It?s gotten insanely toxic in CE&P. Please read and discuss in a civil manner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ali, didn't know I could do that!
Cep 6 viewing lol almost one mod for each. Yea things are going well in cep :)

Do you have anything else to add to this discussion other than trying to shit on CE&P because how many people were viewing the subforum at 12:20 on June 13, 2018 PST?

Did you happen to notice we only have two mods active in CE&P right now, just to try to do damage control on all Dropper's trolling and JGrimez's drama?

:|

Not "a" forum mate. Cep specifically. I'm not shitting on it either, more drawing attention to the fact it's dying. Maybe just maybe it's dying because of the points raised in this thread.

lol nice. You get an admin and smod to go out of their way to help you, then the first thing you do is make a smart ass comment.

I know lol it was just I've never used the full site, I'm always on my phone and never seen how little views cep gets.
Admin and smods are all about helping mate so don't worry about it.

^ in that case, by definition, you've also never seen how many it gets when it peaks? your sample of 1 i snot very logical or compelling...

i just looked and there are 23 viewing:

cep01.png

and if you check right now there will be 7. and in 30 seconds there will be 12. then 2. then 18, then. then. then.

what's your point?

you think that ce&p staff and admin actions are responsible for a drop in traffic? that's a perfectly valid opinion. maybe seeing people being told to "shut the fuck up" makes people - especially newer members - less inclined to participate? maybe there's a little more to it than that?

alasdair

Yes I do think that cep staff and admins actions are responsible for a drop in traffic. You are also responsible Ali.
i think the clique you and a few others have in there is what is the problem.
Its hard to have a discussion because if it gets heated the people your debating with are in the clique or are mods so you get infacted.
I don't think adults are put off posting by someone else being told to shut the fuck up. Your not giving them enough credit.

^ maybe. i think you're just guilty of confirmation bias.

well, at least now you can see the mod list you know exactly who you've been criticising this whole time :)

let's take a look at your record? here's a small sample of your charming contribution:

Go fuck yourself. Sorry for asking a question. Cunt.
Yes that's correct faggot...
Read what I said u thick cunt lol
I got no problem with gays but would rather not be round the more flamboyant gay man. I never understood why because a man likes men he suddenly has to talk and act like a [snipped].

rounded off with this hypocritical nonsense:

Please try not to resort to insults, I know it's hard for you but at least try.

somebody else who complains about insults and abuse but only as long as it's others doing it. you're demonstrably not an innocent martyr who's being persecuted because of his views. i invite you to hold yourself to the same standard you hold others - i know it's hard for you but at least try :)

alasdair

Ok so if I said to someone "go fuck yourself, sorry for asking a question" can you post the comment I was replying to?

Say what you will about traffic at BL in general, but you're not going to win when it comes to CE&P.

It's literally the busiest it has ever been, going back as far as we can generate reliable stats for (2010).

I'm not saying there's room to be complacent, but clearly something's going right...

x70nlfF.png

It's not about winning though is it?
i don't think number of posts is s good way to gauge how well cep is doing. It could be just a few posters talking between themselves. That's not what makes a forum good is it.

^ i agree traffic stats in isolation are not the whole picture.

but, if it's not a good way to gauge how well the forum is doing, why - when you assumed the numbers were bad - do you use it as a way to criticise how poorly the forum is doing?

cake and eat it?

alasdair

It's not about winning though is it?
i don't think number of posts is s good way to gauge how well cep is doing. It could be just a few posters talking between themselves. That's not what makes a forum good is it.

I've seen you argue genuinely and persuasively before, and I know you can do it well when you want to. I've also seen you start shitting up the forum, trying to rile people up and being totally disingenuous.

The former works well to generate quality debate, the latter earns censure and spoils it for everyone. You can be the person that raises the game, if you want.

Here we go lol
ali I commented on the lack of people viewing cep mate. I didn't comment on the number of posts.
You understand the difference don't you?
post count could be high but only the same few members chatting between themselves.

Ok so if I said to someone "go fuck yourself, sorry for asking a question" can you post the comment I was replying to?
sure. here are the two posts immediately preceding your post:

You think because some Iraqi was paid to translate what other Iraqis were saying it makes them a good person tgst should automatically be allowed into america?

in the case of the guys discussed in these articles: "...They are the most thoroughly vetted individuals to come to our country — period."

so, yes. i do.

to which you replied:

Go fuck yourself. Sorry for asking a question. Cunt.

and i'm the problem? :\

alasdair

fuckin hell that seems a bit of an extreme response to that lol
what thread it in? I'd like to read that again.
Link me to it

^ i just did. pretty sure? i'll go ahead and agree to disagree.

ali I commented on the lack of people viewing cep mate. I didn't comment on the number of posts.
You understand the difference don't you?
of course. but as long as i have been a bluelighter views and posts have been directly proportional.

...post count could be high but only the same few members chatting between themselves.
you're right. it could. and by definition it also could not.

alasdair

Alasdiar can you post the context of Jgrimezs comment? I’ve seen quite a few of his posts, and non sense infractions. Ie ‘posting off topic’ etc.. The problem is while I’m aware of some of the adult commentary I’ve made and long past trolling I’ve done(until bardeaux asked me to stop), I don’t think you guys are capable of seeing your own biases. I 100% started this thread in good faith and would not like to see CEP go the way of the lounge. While I can see how Jgrimezs “shut the fuck up comment” is quite shocking and upsetting, I feel like maybe giving him a break and allowing him to wiegh in here could be quite beneficial to all.

he's temp banned so, for now, he's lost the privilege of weighing in here.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.