• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

7 days off of oxy and xan only 4 hours total sleep..would benadryl help with sleep?

westbank23

Bluelighter
I dont know how much longer I can go without sleep..i work 12-14 hours a day at a demanding job and I need Sleep..
I quit cold turkey and all the physical withdrawal are gone and I feel great,it's just sleep I cannot get.
A little restless leg also..

Have to be at work in about another hour...this is awful yall..

You can try it, but if you still are dealing with RLS better to try something like melatonin. Doxylamine is probably better than diphenhydramine too, but I'd try melatonin first.

I doubt it'll work but it's worth a try.

^ditto. Even with doxylamine, which is probably better than diphenhydramine, they'll likely feel a bit hung over the next day. Shitty situation, because to a certain degree it's just a matter of waiting out the insomnia as the body readjusts to life post opioid use.

Access to an appropriate prescription would be desirable for sure.

Melatonin is worth trying though. May not cut it, but low enough cost/benefit ratio to make it worth trying.

westbank23- The insomnia issue is pretty universal for those of us coming off drugs. In my case, I went days without sleep, then I would sleep one night, then not the next. I was on long acting methadone and I think it took me longer to sleep better, but I am sleeping most nights now.

Try to avoid anything with caffeine in it (energy drinks, coffee, and chocolate come to mind) within 10 hours of when you need to sleep. Melatonin is OTC and while it's not strong, it does bring on sleepiness. Take that an hour before you want to sleep. Also, if I eat right before bedtime, that makes me sleepy - maybe it would work for you?

Can you take vacation time? Going through WD while working at a long hours stress filled job isn't a great combination. If you can't, then do your best to rest every chance you get. Do your best to eat healthy so you keep up your strength. And remember, you can get through this. It gets better; a lot better. You have changed the direction in your life to have a brighter future. Change isn't always easy, but it is worth it my friend.

"What to do when somebody is trying to start an argument with you? Simply eat a few cookies. They taste very nice and you can’t hear anything over the crunching."
Dale

Thanks yall,i will try the Melatonin but im also sure it wont work.
I am already tired but my brain doesnt want to flick on the sleep switch..

Also i couldn't take a vacation because everyone else is on there vacation and i have to wait untill they get back..i must admit i choose the wrong time to quit but im glad im over the physical withdrawl,i almost got fired at work for slacking during the first 4 days being clean..

Good news is i deleted and blocked all my connects but one of them was able to call me so he can offer me some 30mg oxys...only thing in my head was Nancy Reagen telling me to "Just say No" LOL and i did say No ..it felt good...

This is my second and last time going thru withdrawls,the first time i was able to take a vacation to the middle east which is Dry as fuc,besides some dirt weed and hash which isnt my thing..

Man this is some bullshit..i swear im never doing drugs NO MORE AFTER THIS...
Just got off from a long hard back breaking day of work and it seems like i wont be going to sleep again tonight.

My body has givin up..

Alright in 90% back to normal..
Restless leg and all the other nasty symptoms are gone..i actually feel good..

Other than having some terrible dreams,everything is all good...

2 days ago I worked a 14hour shift,went home,slept and I had a dream I was still at work AND THEN I woke up and had to go to work again..
It's all good today in off and I'm just relaxing..

Nice , glad you got some rest . How much was your habit? I'm on about 40 mg oxy a day and want to quit but I can't really take time off either and I'm a mom so really no time off . Great job staying clean and just saying NO !

I have had success combining valerian root and L-tryptophan in somewhat large doses. Kava Kava may also help as well.

Nice , glad you got some rest . How much was your habit? I'm on about 40 mg oxy a day and want to quit but I can't really take time off either and I'm a mom so really no time off . Great job staying clean and just saying NO !

Hi my habbit was between 150-220mg oxycodone(Roxys) and 1-2mg xanax A day for about 2years..

I jumped off the train coldturkey without tapering which sucked for the first 3days-1week..loperderm helped alot although i wasnt taking much,it still helped for the first week..

This is my 2nd go around (and my last hopefully)so i kind of knew what i was getting into..

After 2weeks you'll still feel like crap but youll also be grateful that you dont feel like week 1...then week 3 comes in and everything looks so bright and beautiful and youll get your energy back...

Thanks krazikat,so far so good minus the crazy dreams i have which ive never really been a dreamer..
Im trying to get my body and mind to learn how to sleep on its on so im going to stay away from everything..

Larimar i just wanted to add that i have faith in you and i beleive u can get off those 40mg a day....

I started off thinking that i could never get off of 20mg a day then my tolerence jumped to 40,60,80 AND then i started taking 30mg of roxys and next thing you know im taking 200+mg a day just to feel normal..
So i beleive although you might be scared and think itll be hard,just do it...
I think most of the discomfort comes from your stomach being wrecked,so take a little loperderm when ever you feel like your stomach is about to start acting up..

Also your 3rd week your appetite comes back and youll start eating everything in sight.lol..

If you're scared or worried then cut down to 30mg then 20mg a day...once your at 20mg a day then it will be way easier..

Honestly tapering down has never worked for me..everytime i tried to taper down,my habbit would skyrocket up..

Good luck..

Thank you westbank . I'm down to 20 mg a day , trying to be done in another week. It's kind of complicated for me because I just found out I'm a few weeks pregnant so I have to quit ASAP. I'm just scared I'll get too too sick and miscarry and I cant do any comfort meds . I just hope nothing hurt the baby the couple weeks I am on this oxy but it def gives me the best motivation to quit for good .
Take care and best of luck to you ?

Hey larimar hows it going?where u able to taperdown even more or possibly quit it all?