• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I try LSD if I experience anxiety on weed?

den4

Greenlighter
I am quite an anxious person, suffer from OCD. Had a massive panic attack from weed like a year ago (thought I was gonna die from a heart attack and it left me with dodgy feeling heart for months, I couldn't even smoke cigs), and only recently I started feeling like old myself. Started smoking weed again, I smoke very little now and still sometimes get рsychosomatic symptoms (fast heart rate, tight chest, numb jaw and other stuff), but I kinda learnt how to ignore them, so smoking is actually enjoyable most of the time. As for other drugs, downers make me feel fine, I feel ok on stims till I start to come down..

So I was wondering how psychedelics gonna affect me.. My main concern would be the heart? Does LSD have any effect on cardiovascular system? Just to say, I have been checked by the doc multiple times (ECG, echo, stress test), so they say I am healthy (although I don't always feel like I am). And do you think it is a good idea to try LSD if sometimes it is an issue for me to handle weed?

Moving to Psychedelic Drugs as this is not a trip report.

I'll reply tonight or tomorrow as I have to get going but I definitely have thoughts on the matter.

TR -> PD

Last edited:
Good Morning.

I literally copy what I wrote in another post a few weeks ago. I hope it helps you.

"A while ago I abused marijuana, and I had strong psychotic episodes along with an unbearable OCD. It was difficult for me to leave the marijuana, but finally I was able to do it. Even so, these episodes accompanied me for a few months afterwards, and they caused me a lot of anxiety and depression.
During this time I took Mushrooms and 4-ho-Met without any problem. I can even say that they helped me to analyze from a better perspective these mental problems induced by the excessive consumption of marijuana.

After taking psychedelics (tryptamines) I had an overwhelming return of all these negative thoughts, but instead of panicking as I used to do in marijuana, I simply "opened" them and contemplated them. As a kind of meditation. They helped me a lot to overcome those traumas.
Today I enjoy cannabinoids and I am fully recovered.

Beware, I'm not recommending you take other psychedelics, I just drop my two cents and my personal experience.

And another important thing ... there is a false belief that cannabinoids are minor psychedelics, and it is not true. No need to mention the synthetics ... since the forum is full of heartbreaking travel reports. THC is also a potent cannabinoid, and honestly ... in my 12 years of diverse drug use ... few things have come close to the psychotic intensity of marijuana."

DocLad

Thanks for your inрut, DocLad! I think I am gonna try it.. But yet again, the same question, how does LSD affect heart rate? I was never bothered with my heart until I smoked too much weed, since then I always рay my attention to its rate and everything.. Does LSD have a noticeable effect on heart?

Thanks for your inрut, DocLad! I think I am gonna try it.. But yet again, the same question, how does LSD affect heart rate? I was never bothered with my heart until I smoked too much weed, since then I always рay my attention to its rate and everything.. Does LSD have a noticeable effect on heart?

I believe that the heart rate can be affected if you pay too much attention, since it is closely related to stress and anxiety. What I want to say is that LSD will trigger your heart rate because it is a powerful stimulant, but it does not have to be worrisome. On the contrary, if you measure your heart rate and when you see it grown you get scared, it is more likely that you will panic. This is a fish that bites its tail.
Personally, I would not measure my pulsations and let myself be carried away by the experience.

The answer is yes. LSD will speed up your heart rate.

Let's see if Xorkoth gives you some interesting advice on the matter. :)

DocLad

Last edited:
I am quite an anxious person, suffer from OCD. Had a massive panic attack from weed like a year ago (thought I was gonna die from a heart attack and it left me with dodgy feeling heart for months, I couldn't even smoke cigs), and only recently I started feeling like old myself. Started smoking weed again, I smoke very little now and still sometimes get рsychosomatic symptoms (fast heart rate, tight chest, numb jaw and other stuff), but I kinda learnt how to ignore them, so smoking is actually enjoyable most of the time. As for other drugs, downers make me feel fine, I feel ok on stims till I start to come down..

So I was wondering how psychedelics gonna affect me.. My main concern would be the heart? Does LSD have any effect on cardiovascular system? Just to say, I have been checked by the doc multiple times (ECG, echo, stress test), so they say I am healthy (although I don't always feel like I am). And do you think it is a good idea to try LSD if sometimes it is an issue for me to handle weed?
I've had only one experience with a pot brownie that some one later told me had lsd in it, I tripped balls like full blown open eye visuals for 8 hrs so I'm pretty sure it was acid. Weed gives me panic attacks and fucks with my heart rate pretty much without cause almost like a couple energy drinks do, I've even gone to the hospital after a differnt edible experience because I thought I was gonna have a heart attack or something. But this experience with whatever it was felt more like someone leading me through a maze in my mind instead of just my mind overwhelmed and getting freaked out at everything. I don't know it was lsd for sure but the people who baked them were known to sell and use lsd and the fact that I only took a 20 mg dose and was experienced with 300 mg plus dose of edibles but still had actual hallucinations for about 8 hrs makes makes me feel confident it was some type of pshychadelic. Sorry if this is long or boring, overall my opinion is if I know it's legit lsd and I trust the source about the dosage then I would feel alot better about taking it then a large amount of weed because weed seems to bring stronger anxiety for me than other stuff. I'm not very experienced with it but thought I should reply because I've felt what you wrote about , if I smoke too much weed it brings me to a very dark place but I'm not nervous about good quality and properly dosed psychedelics

LSD does have somewhat of a stimulant push to it so from my experience it raises your heart rate a bit. Also it depends how your trip turns out. You could have a really bad trip and induce a paranoid/anxiety ridden state which will send you into a complete panic and shoot your heart through the roof! On the other hand you can have an AMAZING trip and everything will be ok and relaxing.

Can you die/have a heart attack or stroke because of LSD?

Of all psychedelics, lsd it's the make most anxiety, pushy/compulsive self analyting and edgy especially on the come up for me

lsd and lysergamides in general are the least toxic feeling to me, but they do make me suffer somewhat as the effects begin, either nausea or tension, or twitchiness in the first 1-2 hours, but not paranoia, or obsessive patterns. but if I add marijuana, the combination can be very intense and strange. Usually enjoyable, but sometimes I may writhe for an hour or so until the weed begins to let go.

I think you can, but you should certainly be careful. I'd recommend taking a low dose in a place you feel very comfortable, with people you trust and are also very comfortable around. Probably wise to keep some benzos on hand to in case of a bad trip and potential panic attack.

No, there has never been a documented case of human death via LSD, except one case of a tremendous overdose (300mg injected into the veins, the person apparently thought it was speed... that's 3,000 doses). It's one of the safest drugs, physically.

Thanks, not long till I try it now. Hoрe it goes well. Anything I should consider before taking it? Any рreрarations or advice?

I think it's possible, just to early when it come to your bad cannabis experience. Ive experienced a bad trip on weed in the past too, worst bad trip of my life all drug included, and was not myself for 6+ months.

This made myself very reluctant to try LSD too except it was many years after : I tried anyway and didn't experience anything bad. LSD feeling is very different from weed imo. For myself weed is more anxiogenic than LSD, if you go on panic mode on weed it can feel like the end of the world, but in my experience, LSD is easier (I know many can differ but idk I find weed too mind fucking compared to many drugs even harder ones). It somewhat depend to the person but generally as I said LSD is a very different feeling, you will not necessarely experience anxiety on it if you experienced anxiety on weed. The fact you are naturally anxious/OCD make it probably more non-indicated than the fact you experienced massive anxiety on weed, you should perhaps more be cautious about that.

LSD has no know side effects of any kind and is impossible to overdose on. It will not effect your heart. If you think it is then its in your head. LSD is one of the most awasome drugs in my opinion. But should be used caution. You should research lsd effects, say erowid.com trip reports so you know what to expect. Also when tripping on anything its inportant your in a good mind frame. Do not take it when you stressed or deppressed or unsure if you should do it. Take it when your in a good postive head space and enjoy the effects, take it at home, possibly with some good friends, it distors reality so if you took it and watch saw 5 your probely gonna be bugging out, but if you took it and watch telle tubbys or play spongbob the video game it probely wont. As for your freak out on weed, it happens to everyone when you smoke the wrong strain or to much youl feeling like yojr dying although your not. You gotta be carful with werd expesaly now because its gotten so much stronger. So two things either the weed made you paranoid, which is an effect weed can have have or, your brain has a low tolerance for physocactive drugs. If your brain has a low tolerance for physcoative drugs then thats a sign you should trip on acid or any other physcoactive substances, ....ok im losing my train of thought trying to explain this, pariond on weed is common to most ppl sometimes, from you say it sound a little extreme. How do you respond to say robo tripping if you have? Try that first as a test run, get some grape delsem, delysel, couph syprus that has only gausifun and dxm in it, take like 4 or 5 doses, or again go to erowid.com or another site or this site and look up how much dxm to trip. I would say totally try acid. But make sure your brain can handle the physocative stuff. Not everyone can, ive seen ppl bug out on special k, before, while the person next to them who took the same ammount was just chilling. if you can take downers and stims, i asume you mean benzos and adderal? Those arnt physocative so it would indicate weather or not you can safly trip. You can take benzos before the acid. But only take acid in a good mind frame. 1 tab at first and see, im trying to give you some good advivd kid i hope it helps, if you have more questions feel free to ask

I think it's possible, just to early when it come to your bad cannabis experience. Ive experienced a bad trip on weed in the past too, worst bad trip of my life all drug included, and was not myself for 6+ months.

This made myself very reluctant to try LSD too except it was many years after : I tried anyway and didn't experience anything bad. LSD feeling is very different from weed imo. For myself weed is more anxiogenic than LSD, if you go on panic mode on weed it can feel like the end of the world, but in my experience, LSD is easier (I know many can differ but idk I find weed too mind fucking compared to many drugs even harder ones). It somewhat depend to the person but generally as I said LSD is a very different feeling, you will not necessarely experience anxiety on it if you experienced anxiety on weed. The fact you are naturally anxious/OCD make it probably more non-indicated than the fact you experienced massive anxiety on weed, you should perhaps more be cautious about that.

Herr, im new to the site so idk how excatly to relpy to post or start threads, the person who replyed to my post had quoted what i

LSD has no know side effects of any kind and is impossible to overdose on. It will not effect your heart. If you think it is then its in your head. LSD is one of the most awasome drugs in my opinion. But should be used caution. You should research lsd effects, say erowid.com trip reports so you know what to expect. Also when tripping on anything its inportant your in a good mind frame. Do not take it when you stressed or deppressed or unsure if you should do it. Take it when your in a good postive head space and enjoy the effects, take it at home, possibly with some good friends, it distors reality so if you took it and watch saw 5 your probely gonna be bugging out, but if you took it and watch telle tubbys or play spongbob the video game it probely wont. As for your freak out on weed, it happens to everyone when you smoke the wrong strain or to much youl feeling like yojr dying although your not. You gotta be carful with werd expesaly now because its gotten so much stronger. So two things either the weed made you paranoid, which is an effect weed can have have or, your brain has a low tolerance for physocactive drugs. If your brain has a low tolerance for physcoative drugs then thats a sign you should trip on acid or any other physcoactive substances, ....ok im losing my train of thought trying to explain this, pariond on weed is common to most ppl sometimes, from you say it sound a little extreme. How do you respond to say robo tripping if you have? Try that first as a test run, get some grape delsem, delysel, couph syprus that has only gausifun and dxm in it, take like 4 or 5 doses, or again go to erowid.com or another site or this site and look up how much dxm to trip. I would say totally try acid. But make sure your brain can handle the physocative stuff. Not everyone can, ive seen ppl bug out on special k, before, while the person next to them who took the same ammount was just chilling. if you can take downers and stims, i asume you mean benzos and adderal? Those arnt physocative so it would indicate weather or not you can safly trip. You can take benzos before the acid. But only take acid in a good mind frame. 1 tab at first and see, im trying to give you some good advivd kid i hope it helps, if you have more questions feel free to ask

Just wanted the slow the horses there a bit. LSD indeed has side effects. They are not going to cause any toxicity in normal doses in healthy people. But Vasoconstriction, increased heart rate, anxiety, and trouble sleeping would indeed be side effects.

If you are worried, maybe wait till you are not worried. Start with a low dose. In my experience, and I get anxiety from weed and psychedelics; marijuana produces some of the worse acute anxiety of any drug. LSD and others generally are worse during the come up phase and when trying to go to sleep.

Have a benzo with you and if it gets hairy, take it and you will really reduce the effects of the trip and be okay.