• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Exaddict using heroin once then subutex for wd?

texansyrup

Greenlighter
If for an example someone was a ex heroin addict and got clean through the sub system here in TX. Learning about the drugs and how they work i was wandering if using heroin for a day then using some a sub for the comedown so i dont be addicted again? I usually have good self control which is how I?m now almost 4 months clean of anything apart from the odd benzo here and there about 2 times a month.

Taking subs won't help you not become dependant. And, look man it's your body, your life, its not for me to tell you what to do or not do, but with that said, I find it unlikely that you'll remain an "ex addict" after using heroin "for a day".

But yeah, just strictly addressing your question, I've never known opiates to have a comedown, but taking subuxone should only make things much worse. At best it'll hasten becoming dependant, at worst it'll cause precipitated withdrawal. I sure as hell wouldn't do it. I'd generally say either use heroin, or don't.

the sub will just make you get more dependent. subs are an opiate...you will effectively be on opiates longer if you do both drugs back to back, therefor will have more dependence.

But 1 time using each back to back won't be enough to make you dependent if you have been totally clean for a few months...but in your situation using the sub for anything other than being high longer is pointless

Within the context of texansyrup question; You will not be physically addicted to heroin. Therefore, Subutex will not be necessary.
The answer to your question is No. You will not need Subutex for one day of heroin.

Not trying to bust your balls but Is using heroin for just one day even worth losing the 4 months of sobriety?

Last edited:
Gonna move this to OD, as it's more suitable for that forum.

DC->OD