• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Magnesium for MDMA to stop/reduce gurning (How much and when to take?)

boavida

Greenlighter
As said in the title, when do I take the magnesium tablets and how much do I take?

2000mg preload was the last I remember reading up.

Though if you have control over the mind, body and soul you'll find bruxism aka gurning can be stopped by will.

I usually go for 1000-2000mg, spacing it out during the hours leading up for the roll. So for example first 500mg 6h before taking the MDMA, then 500mg again 3h ahead. Then 500mg 1-2h before, and finally the last 500 right before. But that'd when I'm feeling ambitious lol
Sometimes I just take an arbitrarily large amount a couple of hours before the roll. I think it help bit it doesn't get rid of the tension and chewing entirely. I still need gum or something similar or else I bite my lips and my cheeks to pieces

I think that about up to and no more than 1000mg is usually reccomended in case it causes diarrhea. It only does so much though.

If you focus hard enough on your mouth you can completely stop bruxism.

It's not like you cannot control it or you need supplements to control it. I may do it mildly throughout the night but I find chewing gum turns into a paste or liquid like substance after chewing for hours. Not to mention the nausea associated with the additives in chewing gum. This is why I avoid chewing gum.

It'll just make your jaw muscles more saw in the morning from overworking them.

The form the magnesium is in is also important, as bioavailability varies greatly between the different forms. I believe citrate is best but I would have to look that up for you once I get home, I'll confirm later on

It really does help tremendously with bruxism of you get the form and dose right

Aspartate, orotate, arginate, glycinate, malate, lactate & taurate have good bioavailability

Citrate is most commonly found and is also readily absorbed in the gut

Oxide is worst and absorbed very poorly

I would go with citrate. Some studies seem to indicate the chelated forms (first few listed) are marginally better absorbed but since citrate is much easier to find that seems like the best option