It?s gotten insanely toxic in CE&P. Please read and discuss in a civil manner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Droppers about Jgrimez driving the discussion because I do check in way too often just to see what he has to say. That being said I think the problem is the way he presents his ideas or lack of presenting his ideas. Most of the time it seems like he just dumps headlines without giving any further context, though it's also on me for not giving his posts more respect so if he comes back I'd hope to give him a more honest ear.

I do think Bluelight will always be political because harm reduction is inherently political and I think the bias is obvious, though not a bad thing as long as people with opposing viewpoints feel free to talk, which I understand is not the case anymore. I don't know how to fix that, but I don't think making threads that seem to be about 1 user and bashing the people who give their time to run the site is the way to do it. For my part I will try to listen to opposing viewpoints better and assume that everyone is arguing in good faith.

Thanks to all of the people willing to stand up and voice your opinion. We?re gonna shut it down before it devolves into anything we can?t come back from and reopen when some other voices can wiegh in.

^ I dont have the option of putting swillow on ignore but the scroll function works just fine. But thanks for responding in any way here, where are your co mods? They should respond here.

Toothpaste dog and CFC, it is absolutely impossible to talk to these people without frustration and anger.

Its not worth it for me, I hate bullies and will not stand for it and thats that

Id love to show in public this cduggles infraction and the one from ali.

Add that to the others copped and displayed by others off the board as its showing the nasty pattern and abuse of the system to target us away.

Cep is the nastiest place on bl, theres no point in talking anymore about it.

Take it as a compliment anyone bothered to address it - life is too short for lost causes. :(

I have to agree with Droppers about Jgrimez driving the discussion because I do check in way too often just to see what he has to say. That being said I think the problem is the way he presents his ideas or lack of presenting his ideas. Most of the time it seems like he just dumps headlines without giving any further context, though it's also on me for not giving his posts more respect so if he comes back I'd hope to give him a more honest ear.

I do think Bluelight will always be political because harm reduction is inherently political and I think the bias is obvious, though not a bad thing as long as people with opposing viewpoints feel free to talk, which I understand is not the case anymore. I don't know how to fix that, but I don't think making threads that seem to be about 1 user and bashing the people who give their time to run the site is the way to do it. For my part I will try to listen to opposing viewpoints better and assume that everyone is arguing in good faith.

Nice post. Thanks for your input :)

I'm keen for these sort of perspectives tbh.

^ Right. Just choose the perspective that suit you. Ive called you a cunt when you are being one. So ? Post whatever you want. Also post up your infractions you dole out and what you say in staff to show the big picture of your fine self.

I wish I never saw how you act there.

an update.

jgrimez' temporary ban expired today. he sent me an insulting pm but i chose to not formally discipline him as, in light of this discussion, that might be seen as retaliatory and heavy-handed. his pm ended with this charming demand:

JGrimez said:
Sort out your fucking mods.

to which i responded:

alasdairm said:
seriously? i just switch off when somebody swears at me and orders me around.

you generally make solid points and you argue your position well but if you can't find a way to be civil, you're just going to get banned again and nobody's going to care.

if you see examples of anything you consider unfair moderation, report it and i'll take a look.

alasdair

in the meantime, he sent swilow an abusive pm for which he received an infraction. so he's temp banned again.

we're not reopening this. this isn't about political oppression. it's about people who seem incapable of civil discussion abusing volunteer staff, then turning around and playing the victim.

nobody's being targetted or oppressed. some of you are just being vitriolic dicks. you're fed up? well a lot of staff are fed up too.

honestly, you had a chance to engage and change some minds and you just completely blew it.

so, for now, we're done.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.