• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Benzos for a week , opiates for a week .repeat [updated]

yompf

Bluelighter
So I'm trying to keep this crappy job . I have to X alcohol out. No I can't work sober. I couldnt handle it mentally and performance wise I would suck and people would notice a difference and I would probably quit and move across country to live with my friend , fully aware my issues will follow.
Anyway. What is going to happen to my brain if I do this? And what will happen when I stop??
Valium 5-9 mg a day for 5 days out the week. Then 10 mg norco for the next 5 day work week. +non consecutive days.
See I just want to avoid nasty withdrawals by choosing only one drug.
What's the worst that will happen?

Cross addiction to both that will fuck up yo work more than working sober ever could. Don't think no one will notice either, you'll probably find yourself out on your ass quick.

Whether or not you will have withdrawal really depends on how often you take the drug. If you're going to be taking xanny everyday for 5 days straight, then you probably won't have withdrawal if you only have a limited amount to take for only the course of about a week. However, if you mean you're gonna take it like 5 days a week long-term, then yes, there is a good chance you will have some nasty withdrawals if you try to stop (I should mention that unlike opiate withdrawal, withdrawaling from alcohol or even benzo/sedatives like xanax can be fatal). As for the Norco, like I said with the xanax, if you only plan on taking it for 5 days straight then you should be okay but if you're taking it long-term then you most definitely will have withdrawals (like regularly for over a month for instance). I never really cared for xanax, but I'm a morphine addict. You can mark my words when I say that you will more than likely get addicted if you use it regularly and withdrawals are inevitable once you stop taking it over a long period of time. If sobriety isn't a preferred option but you still don't wanna worry about withdrawals, then I would suggest spacing out your usage or only use it when you feel like you're gonna lose your shit and have a breakdown, given that you have the willpower to ration the meds.

Last edited:
On the other hand, if your job is driving you to the point of wanting to self-medicate just to cope with it, then maybe your best bet is finding another job that doesn't make you feel so miserable. Speaking from experience, I once worked at a family-owned head-shop where the manager was always present and always in a shit mood half the time. This meant if he was in a bad mood then he was taking it out on me and/or the other employee I worked with, and the other 2 employees were extremely condescending and rude to me too (1 being his daughter). You would think working at a head-shop would be the most laid-back work environment ever, but no, I worked there for a couple of years and it eventually drove me to drinking all day-everyday for a month straight til I quit. I figured if I'm gonna get bitched at on a regular basis, then I might as well get shit-faced before I go to work so I won't have to remember much of it. Once I quit the job, I quit drinking daily too (despite still being addicted to morphine). Now I only get drunk maybe twice a month. But yes, I'm a firm believer that if a job makes you miserable it could potentially result in a person turning to alcohol and/or drugs to cope. Its a completely normal, human response to deal with stressful and unpleasant situations with the help of mind-altering substances.

Last edited:
^ yes , I quit 2 days ago. I just couldn't do it. It was making me too unhappy .
So I tried my Benzos for one week, opiates for the next week... well... I tried keeping a log of my use but I lost track. Also KINDLING plays a huge factor for me. I have to be very careful. After the Benzos I ended up switching to norco and then I ended up getting black tar on my day off.. I swear I wasn't using opiates for that long. Christ sakes it must have been a week. When I stopped I noticed opiate withdrawal right away. Last time I did opiates for a week and a half I was fine after a week of suboxone. But since I get dependent on drugs really fast now .... well... I did a little suboxone , a mg for 6 days maybe 7. For me I MUST taper after 4 days.
And I f ing didn't.
Anyway . I'm pretty sure I'm detoxing from the sub now which makes me want to cry because I know it's 30 days. It's gotta be the sub. I know Benzos withdrawal it's not that.
It's very mild what I'm experiencing . It's so weird.
Surely stopping the Benzos is some cause for the depression I'm experiencing. I feel so unmotivated and stressed because I gotta get another job too.
I'm trying to stay sober now . I'm so depressed and drained... ug will my life ever be better then this....

Yup it will. It’ll just be a struggle. I’m trying hard to stay clean myself bud.

I keep telling myself this experience is only temporary.... I'll feel better eventually... but the struggle is never ending I fear

It's not sustainable at all. As time goes on, tolerance and dependence will build resulting in increasing dosage and/or decreased effect. You'll still be going into WDs every week, alternating benzo and opioid WD, just masking the WDs with whatever drug it is that week. Also, it's a very dangerous thing to be doing with benzos.

There is no avoiding what drugs do to your body on a physiological level. The high comes from stimulation of specific neurotransmitters, the low comes from the resulting depletion on top of whatever other side effects naturally accompany the drug.

When was the last time you've had a period of sobriety for longer than 30 days? I told myself the same thing and was completely convinced that I wasn't good enough without drugs. The truth is the drugs were causing a lot of the problems I thought I needed them to solve. I think you might be pleasantly surprised by your abilities once you make it through all the withdrawals.

What is it that benzos, alcohol, opioids, and whatever other drugs give you, that you do not already posses sober?

Do you think that your work is demanding too much, or that you lack the traits needed for success?

5 out of 7 non consecutive days on Benzos. Then a 7 day break , then a repeat on Benzos, 5 out of a 7 day week. So what if I do opiates during the time I'm of Benzos . It's still not long enough to become dependent on either.. well if we take kindling into account then it is.
With that aside . Now that I've stopped. My brain is that much worse. My gaba and opiate receptors are not happy. My body is detoxing the poison out. Honestly idk if I'm withdrawling or not. Maybe very very mildly, my appetite is not very existent but I'm sleeping and my stomach is fine no body aches either.
Just depressed and hardly leave my bed. Whatever though.
But ill tell you @mafioso , before my buddy brought the norco over , I did realize that maybe I didn't need drugs as much as I thought. It was a pleasant surprise. I would end up eating the mg of Kpin in my pocket just cus it was in my pocket but I didn't need it and that realization was cool.
Holding off until I have an anxiety meltdown is a good idea. Because I may not need it at all and I claim my power back .
I don't think it's fair I got dependent in a week on such a low dose of opiate but whatever. That's kindling for you.
I quit my job. It wasn't for me I hated it. The people sucked too.
it's been awhile since I went sober. That's the plan though. I'm also doing some spiritual healing which is helping and taking this awesome nootropic blend and various b vitamins which help a lot too.

I'd encourage you to even go without it in the moments that you absolutely think you can't. Unless it is a literal matter of death- and 99% of the time it isn't... anxiety won't kill you even if you pass out. In the moment you might feel like you are going to die or go insane, but as the feeling passes- and it will pass, you will realize you are much stronger than you anticipated. Emotions will pass, they always do.. no feeling is permanent.

At some point along the way, as dependence builds, you sort of do "need" the drug to function, but all that can change within weeks and months. I know I spent tons of time doing all that I could to avoid going into withdrawals that were over(for the most part) in a matter of weeks. Things like depression will probably linger, but I believe those types of things to be manageable while sober for the majority. Psychiatric drugs are increasingly popular though, although most professionals recognize that they are overprescribed and misused on an increasing basis as well, so be aware if that is your route.

Just recently I had another seizure after going on a binge for a few weeks. It sounds like you are going through WDs from what you report. I can't be certain, but it sure sounds like it. Give it a few weeks and you should start to normalize. I always get very emotional when detoxing from benzos and opioids. Rapid mood swings, overly sensitive, so on.

I'd encourage you to even go without it in the moments that you absolutely think you can't. Unless it is a literal matter of death- and 99% of the time it isn't... anxiety won't kill you even if you pass out. In the moment you might feel like you are going to die or go insane, but as the feeling passes- and it will pass, you will realize you are much stronger than you anticipated. Emotions will pass, they always do.. no feeling is permanent.

At some point along the way, as dependence builds, you sort of do "need" the drug to function, but all that can change within weeks and months. I know I spent tons of time doing all that I could to avoid going into withdrawals that were over(for the most part) in a matter of weeks. Things like depression will probably linger, but I believe those types of things to be manageable while sober for the majority. Psychiatric drugs are increasingly popular though, although most professionals recognize that they are overprescribed and misused on an increasing basis as well, so be aware if that is your route.

Just recently I had another seizure after going on a binge for a few weeks. It sounds like you are going through WDs from what you report. I can't be certain, but it sure sounds like it. Give it a few weeks and you should start to normalize. I always get very emotional when detoxing from benzos and opioids. Rapid mood swings, overly sensitive, so on.
Hello Mafioso, it's been a long time . I remember I did write out a long message to you and it accidently got deleted .
Anyway it's long overdue man I just wanted to say thank you . Something you said in this message really helped me. I never forgot and I did end up quitting everything not long after this. I'm sober from everything.
" You said anxiety won't kill you " and you encouraged me not to give in.

I told myself this over and over .
"Anxiety won't kill you"
It really helped . It's way late but I wanted to say thank you .