Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

how can i harm reduce combining mdma while on mood stablizers

squirrel_girl

Bluelighter
hi,
i currently take lamictal and wellbutrin. i've tripped on these meds (just didnt take them the day of) and it went fine. i am going to roll soon and i think i'll just not take the wellbutrin for a few days before and the lamictal for like a day before. Will i be fine? ive read abt seratonin syndrome but neither of these medications are ssris so hopefully that is not a problem? i can't find any other information

my main question is has anyone done this and if so how did you harm reduce/ how would you?

also i dont really care about mental side effects i just want to make sure im not going to have a seizure or something. i havent rolled in awhile and so will take max .2g

thanks

*also i take these for bipolar not for a seizure problem

Cant tell you about those specific meds but I personally take tryptophan for mood swings caused by withdrawal from another med. It controls my mood swings well and on top of that it is healthy to take before and after a roll (but not during the roll).

not that anyone will see this probs but i just stopped taking my meds for a week before and rolled hard as fuck and then didnt take my meds for like a day or 2 after and im fine :)

Someone always sees ;)

Thanks for coming back to update! It's always good to know how meds interact with mdma.

-GC

also i dont really care about mental side effects

I hope you have managed to get some good information regarding potential contra - indications with your meds and I hope that you have a good time but it would be careless of us to not point out that the above IS important.

Many of us have mental health problems, whether neurotic, psychotic or both and still do drugs anyway and the last thing we are here to do is to plug the 'just say no' bullshit' but at the same time, perhaps more for the benefit of other readers if you are confident that you will be ok yourself, taking MDMA while being treated for a mood disorder is really not recommended. I am posting this as I have seen only far too much the distress that people go through whenever they are an acute phase of their illness and taking a drug that drastically alters ones mood (in both directions when the after effects are included) does greatly increase the chances of a relapse, which is especially a shame if someone has managed a long period of stability.

I know that you did not want any advice regarding this and as I said, consider it here for the benefit of others but as harm reduction is one of our (if not our central) goal (s) it would be remiss of us not to point out that taking powerful psychoactive drugs when sufferig from a severe and enduring mental illness can seriously exacerbate the original symptoms.