• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vaping vs combustion

sustanon21

Bluelighter
Vaping vs combutsion
I just ordered my first vape its an atmos jumper. I need to start being more careful about smell I can't just smoke bowls or joints in the house my wife gets sick from the smell. I've smoked disposable vape pens and distillate hash pens. I don't seem to get as high from the vape.

How much difference is the high between vaping and smoking flower? With the vape pens there is very little paranoia and anxiety which is nice. When I smoke its still like a rollercoaster. Maybe vaping will be a good change.

I also read you can turn the bud that has been vaped into edibles anyone try that?

I smoked weed literally once, ever. I'd only ever do it again if I was desperate. I can feel my lungs screaming at me to stop inhaling smoke when I smoke anything, and I'm not one to ignore my body. Vaporizers aren't ideal but I don't want the length, time to effects, and ease of ODing with edibles so vaporizing is basically my only good option most of the time.

AVB is easy to turn into edibles since all you need to do is extract the cannabinoids, not decarb. Tons of recipes, though if you tend to use the shit out of your weed until there's no vapor left you're going to have weak edibles.

Vaping flowers will give more or less the same effect as smoking flowers. I would be surprised if you notice any difference with respect to paranoia or anxiety.

I prefer vaping. if you buy a good unit with a temp guage or even a volcano, it is great. When you smoke, you get the extra stuff that inflames your lungs, stomach, etc. Don't get me wrong, a bubbler, a sherlock or even pedestrian throw away is great, but the vape does less damage.

In my experience, I would vape, then toke a bud and get really baked. Good times.

Last edited:
Vaping all the way! Better taste, better high, better health! :D
And! You can extract a lot from the browned weed you are left after vaping, using frozen ethanol technique.

I wish there would be better quality portable dry heat vape devices! 8)

I've been using the atmos jumper for the last few days. I feel like I can smoke out of it all day and not get as high as I would off of a few good pulls from a pipe or joint. Joints fuck me up more then anything.

It's kind of nice not getting as stoned though. When I really I pace around get paranoid self conscious etc.

I would like one of those convection rigs. Suppose to be better.

I have a 100% convection (extremely rare, even most "convection" vapes are hybrids) vaporizer from Boundless. It's really nice in that it's super consistent day to day. Battery life is complete fucking aids though, I'm a real lightweight I could never imagine using this if I was like one of my friends who goes through a quarter or more a week. I'm more like a gram max a week. But I do love my vaporizer, I can take it anywhere, on a hike or whatever and not have to worry about the wind or rain blowing out matches or lighters or any of that shit. Obviously you're battery limited in those situations but if I'm very careful I can get super baked 2-3 times easily off a battery charge (again, super lightweight).

Do I think it's objectively better than my cheap conduction vaporizer was? Not necessarily. It's definitely a personal preference about vaporizer and vapor characteristics.

I've been using the atmos jumper for the last few days. I feel like I can smoke out of it all day and not get as high as I would off of a few good pulls from a pipe or joint. Joints fuck me up more then anything.

It's kind of nice not getting as stoned though. When I really I pace around get paranoid self conscious etc.

Hold it in until you feel like you're going to pass out, seriously. I know 90% of stoners will fight to the death to defend their position that holding in smoke or vapor for longer than 5 seconds or so doesn't get you noticeably higher, but anecdotally I completely and utterly disagree. If I hold in my vapor for 3-5 seconds it can take me 5-8 hits of 25% THC weed to get high. If I hold it in for 20 seconds, 18% THC weed will get me absolutely fucked on 2 hits, and quite high after even just one.

Vaping flower gives you a more focused high imo, and it smells much less than a bong or a joint. I've tried battery-powered vapes like Flowermate and Pax but nothing beats my Vapcap. It's a cheap butane-powered vape that looks like a one-hitter, it gets me high as a kite but it's a different high than a bong, much better if you're looking for something else than a couch lock. However using butane means it's not as stealthy as a battery vape, torches can be noisy, but I found Flowermate and Pax underwhelming after using a vapcap.

is it possible to buy a cartidge to vape flower with a brass knuckles battery or do i need a different model?

Vaping flower gives you a more focused high imo, and it smells much less than a bong or a joint. I've tried battery-powered vapes like Flowermate and Pax but nothing beats my Vapcap. It's a cheap butane-powered vape that looks like a one-hitter, it gets me high as a kite but it's a different high than a bong, much better if you're looking for something else than a couch lock. However using butane means it's not as stealthy as a battery vape, torches can be noisy, but I found Flowermate and Pax underwhelming after using a vapcap.
Dude this looks like a WAY better take on the vaporgenie concept, though I dont really know of any other butane vapes of the top of my head.

I've had several vaporizers going back to 2009. Most recently I purchased an Arizer Solo ][ back in December, 2017 because Dr asked me to at least try vaporizing again. The damn thing is absolute shit; it takes me forever to get high w/using it; and it definitely does not conserve on weed. I haven't used it since March and I feel like smashing the crappy thing on the pavement.

Vape pens w/oil yes - vaping flower, no, not for Tom. So I'm gonna save this thing, receipt and all, and give it to the first person in line next to me when the recreational stores open up on October 17.

For some reason even the thought of vaping flower leaves me cold.

Tom

Salutations FuckinAcidMan,

Dude this looks like a WAY better take on the vaporgenie concept, though I dont really know of any other butane vapes of the top of my head.

Being a VaporGenie fan i'd like that statement to be fully developped. Personally i consider the manufacturer would be well advised to implement their forgotten Fig. 11/12 item from the US patent and assume a pressing need to evolve at last: as it is the VG pipes design severely limits access as a function of operator skills and lungs capacity, to say the least. Which doesn't mean the DynaVap VapCap doesn't come with major limitations of its own in terms of "1-Hitter" applications. Though i suppose the glass unit does a more appropriate job matching its required energy supply to cannabic workload... Still, lets just mention skin burns from wasted heat, for example. So, maybe kitchen torches and similar would simply happen to be a tad oversize considering the real final goal in a rational scenario.

uhoh.gif

If the OP is after substitution for his cigarette habit then it sure makes more sense to go with the VG strategy, provided some adjustements can be performed.

1st things first think about how the cigarette works: fire consumes nearly half of relatively loose vegetal fibers hermetically contained (temporarily...) inside a paper tube that's also burned into ashes in the process of generating sufficient heat to vaporize the other half, while inhalation implies self-poisoning by mixing the noble volatile molecules with toxic combustion fumes. Just replace that vegetal fiber with Silicon Carbide (SiC) to get rid of the self-vilification agent(s) and yet retain a consumption method where extra-hot "Potentializing" gases (H2O & CO2) are equally present in the stream. Using an Hybrid Core layout i get the "Shortest Path of Least Transformation" for a fraction of what it costs to blow balloons, without making the pipe operation as obvious as when torching excessive amounts of metal with a kitchen torch or similar. It's a pipe, the only difference is that it cools off right after the toking and hence i "light up" more than once. No scorched fingers, all it takes is a jetable Bic butane lighter in "emergency" situations.

Enjoy those promises and more by taking my challenge to replicate and peer-review if you dare:

ei1du0.jpg

[ https:// postimg.cc/image/6y3f23sq9/ ]

Egzoset's Plan-B Setups of Summer 2018 - Solstice Duo [640x400]

Please refer to my old dedicated thread for context (click here).

2mdjv2q.jpg

The rest until today:

What it does, to make things any clearer (if that's possible on such guru-driven forums!), is to replace some aerial/foamy vegetal structure with ever-lasting SiC which is never altered by fire. In a cigarette this vegetal foam gets consumed to support/generate a "Heat Charge", in my "Plan-B" the SiC/Metal sandwhich temporarily carries a Heat Charge at least as potent but without the health-hazard and other nuisance(s). Both scenarios involve a foamy structure supporting the Heat Charge until it quickly moves into some substrate containing noble molecules. So, no big deal: experience it now, there's always time to talk later...

cool.gif

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

I just got exposed to MM and vape pens. I can get a nice high from 2 pulls of the high THC cartridges. However I still have a long way to go on completely switching to vaping. I still like pulls off of glass pipes and I seem to get higher.

My cousin who was selling me on the vape pens and oil cartridges has always said it is a cleaner high. He claims even red eyes are only because smoking weed releases other things. Well although I will keep experimenting with the vape pen, I will say this, if vaping oil is a cleaner high I like my highs dirty, sleepy, red eyed and couch locked. :D

Still going to experiment with vaping as smoking more than a few hits a day makes me cough up stuff as my lungs scramble to clean out the tars. (I always thank my lungs as they are working as they should)So I hope to change my mind on vaping. I will vape for a week straight and see if I can get use to it.

Vape pens w/oil yes - vaping flower, no, not for Tom. So I'm gonna save this thing, receipt and all, and give it to the first person in line next to me when the recreational stores open up on October 17.
I feel similar about vaping. Oil - yes, flower - no.

Day 1 was pretty crazy, too. Spreading good vibes is always a good time. I'll try to vape some oil and then smoke some weed if I can get around to it on Oct. 17th. Enjoy!

I feel similar about vaping. Oil - yes, flower - no.

Day 1 was pretty crazy, too. Spreading good vibes is always a good time. I'll try to vape some oil and then smoke some weed if I can get around to it on rsOct. 17th. Enjoy!

Funny thing about oil/concentrates is that I usually avoided them because they usually required 'finesse' to operate. Don't really know how to describe it other than if I ever used oil from a bottle cap all the way up to wax dropped on a quartz nail I always burned myself no matter how much care I thought I took. The last time I bought oil it came in a damn syringe - so I just glopped it in top of bowls. About 7 years ago I bought wax and ended up using it in milkshakes.

Vapes pens are another matter; those I can use w/o problem and even manage to refill tanks. Haven't used a dab pen yet, but since they can be loaded cold I'm not gonna burn myself trying :)

Day 1 is going to be a disappointment for many considering the low THC levels (its currently unusual to see anything over 20%).

I'm waiting on North Dakota - they're actually going to vote on rec legalization in November. Its the 1 state that I can still get to on a regular basis, so iy would be nice to be able to purchase weed there.

Tom

I couldn't find any laws pertaining to THC limits in Canada.

I did however find out that you can do 14 years for going to N Dakota and back to Canada with some weed. Stay safe, Tom.

I will smoke flower, and vape oil. For me, if I were to vape flower, I feel like I would decarb the shit out of it, and then the subsequent vaping of the flower would taste burnt, and then it wouldn't even make for strong edibles.

Maybe if you use a volcano, and put a tiny tiny nug in there, then do a pull, then take out the expired nug, rinse, repeat--I've done that, and I thought I wasn't getting high at all, lol. I had 20 bags of vapor. Ended up getting sick actually, cause it put me in a "too high" headspace for a bit.

Since I live in a lame area where MM is not legal yet, I miss the cartridges and the dab. I try to smoke flower out of a bong. I do it with VERY cold water (bottle of water in the freezer for about 27 mins), and then I put just enough for a one-hitter in the bong--I feel like, if I smoke the bowl, then take a second hit, third hit, etc., from the bowl that is turning into ash, then I am consuming more tar, probably.

But yeah...loading "personal" bowls in a bong with really cold water in one hit, then repeating, is probably the only way I will smoke flower. Or smoking very tiny nugs out of a pipe, then when it's burnt to hell just reload the pipe.

I know it's probably bad for my lungs, but at least there's some filtration out of a bong. I did notice that when I did a shitload of weed in college, my lungs didn't actually hate me--and I would smoke just joints, almost all the time. But then I started smoking cigarettes for a bit, and I couldn't run one block, versus when I was high or after toking, I could run for three miles without stopping.

I've switched from smoking to mainly just using a dabber and vape cart now. Does anyone here have experience with the Yukon Stealth. The price doesn't seem too bad and it comes with a chamber for e-juice and another one with a coil for concentrate.

Ok. So I am not a novice when it comes to weed but I am very confused by vaporizers. I am hoping someone can can shed some light on them for me.

I am all for the health benefits but from my experience, the high is completely cerebral and has no affect on the body? Even the cerebral part is different than smoking out of glass? They are a major letdown for me. I have purchased multiple PAX vaporizers and have tried the firefly as well. Do I not know how to operate one? Or was i simply purchasing the wrong vaporizers? PAX strikes me as slightly gimmicky but I'm truly in the market for portable vaporizers. I understand crafty makes an excellent one. This is strictly for flower. Anyway, would love feedback.

Cheers

Tomer

Last edited: