• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Strange and awesome things V.Mindblower

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
(mods, I hope this topic isn't stupid :p :))

A very broad topic, but I thought it could include anything from creepy artworks, strange stories, awesome occurrences, different and unusual forms of expression, and so on. Its a pretty general topic, but you could post a strange UFO sighting you've had, or a trick photo, or some bizarre performance art, or a weird instrument or surreal video or whatever. It just needs to be different. :)

There's is a great doco on Netflix on Cai GuoQiang, a Chinese artist who creates works of art using a variety of methods, from exploding gunwpower onto canvas, massive fireworks displays, synchronised explosion events and really fucking odd sculptures. I particlualrly love the fireworks and gunpower stuff, the idea of exploding something to form a very brief, transient creation the just dissipates without a trace is a beautiful idea, and the exploding of gunpowder onto canvas to create patterns is a method of capturing that transience. The animals scultpures are something else entirely, I do not love them but the Ninth Wave is incredible.

But this stuff is beautiful. <3