• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Advise please... Dope problems...

ThatAmazinChick

Greenlighter
So ive been an addicted for a long ass time now n the one that some would call "my choose of poison" is meth. Ive been trying to kick the habit cause me and my better half really fucking messed up recently and got into some trouble and my other half is sadly looking at ten for sure, possibly twenty years in prison and im looking at some time too, and i hate it anymore. Like i just makes me sick as fuck, and all honesty guilty too, but when i come down n off of it, i have like no actual close friends and right now struggling to get a job, and so i spend a lot of time completely alone now and it makes it impossible it seems for me to stay sober completely and now i feel like its kinda messing up my mind and caused few fights between me and my s.o. n i dont wanna lose them completely, you know like the only person that has never ever judged me and was alwayssss there and made me a better person expect with the whole kicking the habit shit.... i cant afford treatment nor could i do inpatient rehabilitation which for meth most around here require for meth n plus i have a few pets that need me to come home everynight ya kno? I just really need some advice and i wanna sleep and cant cause of the shit but i cant crash in the morning cause thats when my s.o. is going to start calling me n gets upset or suspicious of what i am doing cause they asked me to not fuck with it at all anymore, ya kno cause it kinda really fucked almost everything up in our lives. And i swore i wouldnt.... i feel like i am a horrible person anymore and thats a big part in our fights too.... can anyone give me some advice on how to help make this slightly easier with the guilt or kicking the habit? Or just any advice on this at all would be significantly appreciated.... thank you.

You don't have a motivation, you are weak as a character, especially under pressure or nerves. These advices.. I mean is really nobody these days know themself a bit with the good and bad things. On the other shit, back - you could try to stay awake few nights and see how you go, but tho eat a bit healthy also drink tea, I recommand, don't take pills or listen to psychologics/doctor bullshits if the case, got a family so I pressume you know how to act, though you don't know how to behave and your problems goes really fucked when you see yourself in it - personality. This was an advice, the advice 2th bout' addiction as I said listed above and only pill if you need it's just a B12 or simply a vitamina C, not any other fuckin anti-depressants or needles( In hospital, you get an atribution that 3 to 4 months do a shot, avoid this place. Stay home, you got a son do something fun or bad with him, idfk, run climb, train yourself. Sentiments or words in life don't help, buddy.
What kind of shit advise is that? This person is going through a hard time and that bullshit is what you say? Wow op don't listen to that! All I can say is you have to do what is best for you first and foremost!! Meth sucks coming off of but after 3 weeks you will feel normal again.. Could be ALOT worse could be methadone or benzos! I was in Jail when I kicked meth witch made it easier.. you just have to remember that the damage to your brain is not permanent and things will go back to normal.. taper down slowly if you have to but that's extremely hard to do you gotta have lots of will power and you have to want it! Otherwise just cold turkey the shit and remember that you WILL feel better

Last edited:
What kind of shit advise is that? This person is going through a hard time and that bullshit is what you say? Wow op don't listen to that! All I can say is you have to do what is best for you first and foremost!! Meth sucks coming off of but after 3 weeks you will feel normal again.. Could be ALOT worse could be methadone or benzos! I was in Jail when I kicked meth witch made it easier.. you just have to remember that the damage to your brain is not permanent and things will go back to normal.. taper down slowly if you have to but that's extremely hard to do you gotta have lots of will power and you have to want it! Otherwise just cold turkey the shit and remember that you WILL feel better

Okay i think my best bet is to going to be cold turkey at this point.... n maybe change cellphone numbers i aint the strongest person when my 'Friends' are always calling to try to come over n blah ifyou know what i mean... and thank you for making sense n kind n stuff. I dont have a lot of legitimately 'nice' people in my life at all, my better half but hes locked up for fuck... we dont even know yet it could be ten to twenty effing years in fed... eff i hate effing dope anymore nothing fun bout it in such a long time anymore, another reason i kinda beat myself up bout wasting time using it...

traybuck... Truly great advice, I couldn't have said it better. You are a very kind and helpful person and that is just the kind of advice she needs, hell we all need that kind of support.

Made me really happy to read your kind reply. Just wanted to tell you that. Not a lot of people I admire. You're one of them

Your friend, Ashley.

Thatamazinchick,

If you want to quit we will all be here to support you. I know it must be hard when there aren't a lot of people in your corner right now, but traybuck is so right, the sting of the withdrawal won't last long. Come back and post to us if you need help or support okay? You CAN do this!!

Here for you,
Ash.

traybuck... Truly great advice, I couldn't have said it better. You are a very kind and helpful person and that is just the kind of advice she needs, hell we all need that kind of support.

Made me really happy to read your kind reply. Just wanted to tell you that. Not a lot of people I admire. You're one of them

Your friend, Ashley.

Thatamazinchick,

If you want to quit we will all be here to support you. I know it must be hard when there aren't a lot of people in your corner right now, but traybuck is so right, the sting of the withdrawal won't last long. Come back and post to us if you need help or support okay? You CAN do this!!

Here for you,
Ash.

Thank you Ashley I appreciate the wonderful post :) I speak from the heart as I would want someone to do for me... Like everyone I've had my fair share of hard times and know how a stupid comment can hurt when someone is in a shitty spot in life that's all :) ... And im Always around for all my fellow blue light friends! Your friend TrayBuck :)

ThatAmazinChick, I hate to say it, but if all else has failed getting clean might be your best bet. As a current opiate addict, maybe that makes me a hypocrite to say so, but try to think of it this way "At least I'm not addicted to heroin". At the very worst coming down from meth, I hear its mostly just mental/psychological withdrawal. Like extreme drug cravings, severe depression, complete lack of energy, etc. Yeah, you'll be really bummed out. You might even hate yourself more at first, but unlike opiate withdrawal (which goes far beyond just mental anguish and insatiable cravings) at least you don't have to worry about uncontrollable diarrhea, restless leg syndrome, insomnia, full-body pain, etc. I'm not trying to trivialize your problems, but I thought it might give some peace of mind knowing how much more difficult it could be to quit, had you been addicted to something that is not only mentally but physically complicated to put to an end. Traybuck, despite your harshness, as a frank person I get the tough-love advice your giving.