L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

HPV and Dating

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
I just wanted to know your guys/girls thoughts on if you were to become intimate with someone with HPV, what goes through your mind?

Personally, I'm someone who tells my "future" partner or whomever I may be pursuing that I do have it and generally they don't care or are vaccinated. Yet I still feel like I'm putting people at risk.

I'm one of the few cases where I don't respond to anything. I simply have to deal with physical removal as the immunomodulators for the virus have no benefit to me.

Also I'm a low risk strain that doesn't cause cancer, and I've also been tested (anal papsmear) and I still didn't come back positive for HPV. Just strange...

I honestly dont know what my thoughts would be because id have to google because i dont know what it isbother than vaguely hearing about hpv vaccine ads where a lady talked about getting vaccinated

Soo i looked it up and maybe im just stupid but i dont really get it you get warts and maybe cancer? Id explain to them exactly what it is and what the risks are because if they anything like me they might be clueless

Someone I was in love with years ago has to tell me he had it and he was very ashamed, it affected his life quite badly. He got it from an ex who contracted it from a one nighter while they had broken up for a while. She knew and didnt tell him.

I loved him and didnt see him as he saw himself and didnt understand the level of self loathing he had.

It didnt last between us and his hpv status seemed to consume him

I am std free so dont know what it would be like to have to tell partners but know if someone doesnt tell they are pure arsehole and wouldnt be someone worth knowing.

Theres different strains and I dont remember the ones that cause cancer but are possibly 6, 14 and 16 ?

Those strains dont usually cause the visible warts as often as other strains and the wart size, number and severity are all different. Some strains are not lifelong and the body can fight the virus off in a couple of years, some just continually throw warts all the time, some flare up once or twice and thats it. Its the non visible lesions or real subtle strains that cause cancer of the cervix, lips, shaft or rectum. Its basically squamous cell carcinoma and is malignant but doesnt often kill but can maim as needs cutting out.

I have a low-risk strain (assuming 6-11)

In majority of cases people can be positive for HPV virus, but never show a symptom their whole entire life almost like how HSV-1 is. I know I don't have the cancerous version as those strains generally don't produce warts. And my partners I've been with so far haven't contracted it either. So i'm wondering if HPV is more or less a genetic game of roulette. You might have the immunity or you might not. The problem is even wearing a condom I can't protect my partners because they are on my pubic bone and pelvic area rather than my actual unit.

It's quite strange. Doctors can hardly provide accurate information. I've challenged many doctors knowledge on it with studies that I brought in and had in depth discussions. They say I have an extremely minor case considering I have to actually point out the warts to someone or they'll just pass by them trying to scan.

Yes it does eat me sometimes, but that's life. And I know I can't maintain a state of self-loathing because of a mistake that a large amount of us make.

To add to it, I hope it ends up like my HPV-1 outbreak on my hand. I got jumped at a bus stop as a teen for 20 bucks in Indianapolis. Got my ass beat, but tried to fight back and my knuckles got cut up. Within a month or so all of those wounds had warts on them and it was about 6-8 months of freezing/burning with acid to make them go away. 5 years later I haven't seen one since. The body is strange!

Last edited:
Someone I was in love with years ago has to tell me he had it and he was very ashamed, it affected his life quite badly. He got it from an ex who contracted it from a one nighter while they had broken up for a while. She knew and didnt tell him.

I loved him and didnt see him as he saw himself and didnt understand the level of self loathing he had.

It didnt last between us and his hpv status seemed to consume him

I am std free so dont know what it would be like to have to tell partners but know if someone doesnt tell they are pure arsehole and wouldnt be someone worth knowing.

And that's the one thing I do is immediately tell future partners and they almost seem clueless to it or generally don't care?! Like I freaked out knowing that someone willingly/unwillingly exposed me just because they couldn't do the maintenance for STD screenings, but then again I'm the culprit who should use protection at all times.

Doesn't the fact that we have a vaccine for it largely mitigate the potential complications when it comes to the fear of spreading it to others? Is the vaccine simply not promulgated like it should be?

I never take care of anything, and even I got my HPV vaccine. There's nothing like eliminating a potential STD from my list of shit to worry about.

I just wanted to know your guys/girls thoughts on if you were to become intimate with someone with HPV, what goes through your mind?

Personally, I'm someone who tells my "future" partner or whomever I may be pursuing that I do have it and generally they don't care or are vaccinated. Yet I still feel like I'm putting people at risk.

I'm one of the few cases where I don't respond to anything. I simply have to deal with physical removal as the immunomodulators for the virus have no benefit to me.

Also I'm a low risk strain that doesn't cause cancer, and I've also been tested (anal papsmear) and I still didn't come back positive for HPV. Just strange...

Does it go away? I had a flat mate who contracted anal warts. He had to scrub it with a scouring pad and then apply a cream/lotion which burnt, but iirc there was conflicting information as to whether it would work or not, and it caused him a lot of pain so he couldn't/wouldn't continue continue. It really messed him up.

Does it go away? I had a flat mate who contracted anal warts. He had to scrub it with a scouring pad and then apply a cream/lotion which burnt, but iirc there was conflicting information as to whether it would work or not, and it caused him a lot of pain so he couldn't/wouldn't continue continue. It really messed him up.

Mine are extremely minor in size. I did the cryotherapy technique at the office to freeze them off. Took about a 7-10 days to heal and there was no scar or bizarre pigmentation issue, which was my biggest concern. Mine just seem to keep coming back. Next time I'm at the dr I'm going to request a biopsy of one of them vs. there technique of swapping the mucus membranes of the anal cavity. I mean it didn't even make sense how they originally tested me and seemed rather ignorant. If i'm infected near my actual genitals, why swab my anal cavity? Especially since I haven't participated in anal sex?

I would recommend that he tries to get a prescription for imiquimod. It's a cream that does wonders for some while others it's a time staking process on how long the cream will show results.

Doesn't the fact that we have a vaccine for it largely mitigate the potential complications when it comes to the fear of spreading it to others? Is the vaccine simply not promulgated like it should be?

I never take care of anything, and even I got my HPV vaccine. There's nothing like eliminating a potential STD from my list of shit to worry about.

I was under the assumption my parents got me the vaccine was a teenager when it was requested to my generation. Low and behold once I got a hold of my own medical documents in adulthood, they had missed numerous vaccines for me.

It's quite strange. Doctors can hardly provide accurate information. I've challenged many doctors knowledge on it with studies that I brought in and had in depth discussions. They say I have an extremely minor case considering I have to actually point out the warts to someone or they'll just pass by them trying to scan.

About 5 years ago I noticed I had warts in the genital region, did some online research and realized there's a couple of strains of HPV that cause this. I went to the doctor and he suggested it was likely this but there was no accurate test for men. He told me in most cases the virus clears after a couple of years. He prescribed some topical treatment which cleared up the warts after a couple of months.

It's been 5 years now and I haven't noticed anything.

Last edited:
And that's the one thing I do is immediately tell future partners and they almost seem clueless to it or generally don't care?! Like I freaked out knowing that someone willingly/unwillingly exposed me just because they couldn't do the maintenance for STD screenings, but then again I'm the culprit who should use protection at all times.

Just as a side note mate I wouldnt bother with smears as they only show up active lesions, if they are visible anyway why bother. Get serum tests for hpv digene typing and levels, who knows it could leave your body in a few years.

The vaccine: meh dont get me started. It doesnt cover all types and wont cover future types.

Also like the hep B vaccine and others, the titre needs testing every 10 years or so and booster shots could be needed.

The vaccine was only really developed to be a replacement for the pap smear registery which was a very effective anti cervical cancer screening service but too expensive to keep going as govts like to have huge payrises and travel expenses instead.

The vaccine wont cover all types of HPV but just the cancer linked types mainly.

HPV doesnt cause all cervical cancers as exposure to diethyl stilbestrol in utero(?spelling- an anti nausea drug for pregnant women), smoking and basically just being made if cells causes cancer.

The intent was not hpv wiping out, just wiping out cytology. Bye bye pap smears.

HPV is very common and its likely the person who treats you like a leper has it and doesnt know.

Thanks for the responses guys. I just let it eat at me sometimes even though it's a highly common occurrence and just a part of life. Viruses and bacteria are around us all the time.

Maybe I should try imiquimod (the cream) that they generally prescribed again. It just doesn't absorb into my skin whatsoever. It feels like I'm rubbing mayo on my genitalia and then it just dries. lol My skin doesn't like sun tan lotion either.