• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Using to stop using

Diesel777

Greenlighter
Hey, can anybody tell me if they or someone they know, have ever been able to smoke crack to combat opioid withdrawals and eventually get off opioids? (Heroin in this case)
Thanks

I personally can not attest to this specific situation. But I have used amphetamines in substitution of opiates. And with my experience, I can say that it didn't necessarily eliminate my w/d or discomfort, but it definitely allowed me a longer window (of time) within my day to maintain a somewhat "balanced" work, school, chill environment. Still wasn't as good as a true substitution with methadone, suboxone or even kratom. Wish I could answer your question buddy.

Using something as fiendish and psychologically addictive as crack to help with opiate withdrawal is a terrible idea... most likely you'd be trading one demon for another.

Stimulants always make my withdrawals worse. I've never smoked or used crack but i can't imagine trading heroin for crack would be a good idea.

At this point you should start taking kratom imo. Crack might just make you impulsive causing you to take more heroin. At least with kratom if you end up trading addictions it's a lot easier to get off and won't fuck up your health.

Stimulants always make my withdrawals worse. I've never smoked or used crack but i can't imagine trading heroin for crack would be a good idea.

At this point you should start taking kratom imo. Crack might just make you impulsive causing you to take more heroin. At least with kratom if you end up trading addictions it's a lot easier to get off and won't fuck up your health.

Odd, I actually found a little meth to be quite helpful in coping with withdrawal. But yeah apart from that I agree with you.

Adderall helped me in withdrawal from oxy to have the energy to go to work and do all my errands , still felt heavy but could make it thru the day .

Yeah, that's how I'd describe it. It didn't entirely take away withdrawal, but the extra energy helped me get through it. And helped speed up perception of time which tends to slow down a lot in withdrawal. It did help a little with the symptoms though. Or at least my perception and awareness of them.

Hey, can anybody tell me if they or someone they know, have ever been able to smoke crack to combat opioid withdrawals and eventually get off opioids? (Heroin in this case)
Thanks

meth definitely helped me quit bupe use, temporarily

cannabis helped me when I finally got off bupe, though barely, bupe wd is hell for me

the comedown from crack is a nightmare....unless you plan to smoke it constantly for the entire duration of your withdrawal (1 week) i can't imagine it would help. but if you were high on crack for a week straight you would likely die anyways.

I've never taken meth but when i take adderall in withdrawals it just makes the cold sweats and fatigue worse. It'll give me some energy but not enough to compensate for how shitty it makes me feel.

I’m trying to quit meth snorting .have been for a year . I’m doing ok but dizzy and feeling like I have “trails” in my head - I did two small bumps today to taper but idk what to do

thats probably the worst idea I've ever heard here on bluelight. There are a million things that would work better for heroin withdrawal than crack....

I suppose everyone is different... Crack doesn't have the same effect on me as I have seen in others.
I tend to get a goofy high...and I don't have some of the paranoid tendencies I've seen in other people. Some seem to "chase" the original high... I just stay high as long as I'm smoking.....and to be honest...I don't think about opiates while high. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that crack is a good alternative....
In my experience.... gabapentin....immodium or lomotil....are much better ... Hope this helps.

Here's what will happen:

You will smoke the crack, 5 minutes later start crashing, and buy heroin to ease the crash.

Out of all drugs (barring shit like krokodil that's poisonous) crack probably has the least medical value and general utility. It is not an aid for opiate withdrawal.

I've never smoked crack, but seen the shit being smoked people crawling on the ground picking up crumbs etc, worst drug ever.

meth definitely helped me quit bupe use, temporarily

cannabis helped me when I finally got off bupe, though barely, bupe wd is hell for me

I'd like to hear about meth helping you through bupe wd. I'd agree that bupe wd is the closest thing to hell on earth, and basically nothing helped me.

An upper, and such euphoric and short lasting one to stop heroin? Bad idea, you will switch one addiction with another at the start, and soon you will end up needing both because heroin is so good to deal with crack's comedown...
Personaly I used alcohol and benzos to help me calm down when the heroin withdrawals went to rough, and, even though it's a dangerous thing to do, it's definitely more propably to work than using crack.