• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lethargy lack of energy

sustanon21

Bluelighter
I smoke when I get out of work I usually go to the gym after or take a long walk. A few hours later I go to bed, it seems harder and harder to wake up in the morning. I feel grouchy lethargic lack of motivation etc. This sucks Is it because the lack of REM sleep?

It could be, how much do you smoke in a day?

Also take your diet into consideration. If you're working out a lot you may not be eating enough nutrients to keep yourself energized

It could be, how much do you smoke in a day?

Also take your diet into consideration. If you're working out a lot you may not be eating enough nutrients to keep yourself energized

I have a very low tolerance 2-3 hits off a bowl or a joint. I eat a lot of food protein fruits veggies etc. I also feel like cannabis kind of blocks the effects of suboxone. I use to get a pleasant buzz from suboxone. After smoking cannabis last few months I barely get anything. I honestly don't know why I like it. Something to do I guess.

While I'm stoned i feel pretty good. When I'm not i feel groggy foggy lethargic.

Last edited:
I've been noticing the exact same thing. I get up at 2-3AM for work, sometimes it's easy to get up but lately I have zero energy to work and it's going to start causing problems.

I have to get a full nights rest. I went to bed at 9:30 last night got up at 5:30. I have a cpap because of sleep apnea. I'm feeling a little better today. If I smoke too close to bed the mornings are really hard. I work full time go to the gym 3-5 days a week. My workouts are extremely intense. I like too smoke before. I get an awesome mind muscle connection.

That's honestly not enough to make me think your weed use is what's specifically causing your lack of energy.

If it IS at all the weed, I think it's perhaps not the drug itself but rather the smoke. Combusted/burned material of any kind isn't good on the lung.
I would suggest attempting a switch to vaporizing or eating your weed and see how your body responds in a week or 2

I started using magnesium a few hours before bed I feel a little better seems to help me get a deeper sleep.

Any of you with fatigue issues the day after getting baked tried 5HTP or any other nootropics with any level of success to reduce the sleepiness?

I can definitely counteract it with caffeine but caffeine tolerance is LSD-like in my experience (only going based on what people describe with LSD since I've never used it). When I use an energy drink or anything with more than 40ish mg of caffeine, I need to go a week without any caffeine for the effects to come back otherwise I can take 250mg on day one, get energetic, then even like 400mg the next day does absolutely nothing for me, so obviously it's not a long term solution for weed lethargy.