• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Denatonium in acetone for cocaine wash

N

NUGFLUFF

Hey I found "100 percent" acetone nail polish remover but it has denatonium in it. Is there a chance this could be dangerous or impart a bitter flavor (Wikipedia says it's the most bitter chemical known)? Or would it just dissolve on through with the acetone and impurities? Thanks for your help!

i'm not sure if doing cocaine washes to clean out impurities is within our scope anymore, but i'ma send it over to Other Drugs because it should be.

If I'm not mistaken, I think they put denatonium in acetone to prevent people for ingesting it (yes it's very bitter).
It's soluble in acetone so it shouldn't be a problem.
But a small amount might stay in your cocaine, you'd have to wash it very well (however you'd be washing it with the same bottle of acetone so it'll be kind of pointless).
Someone more experienced might be able to give you more insight about this particular case.

Btw denatonium free acetone should be relatively easy to get.
If you want to wash cocaine it's best to use anhydrous acetone since coke is very water soluble. If you can't get anhydrous you could always dry it using a drying agent (like epsom salts).