Bluelight

Thread: Strange and awesome things V.Mindblower

1. Collapse Details
    Strange and awesome things V.Mindblower 
    Senior Moderator
    Current Events and Politics
    Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    Ninja
    (mods, I hope this topic isn't stupid )

A very broad topic, but I thought it could include anything from creepy artworks, strange stories, awesome occurrences, different and unusual forms of expression, and so on. Its a pretty general topic, but you could post a strange UFO sighting you've had, or a trick photo, or some bizarre performance art, or a weird instrument or surreal video or whatever. It just needs to be different.

There's is a great doco on Netflix on Cai GuoQiang, a Chinese artist who creates works of art using a variety of methods, from exploding gunwpower onto canvas, massive fireworks displays, synchronised explosion events and really fucking odd sculptures. I particlualrly love the fireworks and gunpower stuff, the idea of exploding something to form a very brief, transient creation the just dissipates without a trace is a beautiful idea, and the exploding of gunpowder onto canvas to create patterns is a method of capturing that transience. The animals scultpures are something else entirely, I do not love them but the Ninth Wave is incredible.

But this stuff is beautiful.

2. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Here is a site that has a 360 panorama from the peak of Mount Everest. Note the deep, dark blue of the sky, it's because it's basically at cruising altitude and the atmosphere is thin:

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen2/full22.html

Also, images from Jupiter's Juno probe.