• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help

Hartkell

Greenlighter
Needing some advise on a spacific drug. Not sure where to post. So I have what appears to be oxycodone HCL ER, or Oxcontin. I looked the pill up on pill identifier and I got those 2 results. It said they are extended release. Can I break them in half and only take half or because it?s extended release will that kill me? I have an auto immune disease called HS. You get super painful abscesses on your arm pits, groin, under boobs, and ass. Basically where you have sweat glands. I am a stage 3 (the worse stage). I live in a small town where we do have an opioid problem. Drs will not prescribe any sort of pain meds unless you have had surgery or an open fracture. So I rely on friends and family to give me their meds they no longer need. The person I got them from, they were her moms but she passed away and the pills were in her daily pill container, not in the actual prescription bottle. These pills I have are brown circular in shape and have markings of 30 op on them. Which like I said I looked up and it said they were oxycodone HCL ER, or OxyContin. Most of the time when pain is at its worst I will take three 7.5 narcos or one 15 mg morphine sulphate. I have never taken an extended release pain pill. So I want to know if I can break it in half and take half now and half in 12 hours if needed, and not overdose because of it being an extended release?

Hey Hart, welcome to Bluelight.

I'm going to go on and say that it is extremely dangerous to take any medication that isn't perscribed and labeled.

I'm going to move this over to BDD.
Hope you can find the answer that you are looking for.

Orally Oxycodone is about 1.5x the strength of morphine.

30mg Oxycodone equates to about 45mg of Morphine orally, so 10mg would equal 15mg of morphine.

With 30mg extended release oxy, half the dose is released instantly, and the other 15mg is released over the course of 8-12 hours.

From what I have read from other threads it seems like this isn?t a really strong dose so taking the entire 30 mg pill seems as tho it would not be a problem. Honestly am looking for pain control. I mean the euphoric and high feeling is nice but I need pain control.

I did take the entire 30mg op around 330pm. I took 10mgs Narco today around 10:30am that didn?t come close to touching my pain. This didn?t make it go completely away but it is definitely manageable. I did get sick tho. And still am a spec nauseated. Tried eating a small light snack didn?t go well.

Would I be able to take 15mgs of morphine sulphate for break through pain, even tho I took an 30mg extended release Oxy around 10:30 am

Sure you could take the morphine and it would help, oral morphine is said to be comparable to hydrocodone and oxy is said to be 1.5x stronger then hydro. So the 15mg of morphine is going to equal about 10mg of oxy.

So in total you would have the equivalent of 40mg of oxy in your system, if that's a dose you believe you can tolerate then you should be fine. Have you ever taken morphine before?