Bluelight

Thread: Arrest of Tommy Robinson and government enforced media blackout

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Collapse Details
    Arrest of Tommy Robinson and government enforced media blackout 
    #1
    Tommy Robinson, a journalist former and leader of the EDL, was arrested and immediately sentenced to 13 months in prison, but even more disturbing than that, is the British government issuing a "D list" on the case and journalist risk arrest for reporting on it. Tommy was reporting on the Muslim grooming gangs where girls as young as 9 were being raped.

    All you need to do is search Tommy Robinson on youtube and it's all that comes up. I listen to about 30 hours of political discourse a week while at work, and some stuff does get me pissed off, but this has truly disturbed me. Of course, anyone who disagrees with what happened to Tommy is labeled "far-right".

    Hundreds if not thousands of people protested the arrest 2 days ago.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_JTHYAAj_Q

    This is true totalitarianism.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Moderator
    Current Events & Politics

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,528
    Can't help but notice you haven't said what he was arrested for. Or any details beyond the ones you've so carefully selected. Which isn't much except he supposedly reported on "Muslim grooming gangs" and was then arrested for "reasons".

    Sounds like ALL you actually have to say is to search the name on YouTube. Not on Google, not on Wikipedia, on YouTube. And to that I say not just no but fuck no.

    I'm sick people being told to go search YouTube for brainwashy political videos. So sick of it. It's bad enough constantly having people trying to convince you to believe stupid shit, but only the YouTube types seem to think they shouldn't even have to do the convincing, and just tell you to go convince yourself with endless YouTube propaganda shit.
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    The story is happening. It's up to the individual whether they care enough to investigate it themselves. And it's a sad fact that the mainstream media often does not give the full story so you may need to listen to youtube commentators (who can be eyewitnesses for eg).

    As far as I know, Robinson was live-streaming outside of a court case involving some gangs (probably Muslim) that were raping girls or kids.
    Even though what he was doing was technically legal he was arrested for disturbing the peace. It seems he had some prior altercations and a type of probation so they went through the courts and locked him in up in one day. No jury. 13 months. The judge also put out some type of gag order for the media not to report on it.

    People are concerned that he may be murdered in prison (like the bacon sandwich guy).

    What Has Britain Become?
    (related)


    Paul Joseph Watson - The Truth About Broken Britain
    https://youtu.be/h45n1CSetiM
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Jess, there are tens if not hundreds of videos on this subject. You have to go on YouTube as THERE IS A MEDIA BLACKOUT ON THE ARREST. I am not your secretary, if you're not willing to research any subject, i don't care. Avoid my threads. As far as i know, there are no journalists on this messageboard, which means everything discussed comes from other sources, videos or whatever, where the information is discussed in far more detail with far more facts than ppl will put in a post, but ppl have to summarize the the information for your personal standards, and to that i say not just no but fuck no.
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Moderator
    Current Events & Politics

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,528
    So, the media blackout blocks Google? And Wikipedia? And in fact any details beyond what you've given? Yeah right.

    You're the one proposing the subject, it's not my job to refute an argument you can't even be fucked to make yourself. You're right, I can ignore it. I can also point it out, and then ignore it. There are hundreds of YouTube videos that argue we are being invaded by shape-shifting lizard aliens. I don't care how many videos they are, that doesn't make them evidence.

    And it sounds to me like you just suggested no other evidence beyond the same source as the lizard alien theory exists. Which I find telling.

    I did in fact research it a little before replying, and found that he was arrested originally for some mortgage scam. That you'd intentionally leave that out is reason enough for me to find your post deliberately deceptive. Not that you've actually provided much information of your own to begin with. Apparently your intention is to just point to something you consider outrageous, give no information except to tell people to search YouTube for more propaganda, and leave it at that. Well that's fine, I can't stop you doing that, but I sure can call you out on it.
    Last edited by JessFR; 28-05-2018 at 18:04.
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    20,781
    Tommy Robinson arrested for 'breaching the peace' outside court during grooming trial

    Tommy Robinson has been arrested for allegedly breaching the peace outside a court during an ongoing grooming trial.

    The far-right activist showed men entering Leeds Crown Court in a livestream on Facebook, where he claimed to be ?reporting? on the case.

    After more than an hour of broadcasting, footage showed police officers approaching to arrest him for alleged breach of the peace and incitement.

    Can you get me a solicitor?? he asked his supporters while being searched and bundled into a police van. ?This is ridiculous, I haven?t said a word?I?ve done nothing.?

    Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Lennon, had claimed that verdicts were due on Friday but court officials confirmed that the trial of nine defendants is ongoing.

    "This isn?t contempt of court?" he asked during the broadcast. ?You are allowed to do this, aren?t you??

    Contempt of court is a criminal offence that can see people jailed for speeches or publications that create a "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced".

    Robinson is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court over a gang rape case heard in Canterbury last year.

    Judge Heather Norton handed him a three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended it for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.

    ?This is not about free speech, not about the freedom of the press, nor about legitimate journalism, and not about political correctness,? the judge told Robinson at the time

    ?It is about justice and ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly, it?s about being innocent until proven guilty.

    ?It is about preserving the integrity of the jury to continue without people being intimidated or being affected by irresponsible and inaccurate ?reporting?, if that?s what it was.?

    Robinson formerly broadcast his activities on Twitter as well as Facebook, but was permanently banned from the platform earlier this year.

    He co-founded the English Defence League (EDL) in 2009 and has been arrested numerous times during demonstrations and at fights between football fans, as well as being jailed for mortgage fraud in 2014.

    After claiming to have made friends with Muslim prisoners during his time inside, he attempted to found a British branch of the German anti-Islam group Pegida in 2015.

    He later became a correspondent for Canadian right-wing website Rebel Media and his posts and emails during the period radicalised the Finsbury Park attacker Darren Osborne.

    Robinson has since started his own site and has been working closely with members of the ethno-nationalist Generation Identity movement, whose leaders have been prevented from entering the UK.
    so, some dickhead with a long history of being a racist agitator and fascist street hooligan is on parole, so he turns up to court with his video camera, stirring shit up.
    this dickhead is well known by the police and some of the public for harassing people while he and/or his goons films what happens.

    so he turns up and tries this at a courthouse, which seems silly because of his form - EDL founder Tommy Robinson spared jail for contempt of court after to think that cops would be happy for him to harass and intimidate people outside court - so they charged him with breaching the peace.


    "Can you get me a solicitor" he asked his supporters while being searched and bundled into a police van. "This is ridiculous, I haven't said a word! I've done nothing.

    Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Lennon, had claimed that verdicts were due on Friday but court officials confirmed that the trial of nine defendants is ongoing.

    "This isn't contempt of court?" he asked during the broadcast. You are allowed to do this, aren't you?

    Contempt of court is a criminal offence that can see people jailed for speeches or publications that create a "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced".

    Robinson is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court over a gang rape case heard in Canterbury last year.

    Judge Heather Norton handed him a three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended it for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.
    (from Tommy Robinson arrested for 'breaching the peace' outside court during grooming trial)

    his whole schtick is being a violent racist asshole who has forged a public persona built on little more than violence and racial vilification. anybody with that sort of history should be able to harass people who are their way in and out of court, he films himself being a provocateur.

    i think it's silly to claim that he shouldn't have been taken away.

    he's either really fucking thick, or this was a publicity stunt - he must have known this would happen. the martyr act.
    come to think of it, those two things aren't mutually exclusive

    Quote Originally Posted by e_rep
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_JTHYAAj_Q

    This is true totalitarianism.
    yeah, fascism does tend to be totalitarianism - you're right about that. but i have no interest in watching the video, thanks.

    Tommy Robinson (real name "Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon") is a nasty little bastard, and hope he makes some nice friends in prison.
    Last edited by spacejunk; 28-05-2018 at 18:06.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Islam is not a race, anyone who thinks so is a fucking moron. Tommy had an honest conversation with Imam Twahidi, but what do you give a shit, you'd rather label someone (or parrot a left wing news source really) and agree with a government locking someone with ppl who want him dead, and then restricting the press for reporting on it in text book authoritarian fashion, because of trying to report on real rape culture of children, some the age of nine. Yeah, he had it coming. Even if he was a racist, which he's not, but do you care about facts, agreeing imprisonment for a valid view point because you think he's racist, in my opinion, really says something about your ignorance on the importance on what just happened. That same noose is around your neck also.
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Moderator
    Current Events & Politics

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,528
    You gonna actually present any so called facts? Or is telling people to go YouTube it all there is?

    Oh that's right, media blackout. Worldwide media blackout that conveniently deprives you of any evidence whatsoever beyond YouTube rantings.

    Well there's no better evidence than the complete absence of any evidece am I right?
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    Captain.Heroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    Posts
    68,892
    It sounds like they're trying to prevent a race war...
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Jess, I don't know if you caught what wrote, but i listen to around 30 hours of political discourse a day at work, aside from reviewing multiple websites, and even do it on the weekends. That means 150 hours last week, 600 in the last 4 weeks, at least. I don't need to research when someone mentions a name or a story, because I usually always know it and the facts surrounding it. You're of argument of "Its on youtube it can't be true or factual" is idiotic , as every single news outlet has a youtube channel. Its like i personally have to interview everyone myself and get back to you.What part of "fuck no" and avoid my threads didn't you understand? The UK has done something absolutely dystopic, and you're making this about your personal posting standards. If bluelight is your means of staying informed, it explains alot.
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    so, some dickhead with a long history of being a racist agitator and fascist street hooligan is on parole, so he turns up to court with his video camera, stirring shit up.
    this dickhead is well known by the police and some of the public for harassing people while he and/or his goons films what happens.

    so he turns up and tries this at a courthouse, which seems silly because of his form - EDL founder Tommy Robinson spared jail for contempt of court after to think that cops would be happy for him to harass and intimidate people outside court - so they charged him with breaching the peace.



    (from Tommy Robinson arrested for 'breaching the peace' outside court during grooming trial)

    his whole schtick is being a violent racist asshole who has forged a public persona built on little more than violence and racial vilification. anybody with that sort of history should be able to harass people who are their way in and out of court, he films himself being a provocateur.

    i think it's silly to claim that he shouldn't have been taken away.

    he's either really fucking thick, or this was a publicity stunt - he must have known this would happen. the martyr act.
    come to think of it, those two things aren't mutually exclusive



    yeah, fascism does tend to be totalitarianism - you're right about that. but i have no interest in watching the video, thanks.

    Tommy Robinson (real name "Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon") is a nasty little bastard, and hope he makes some nice friends in prison.
    You're aware Islam is an ideology and not a race, right?
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    20,781
    that old chestnut? yawn.
    religious bigotry and ethnic bigotry go hand-in-hand, and it's just splitting hairs. mr robinson is a hateful piece of shit who goes around spreading his bile and assaulting people with different colour skin to him.

    he's a fascist bully-boy and this is just another publicity stunt for the thug. it's not censorship to arrest people like him who incite racial hatred and intimidate people because of their ethnicity and their beliefs. he's a repulsive, cowardly violent piece of shit, and this is a non-issue.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    toothpastedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    at home in your arms
    Posts
    16,433
    Neo-orientalists often treat populations, like those of Dar al-Islam, as if they represented an inferior race (the superior race being of certain European origins/"Caucasian"/"White").

    Islam may be a religious denomination, but that doesn't stop White Supremacists/Nationalists treating muslim people as if they represented another non-White race (eg. "sand niggers").

    Attacking spacejunk on the race thing misses the point.
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Administrator spacejunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    20,781
    Bigotry is bigotry, and idiots like robinson are not out there making theological arguments - they go around hassling people for the way they look (skin colour, ways of dressing), how they live (cultural customs etc) and where they "come from"; most of the anti-islam sentiment ties in with the typical anti-immigrant crap tommy is known for.

    Lots of racist hate groups use that "islam isn't a race" line, but it's ridiculous, because most of the the islamophobia they peddle is indistinguishable from racism - not that i think "racism" is strictly related to "race" or "racial" characteristics.

    Regardless of how racism is understood - or where "racism" differs from "xenophobia" or "religious bigotry" - i think people who use violence and harassment to intimidate and degrade people based on their cultural, religious or ethnic background are just nasty and pathetic.
    Whether or not they are strictly "racist" in their bigotry is beside the point - most muslims are born into the faith, and have about as much choice in the matter as anyone has choice in what family they are born into.
    I'm not a big fan of religion, but i accept and respect people's religious and spiritual beliefs.
    Robinson actively chooses to be a nasty thug. He wasn't born into it - he's carefully cultivated his spiteful violence, and he's exactly the sort of person that should be locked up, in my opinion.

    Tommy Robinson is not being persecuted - he violated the terms of his parole (which was a suspended custodial sentence for contempt of court, after a lifetime of violent intimidation of various communities) by turning up to the courthouse with the intention of causing a scene.
    The suggestion that this was done to silence him is ludicrous - he brought this entirely upon himself.

    As i said above, he would have to be pretty bloody stupid to not expect not to be arrested for this kind of stunt - presumably so his supporters could act like this is some injustice - which it most definitely is not.

    As for the "media blackout" claim, that's silly too. If the press are ignoring this, it probably has something to do with tommy robinson being an irrelevant street thug who is best ignored. To most people, his arrest isn't even worth a mention.
    Last edited by spacejunk; 28-05-2018 at 23:39.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    toothpastedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    at home in your arms
    Posts
    16,433
    ^cheers, well said.
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Moderator
    Current Events and Politics
    cduggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    In a chromatically corrected world
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by e_rep View Post
    Jess, I don't know if you caught what wrote, but i listen to arouond 30 hours of political discourse a day at work, aside from reviewing multiple websites, and even do it on the weekends. That means 150 hours last week, 600 in the last 4 weeks, at least. I don't need to research when someone mentions a name or a story, because I usually always know it and the facts surrounding it.
    30 hours of political discourse consumed in a day? What?

    This is why you are judged by your sources by people who are trying to figure out if what you are posting is worth more investigation.

    (And it's interesting that you have such precise knowledge of the amount of time gathering information.)

    If you spent time reading LizardPeopleWeekly, listening to Alex Jones, and watching YouTube videos by someone who has no credentials, then perhaps you would think you're an expert, and someone else would think you are wasting your life and find you a bit abrasive.

    You're of argument of "Its on youtube it can't be true or factual" is idiotic , as every single news outlet has a youtube channel.
    Actually it's a v good argument, because the complaint was that you only provided a YouTube source.

    To which a like-minded BLer posted another YouTube source and you claimed a total media blackout except YouTube.

    And this isn't an interesting discussion. You asserting that YouTube is a source and that the rest of the media (all left wing? unclear) can't report on it, and someone disagreeing with you doesn't need to go 20 rounds. We all understand your point of view. It's not that complex.

    Its like i personally have to interview everyone myself and get back to you.
    You really don't like people disagreeing with you.

    What part of "fuck no" and avoid my threads didn't you understand?
    As a mod, I don't understand why you think this level of hostility towards someone else is acceptable. It's not.

    And you really don't like people disagreeing with you.

    The UK has done something absolutely dystopic, and you're making this about your personal posting standards. If bluelight is your means of staying informed, it explains alot.
    If YouTube is your way of keeping informed, that explains a lot as well.

    Dial it down.
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    I love valid arguments, I just never see any here. A "media blackout" means media can't report on it. Like, you know "media". Youtube is a platform, not a publisher. Show me the news network, ANY news network, that does not put content on youtube. It is a simple fact that youtube and facebook (which I do not use) are the main "platforms" people use now. What is the difference between watching a network and watching the same exact presentation on youtube? My favorite source of information is daily wire. Even left wingers can't deny the intellectual honesty of that site.

    Ps; the "fuck no", was me quoting what Jess said to me. I didn't go there first.

    Pss; I do appreciate you asking me to dial it down, and I do mean that. I already wrote my next post out, it may cross a few lines again.
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    I did dial it down quite a bit, I still poked at Mr Spacejunk, he had it coming. I am emotional over this, because it is a really, really, really big deal.

    this is beautiful, it really is, in a depressing way.

    spacejunk doesn't even know that Islam is not a race, a display of utter and complete ignorance (sorry, but it is) and yeah dude, please keep going man! Well said, Speak truth to power or some shit! I imagine a 20 some year old hitting the bong in their parents house (am I wrong?), because like Dude! bigotry is like bigotry and stuff dude!

    No actually, all bigotry does not equal all bigotry. People have absolutely no choice about what race they are born into and it is disgusting to be a racist, but YES THEY DO have a choice to what religion they are. But here it comes ready; in Islamic countries, if you denounce Islam, you are an apostate and must be killed. Yeah, not so much in Christian counties, you know, where anyone, Muslim or Christian can denounce what ever religion, and it's like, ok, your call. Saying one race is better or less then another race is completely different when it comes to religion and culture. Someone was arrested in the UK for carrying a potato peeler because they banned all objects with points on them? That's because people of a particular religion keep fucking stabbing random people. Am I a bigot for stating a fact? Am I a bigot for thinking a culture where rape is common, women are truly oppressed and gays are put to death is not as good as my culture?

    This is just one of the many links, I do not read the dailycaller, but please, research on your own.

    http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/03/br...potato-peeler/

    "The arrest comes amid a nationwide rise in violent crime for the UK. More than 60 people have been murdered in stabbings in London so far in 2018"

    All races are equal and everyone from every race should be treated as equal. Not all cultures are equal.

    Let me let you in on a little secret the left wing MSM (that's Main-Stream-Media for the uninformed) doesn't want you do know;
    If you're not stopping anyone else's freedom or life, nobody gives a shit about what you do. That's right, NO ONE. But dude, like white supremacy! Yeah, in my country of 300+ million, there's like 2000 white supremacists/nationalist and everybody hates them. They are no threat to anyone, but they have the right to speak on their beliefs, by the rights given to them by God. Like for real, that is how the constitution reads. You know who are doing the best in the good ole USA? ASIANS! Koreans, Chinese, people from India, they are kicking ass, making dollars and becoming doctors and business leaders, and good for them, because good for us, because we're all Americans (love this country). But like, white supremacy and stuff dude! Like I heard it on the news and stuff.

    So Mr. Spacejunk, who I'd be willing to bet a handful of money never heard of Tommy Robison before this thread, clicked a link, and now you're an expert, you have made some chilling accusations against him; fascist, hateful peace of shit, walking around talking about other people's skin color and culture. Prove it. Please, show me the evidence of this, and that doesn't mean someone else's lies. Show me what he has said specifically said which proves your claim. Cause I can prove differently. I mentioned a conversation with Imam Twahidi. Let me guess; you have no idea what an Imam is, correct?

    Back on topic, someone smarter then everyone in this thread combined said this;

    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

    That is how important freedom of speech is, even if someone is a racial bigot or fucking asshole, we should be willing to die for their right to say anything. This is why the supreme court of the US ruled that Nazi's have a right to assemble. Some freedoms should never be infringed upon. God, do I love the United States of America.
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    Bigotry is bigotry, and idiots like robinson are not out there making theological arguments - they go around hassling people for the way they look (skin colour, ways of dressing), how they live (cultural customs etc) and where they "come from"; most of the anti-islam sentiment ties in with the typical anti-immigrant crap tommy is known for.


    As for the "media blackout" claim, that's silly too. If the press are ignoring this, it probably has something to do with tommy robinson being an irrelevant street thug who is best ignored. To most people, his arrest isn't even worth a mention.
    Actually, in this situation, Robinson is hassling people that are on trial for gang raping minors.


    And I don't think you can pass off the media blackout as being a matter of choice or no big deal. It is precisely this sort of behaviour that gives the right ammunition and the higher moral ground because it is totalitarian action.
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Senior Moderator
    Current Events and Politics
    Music Discussion
    swilow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by e_rep View Post
    spacejunk doesn't even know that Islam is not a race, a display of utter and complete ignorance (sorry, but it is) and yeah dude, please keep going man! Well said, Speak truth to power or some shit! I imagine a 20 some year old hitting the bong in their parents house (am I wrong?), because like Dude! bigotry is like bigotry and stuff dude!

    No actually, all bigotry does not equal all bigotry. People have absolutely no choice about what race they are born into and it is disgusting to be a racist, but YES THEY DO have a choice to what religion they are. But here it comes ready; in Islamic countries, if you denounce Islam, you are an apostate and must be killed. Yeah, not so much in Christian counties, you know, where anyone, Muslim or Christian can denounce what ever religion, and it's like, ok, your call. Saying one race is better or less then another race is completely different when it comes to religion and culture. Someone was arrested in the UK for carrying a potato peeler because they banned all objects with points on them? That's because people of a particular religion keep fucking stabbing random people. Am I a bigot for stating a fact? Am I a bigot for thinking a culture where rape is common, women are truly oppressed and gays are put to death is not as good as my culture?
    It's easy to find shitty things in any culture, if you look for them. Its harder to find the positives at times because we are fed the negative to the extent that we don't think there actually are positives.

    With that said, you've made no effort with this thread and are being kinda aggressive to people posting in it. I'm closing it.
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •