• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Where will King James take his talents to next?

What team will Lebron play for at the beginning of the 2018-2019 NBA Season?

• Los Angeles Lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia 76ers

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • New York Knicks

• Golden State Warriors

• Houston Rockets

• San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Miami Heat

• Boston Celtics

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Oklahoma City Thunder

• Chicago Bulls

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• New Orleans Pelicans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
San Antonio? I really have no idea.lol

I think he's going to Philly. That's the most talented team with the cap space to sign him.

New comments from Wade referring to the decision as a 'choice of lifestyle' has helped LA's chances in my opinion. He has at least two homes there, I think. Good basketball schools for his son. Very high profile location, which would be a nice change from Akron. Not to mention the weather.

I think Lebron wants to go there. But wanting to is not enough for him. If he can't get the players he needs to go with him, his want means nothing. He will go where he feels he has the best chance to win a championship.

It's difficult for me to see how you wouldn't automatically cross out every Western Conference team if that is your priority.

Does Lebron really want to have to play 6 or 7 games against Houston and OKC or Portland or somebody before he even gets to Golden State THEN risk not even making it to the Finals? THEN having to play Kyrie (if he's there), Tatum, Hayward...no...he doesn't.

He's gotta stay in the East. Does he go with the 'sure thing' option, Celtics, which would require Kyrie not being in the picture (maybe going to the Knicks) or the riskier option with the potential of a huge payoff, 76ers?

Last edited:
With Chris Paul being a free agent it's possible they could both end up with the Lakers. Question is whether they would have enough firepower to beat GS? I personally don't think so but it could be an option if he looks at the bigger picture

With Chris Paul being a free agent it's possible they could both end up with the Lakers. Question is whether they would have enough firepower to beat GS? I personally don't think so but it could be an option if he looks at the bigger picture

Depends on what combination of Kuzma/Ingram/Randle they would have to trade. Relative to the huge stars in the NBA I'm just not crazy about Chris Paul anyway.

Nah Chris Paul is an unrestricted free agent like James. So they could just sign both.

I'm not buying the James to Boston talk. O don't think him and Kyrie like each other

Nah Chris Paul is an unrestricted free agent like James. So they could just sign both.

I'm not buying the James to Boston talk. O don't think him and Kyrie like each other

Hard to get along with anybody who who believes we live on a Flat Earth.

LeBron should join the Warriors. Why not? Just take a minimum contract and sign on as a joke. Do a few more endorsements to make up for the lost cash. If I were an NBA player who has made as much money, and a strong enough brand to ensure steady income flow after retirement as LeBron has, I would sure as hell trade in a max contract for some free Rings. Shit would totally break the league.

Although tbh, the league is already broken. We already know essentially at the beginning of the year who will win/play in the championship. We all knew it would be the Cavs/Boston losing to Golden State the moment the Free Agency period ended. Last big surprise was the Mavs over the Heat in the Big 3's first year, but that kind of surprise only happens once a decade. The predictably of the league renders it completely unwatchable, imo; unless my team is the predicted champ, of course.

sure, they could sign whoever they want as long as they have enough $. Likely somebody would have to take a cut, like KD did when he went to Golden State.

Hard to get along with anybody who who believes we live on a Flat Earth.

LeBron should join the Warriors. Why not? Just take a minimum contract and sign on as a joke. Do a few more endorsements to make up for the lost cash. If I were an NBA player who has made as much money, and a strong enough brand to ensure steady income flow after retirement as LeBron has, I would sure as hell trade in a max contract for some free Rings. Shit would totally break the league.

Although tbh, the league is already broken. We already know essentially at the beginning of the year who will win/play in the championship. We all knew it would be the Cavs/Boston losing to Golden State the moment the Free Agency period ended. Last big surprise was the Mavs over the Heat in the Big 3's first year, but that kind of surprise only happens once a decade. The predictably of the league renders it completely unwatchable, imo; unless my team is the predicted champ, of course.

haha...I agree with you on all points. If Lebron actually did go to the Warriors, then the NBA really would be unwatchable. I'm not sure the commissioner would allow that though. And I don't think Lebron would ever do that, because he's smart enough to know that no one would respect any rings he might win there. I don't fully respect the Warriors win this year, either. Too lopsided. As you said, everyone knew in October that if the Warriors stayed healthy they would win in June. The only question was, could Lebron get there, and how much of a fight would it be?

this is why I'm a fan of the idea of restructuring the playoffs. Keep the regular season the way it is, but seed the top 16 seeds overall regardless of Conference. Who cares about conference titles anyway? Make the playoffs more entertaining and unpredictable. That should be the priority.

I've not really thought this one out, but would it be possible to make all the series best of 5 instead of best of 7? That way if there was a mismatch, it wouldn't drag out as much. Players would have more energy to expend, thus making good matchups even better. Lessen the impact of fatigue.

Wooooooowee... things are heating up

Reports that Lebron has reached out to KD about joining forces in LA.
(This comes from Stephen A Smith, so take it with a grain of salt...I don't think KD has any intentions of going anywhere)

Spurs are "fully engaged" with Boston and LA in Kawhi trade talks.

Paul George not opting in to OKC contract...

I definitely think he played his last game in cleveland

Lebrons in LA. His reps are meeting with 76er reps in LA, but Lebron won't be there. Not a good sign for LA? I don't think? But why's he even there? Who knows. I'm dying to know how this all shakes out tho.

but yeah cj, I'm with you. Why would he be doin all this shit if he had any interest in staying in Cleveland?

Last edited:
all those fans who bought shirts to replace the ones they burned when he left for miami will have to burn them again :)

alasdair

lebron-james-4.jpg

Lebron James has agreed to a 4 year, $154 million dollar contract with the

Los Angeles Lakers.

hoooooly fucking shit ... wonder what's gonna happen next? Who else is coming?

edit: word is Kawhi still wants to be a Laker, after all the talks.

Lakers it is. Question becomes who follows him

I like the addition of Rondo. Maybe setting up to trade lonzo at some point?

Yeah I think Lonzo is gone. No way Lebrun wants to deal with his family

Status
Not open for further replies.