• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Has anyone tried the heroin purification techniques?

jtrueba

Greenlighter
Greetings! I'm somewhat new to the forums, or at least to posting. I've been cruising these forums for longer than I can remember, as this is an incredible source for information. I ran into an issue I couldn't find much on the interwebs about, so I decided to seek some assistance here. :)

I recently stumbled across a few articles that discuss how to purify heroin by removing many of its impurities (which does not include any cuts from drugs such as fentanyl or carfentanil! Meaning if those are present, this process makes the drug extremely dangerous! Just thought id include that for anyone that decides to explore this idea). The articles I looked through are all listed below, they mostly cover the same process with little differences.
The problem I'm having is unfortunately right in the first couple steps. The first step is to just dampen one gram of heroin with hydrochloric acid and give it about 2 minutes to work its magic. None of the articles really goes into detail about what you should see or what type of heroin they are using. If they're using some type of powdered heroin, I would expect they would have different results than if it was black tar heroin, which is unfortunately pretty much all one can get in my area. Even if I break the tar up pretty well, after 2 minutes, or even 3, if I move past that step, I feel like its leaving more behind than its actually processing as it should. While it does seem to effect the heroin a little bit, for the most part, it only gets to the very outside of it.
I had some questions about the next steps as well, but this one is really the main step that I don't have much confidence in. Also, just to rule things out, the HCI and ammonium hydroxide I'm using are pretty high quality. I purchased them from a chemical supply store close to where I'm at. As is the same with everything else I'm using for this project.

If anyone on here has tried this (successfully), I would very much appreciate your input.

Thank you!
-J

Sources
  1. Purifying Heroin Again
  2. Heroin purification to nearly USP
  3. How to purify heroin to nearly USP

P.S. I apologize if this is the wrong section. It seemed like the only appropriate section to post this question under.

Last edited:
After poking around quite a bit, it's now evident that the above purification processes are actually meant for Heroin #3, not for the "black tar" type, which is what I often deal with. :-/

After poking around quite a bit, it's now evident that the above purification processes are actually meant for Heroin #3, not for the "black tar" type, which is what I often deal with. :-/
is this true?

I have seen a tutorial on cleaning black tar heroin but it was long ago.

If memory serves they boiled the tar in water with a little citric acid added and let it cool. The 6-monoacetyl morphine (the active) would dissolve but the other crud sat on the surface.

It was obviously several grams of tar because mechanical losses precluded using it on smaller amounts but they showed a picture of a hypo full of solution and you could at least see through the liquid.

But the truth is - tar is for smoking, I really don't think you should attempt to prepare it for injection because apparently bacteria is commonly found in black tar. Bacteria you don't want transported into your bloodstream.