• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

First time doing this....also first time asking for help

Krcc415

Greenlighter
Hi! Long time lurker, first post, first time joining anything like this, first time on suboxone, and first time really wanting to get and stay clean. I'm from northeast PA and was, ironically enough, a drug and alcohol counselor (Masters degree, licence, all that good stuff) for over 20 years. Used opiates the whole time. Graduated to heroin after my divorce. Now I'm on suboxone for past month, in counseling for myself, and trying to get my life together. It's overwhelming. I never asked for help, not once, and now I realize I need support and cant do this alone. Anyway, thanks for listening and any support is appreciated.

Hey, welcome Krcc! Welcome to Bluelight! =)
Check out what Bluelight might have to offer for you. Maybe start of at Sober-Living. You are not alone man, there are tongs of both men and women here on Bluelight that share the same goals and interest in wanting to be a better person all around in general.
I suggest starting a thread/journal over there, and share with us on how you are doing each day.

Thank you so much! I know I need to work on reaching out to others and actually developing supportive relationships. I will definitely check out what you recommended. Thanks for replaying, something so little actually means a lot sometimes.