• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants no more epilepsy since starting meth habit???

dopedamsel

Greenlighter
so i have this really weird thing that has happened... i started doing meth a year ago and my seizures completely quit. i have had epilepsy since i was 8. i had sleep paralysis for a couple months, but when im up i dont have it obviously... but that hasnt happened in a few weeks now. which is great! i honestly cant complain about it except for hiding it from my kids and being "sneaky" i smoke weed everyday too. i take CBD oil and i have a VNS in my chest. i havent' taken my epilepsy meds in a year either. I have also ruptured a disk in my back about 3 years ago, but when im on meth it quits hurting. some days the sciatica will hurt so bad that i cant even stand up. then i do some dope and im fine. my only problem is when i get tired and just fall asleep out of nowhere. i can now even eat while on meth. i love it/hate it... can anyone make sense of this? My dude doesnt' understand... he has adult adhd and he does meth with me and it calms his ass down quick. but when he starts sobering up,,, here comes adhd josh going 10000mph...and im down, really down... zzzzz

Never heard of the epilepsy thing before, but Meth as a pain med is pretty well known, at least in my circle.
Just keep your doses reasonable, eat and sleep and if it's working don't fix it.
I just read a little on the "VNS" and that sounds somewhat dicey, but you're stick kicking, so...

Yeah I have had hereditary seizures all since i was 8, I'm 34 now... but I havent had any at all. I dont ever have a feeling or warning. All I know is when I pick up that chalet, I dont hurt or seize it out. Weird asf. I dont want to be a meth addict but this is what works for me. For now, ugh.

So you're saying that as soon as you started doing meth your seizures stopped? What happens if you don't do it for a couple of days?

I'll have sleep paralysis but no seizures and my sciatic nerve starts killing me

How long have you been smoking weed and taking the CBD oil? Both of those can control seizures. Typically meth excites the CNS, which can cause seizures (especially with people who have a history of epilepsy, i myself have it too). So maybe you haven't had seizure because of the weed/cbd oil?

How long have you been smoking weed and taking the CBD oil? Both of those can control seizures. Typically meth excites the CNS, which can cause seizures (especially with people who have a history of epilepsy, i myself have it too). So maybe you haven't had seizure because of the weed/cbd oil?

That's what I thought as well. Seems like meth is just masking your pain.

its crazy, i know. i have been smoking weed all my life but i started taking the cbd oil and meth at around the same time... i dont know how i have managed to go a year without a seizure but no drugs seem to affect my epilepsy. i have no warning im going to seiz it out either.

Yeah I can almost guarantee you it's the cbd oil, it's used as treatment for seizures.

It was the high efficacy of CBD with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) & Dravet syndrome( both nasty seizure disorders that don't respond to conventional treatments) that helped win over the legislators of many states to allow CBD use.

cbd oil has most def helped me out. its amazing i love it
and yes the meth probably just masks my pain. the drs wont do anything for me but give me a shot in my sciatic nerve. that lasts 2 days then the pain just comes right back