• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Anthony Bourdain dead @ 61

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Anthony Bourdain, the chef and gifted storyteller who took TV viewers around the world to explore culture, cuisine and the human condition for nearly two decades, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.
Bourdain was in France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series, "Parts Unknown." His close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.
"It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain," the network said in a statement Friday morning.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cnns-anthony-bourdain-dead-at-61/ar-AAyo1er?ocid=spartanntp

It really saddens me, I really enjoyed watching all of his shows on the travel channel and food network. he kind of inspired me to whip up a stirfry at a young age.
he will be missed by me. :(

Me too. I discovered him and Andrew Zimmern at the same time and loved them both immediately. Hate to see him go at only 61. He had a lot of good years ahead of him.

This man really knew how to live life and soak up the magic of this world.
I think I'll cook up something good tonight in honor of him.

rip

loved bourdain - such a cool guy. Shared similar opinions with him in just about every platform of life. Truly a sad day

Odd couple of friends, but he and Eric Ripert were v tight. He must be devastated.

Bourdain was not a particularly happy guy. The chef world is v cliquey and he wasn't a particularly good one. And yes he was aware of it, but it still had to hurt considering his love not just of food but of the industry.

p.s. I love Bourdain, the NYC chef scene (which is usually home base for a lot of well known non-European chefs) is just v hierarchical.

I thought Bordain was best on his show "Parts Unknown", although I loved his writing and spontaneous wit. He's v nimble conversationally.

I still can't believe he hung himself. He seemed like someone who had demons but a real curiousity and lust for life.

CfZrx Tip of the Day---Listen to that Marc Maron podcast "WTF" He reposted an old Bourdain episode! RIP dude!

i liked him he was something special and he had an interisting life. he mentioned smoking strange substances through glasware in sweden, he had his time with drugs.

thought Bordain was best on his show "Parts Unknown"

it gradually got better, really entertaining.

I believe he advocated for the use of LSD and someone remarked to me he battled heroin not sure about it all but a tragedy yet not many live the life he was honored to that is for certain

p.s. I love Bourdain, the NYC chef scene (which is usually home base for a lot of well known non-European chefs) is just v hierarchical.

I thought Bordain was best on his show "Parts Unknown", although I loved his writing and spontaneous wit. He's v nimble conversationally.

I still can't believe he hung himself. He seemed like someone who had demons but a real curiousity and lust for life.
Perhaps a darkness he battled not many or any understand

If he was being honest in Kitchen Confidential, then he did a LOT of drugs of all kinds.

HLUyxxi.jpg

^ is that asia argento? are you suggesting she killed him?

alasdair

^ is that asia argento? are you suggesting she killed him?

alasdair

According to the documentary “roadrunner” this woman was the straw that broke the 🐪 back. The day before his suicide a tabloid posted pictures of her hugging and holding hands with some young guy.

However, he had been depressed and worn down for a few years. I think he was getting sick of the attention and was incredibly lonely after yet another failed relationship. In some of the clips they show in the documentary he looks very detached and is clearly suffering quietly while everyone around him is having a good time.

This guy was a hero to many people like me who will never get to experience other countries and cultures. I know it’s not much, but a lot of what I know about the Middle East, Korea, Vietnam, and the cities in America I learned from watching his show.

He was also a surprisingly good writer considering it was his “second act” and he didn’t publish anything till he was around 40 years old.

Last edited:
Yes..he was great.I like him.....like a chief&personage.A tragic end.....cannot imagine the severity of pain&depression he suffered.R.I.P. Anthony Bourdaine!