Bluelight

Thread: It?s gotten insanely toxic in CE&P. Please read and discuss in a civil manner

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    ^Can't win with you. Whatever.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    closed on request of op.

alasdair

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    an update.

jgrimez' temporary ban expired today. he sent me an insulting pm but i chose to not formally discipline him as, in light of this discussion, that might be seen as retaliatory and heavy-handed. his pm ended with this charming demand:

Quote Originally Posted by JGrimez
    Sort out your fucking mods.
    to which i responded:

Quote Originally Posted by alasdairm
    seriously? i just switch off when somebody swears at me and orders me around.

you generally make solid points and you argue your position well but if you can't find a way to be civil, you're just going to get banned again and nobody's going to care.

if you see examples of anything you consider unfair moderation, report it and i'll take a look.

alasdair
    in the meantime, he sent swilow an abusive pm for which he received an infraction. so he's temp banned again.

we're not reopening this. this isn't about political oppression. it's about people who seem incapable of civil discussion abusing volunteer staff, then turning around and playing the victim.

nobody's being targetted or oppressed. some of you are just being vitriolic dicks. you're fed up? well a lot of staff are fed up too.

honestly, you had a chance to engage and change some minds and you just completely blew it.

so, for now, we're done.

alasdair

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456