• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Minimum Threshold For Acute Lithium Discontinuation For LSD?

Sedefresco

Greenlighter
I've been waiting to dose LSD for over a year now, but only ever had an opportunity once. I had to turn it down, since I take Lithium 900mg a day, and had to drop that day or no day.

Another opportunity just came up, yet I'm still on Lithium 900mg. However, I can dry myself out cold-turkey five day before. This is, as I've heard from many sources, as well as my psychiatrist, when the drug will virtually be cleaned from your system, especially if you're not a chronic user.
I will also be dosing only around half a tab, consuming that over the course of probably three-to-four+ hours to gauge any effects as they come (better safe than really, really sorry, from what I've heard).

Based on your guys' experience and/or what you know of the combination, is this a good-enough measure to ensure I don't fugue-out and seizure on the ground, like so many people seem to suggest? I'd be blessed to hear someone who's experienced almost the exact scenario as me, but every anecdote I hear is someone hitting over 200ug the same day they dosed their lithium, and that's just not a fair assessment. There is no scientific reasoning to believe that the interaction is not dose-dependent on both ends.

Note: I see a lot of 'crazies shouldn't be tripping!' and 'don't discontinue your meds or you'll go bananas!' from people. I can discontinue Lithium for 5-6 days and be fine. I'm not schizophrenic, and I do not suffer from dangerous waves of mania, nor do I fall on rifles the instant I'm unmedicated. I'm looking for answers pertaining solely to the notorious physically-harmful interaction of the two drugs, not that the reason I'm on the meds will cause me to have a terrible trip. Thank you.

Read as much as you can. From everything I've heard (quite a lot), Lithium and LSD taken together are dangerous.

peace

Careful with the Lithium. It greatly potentiates an LSD trip to the point where your brain can suffer from seizures, or the trip gets so intense that some people have died due to the lithium and LSD combination. Not sure how, lithium just interferes with the LSD in such a way that...well, you can break your brain this way, a couple people have died from the combination, etc. Sure, it will make you trip insanely hard, but it can be very lethal and is not a good idea.

I took lithium for a while, but then some friends got a hold of LSD. I was taking 300mg/day. I stopped taking it for 12 days before I tripped, and I was fine. I would wait to take LSD until about 7-10 half-lives have passed on your lithium...which is usually about 10-14 days. For 900mg, you might want to wait longer. Wait until you have about 17mg of lithium in your system or less.