• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking Weed Out Of A Soda Can, Health Effects

SolaceSeeker

Greenlighter
Hi! Now, I know this isn't a healthy practice, but how bad would it actually be, if you were to use an aluminum can as a smoking apparatus once or twice a day, every day? From my research the most dangerous factor here would be inhaling the burnt paint/plastic coating from the outside and inside of the can. Likely to cause cancer or brain fog? Appreciate your thoughts!

Aluminum being toxic is a stupid brainless meme. It came from a bunch of hippie fuckwits who think because there are elevated levels of aluminum in the brains of people with alzheimers that aluminum is the cause and not the effect (which is completely wrong). So no issues there, although I wouldn't go inhaling aluminum dust or aluminum oxide dust deliberately of course.

Yes, the plastic lining is probably exceedingly toxic when heated. I'd only use a pop can maybe a few times in my life when I had no other options, beyond that I'd be concerned about using it.

Yes, it is bad for you to inhale heated aluminum. I haven't looked into it for a looooong time and I haven't even really used one since my early teens, but if I recall correctly, it is carcinogenic- at least to some degree. I certainly wouldn't recommend it, especially on that frequent a basis.....every GREAT ONCE IN AWHILE, I'd think to be somewhat negligible, but certainly not twice (let alone once) every day.

Why not just use an actual pipe made for it and save yourself the trouble and bodily harm...?

-PA