the OD mods think about it.

I know the decision was probably made a long time ago, but what was the reasoning behind which drugs got their own dedicated sub forums and which drugs didn't? (Guess ali would know, not sure who else)

it started off as a raver board, so basically the focus forums were ecstasy discussion and psychedelics. within a few years, "other drugs" was created to cover everything else. several years after that, performance enhancing drugs got their own forum because their usage and purpose and such is so distinct from recreational drugs that it didnt really fit in OD. cannabis discussion came about kinda the same way, different enough from all the other recreational drugs. i might have the orders for the creation of PED and CD switched but thats basically how it went.

you can group it by cultures even - ravers (mdma), psychonauts (psychedelics), roids (PED), stoners (CD), junkies (coke, meth, heroin, etc, they're all pretty much the same - OD), each one is pretty different from the others.

you can group it by cultures even - ravers (mdma), psychonauts (psychedelics), roids (PED), stoners (CD), junkies (coke, meth, heroin, etc, they're all pretty much the same - OD), each one is pretty different from the others.

hmmm...makes sense when you put it that way

ty for the info tathra

We are currently reviewing some forum merges and reshaping, so I'm going to bump this thread for additional feedback.

consider the following …

merge Mental Health and Health and Recovery. throwing TDS in there as well wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

merge Psychedelic Medicine and DitM.

make bluelight image request either a thread or sub forum in this technical forum or Announcements. add it to the ad rotation if you feel that results in inadequate exposure. then merge Announcements and Site Technical Help.

Last edited:
consider the following …

merge Mental Health and Health and Recovery. throwing TDS in there as well wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

merge Psychedelic Medicine and DitM.

make bluelight image request either a thread or sub forum in this technical forum or Announcements. add it to the ad rotation if you feel that results in inadequate exposure. then merge Announcements and Site Technical Help.
We have considered merging MH and H&R, that is definitely something we have thought about, though we haven't made much progress on it, we're kind of busy with other things.

I think merging PM & ditm could potentially be a good idea.

Image request I believe is fine, and merging Announcements and STH imo wouldn't help much at all. One place is for important announcements from admin, as well as containing a lot of basic information about how the site functions. And while there is some overlap with STH, STH is supposed to be for any BLer to post in if they have a technical problem or question, so imo they don't mesh like that.

But I do like your first two ideas, and I think I might try and talk to some other staff about it.