• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Mixing Alcohol and Edibles

WithoutWarning99

Greenlighter
Going to a concert soon and obviously looking to get messed up beforehand, but also don't really want to take the risk of sneaking in drugs, so I bought some weed cookies from my friend and some four locos to kill before entering. I'm a very experienced weed smoker, smoke a good amount just about every single day, but not too used to edibles, only had them once or twice before. Also been crossfaded many times, and am quite used to the feeling, even in pretty large quantities of both substances. I was basically wondering if mixing edibles with alcohol is a bad idea (esp with lack of experience with edibles), or if it would be ok because I'm quite experienced with both smoking weed and crossfading. Thanks!

Sorry for being off-topic but...

Anybody else not really experience a "cross fade" anymore? I do remember it being a novel feeling when both the weed and alcohol played off each other evenly, but now I tend to feel one dominating the other. I have to smoke weed when I'm drinking otherwise I get depressed and sleepy, but all it does is add a warmth and comfort the the alcohol.

Sorry for being off-topic but...

Anybody else not really experience a "cross fade" anymore? I do remember it being a novel feeling when both the weed and alcohol played off each other evenly, but now I tend to feel one dominating the other. I have to smoke weed when I'm drinking otherwise I get depressed and sleepy, but all it does is add a warmth and comfort the the alcohol.

Yes lol. Not in a good way though, I tend to get sick from mixing them in high amounts, which is why I prefer one or the other. The pot can be a great feeling...... and the alcohol is just something I drink everyday. However, for some reason, if I'm getting stoned, I prefer to just be stoned as the "cross fade" experience still happens for me (unfortunately including the get the spins and possibly get sick part) even after having used cannabis and drank alcohol for years.

Yes lol. Not in a good way though, I tend to get sick from mixing them in high amounts, which is why I prefer one or the other. The pot can be a great feeling...... and the alcohol is just something I drink everyday. However, for some reason, if I'm getting stoned, I prefer to just be stoned as the "cross fade" experience still happens for me (unfortunately including the get the spins and possibly get sick part) even after having used cannabis and drank alcohol for years.
This is how one of my friends is lol He drinks daily, but if he takes one hit off a joint he'll be spinning.

I think part of the reason I don't get this is my brain associates weed with always feeling better so I tend to use it for everything from pain to nausea.