• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

chlorphenamine (Piriton) and opiates

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
So, done a bit of searching online and there?s very little info and conflicting reports. Does anyone know if this ?drowsy? antihistamine potentiates opiates? One post says it?s cancelled the effect of the opiate for them, another said it potentiated it. I?m low so don?t want to waste anything. Any first hand info would be thankful.

Last edited:
I?ve used it to help me sleep before, no buzz to speak of other than tiredness, so my instrinct tells me it should add to drowsiness. It is just the report of someone saying it killed their high that worries me.

In case anyone was wondering, I tried it and although it didn?t add much to the already fairly low dose of codeine it certainly didn?t negate the effects. I felt a bit more tired but that?s about it. But then again, that could also just be due to it getting later too.

To summarise: no real potentiation or synergy to speak of, but also nothing negative. Might just get a better nights sleep...

Last edited:
I think a reason why people have conflicting reports is because they could be expecting different results. Say one person likes to nod so that antihistamine causes drowsiness and would add to the nod. So it worked well for him. Then you have another person who prefers opiate stimulation and the antihistamine negated that pleasurable effect. He might say it ruined the experience. Hope that makes sense. :)

I think a reason why people have conflicting reports is because they could be expecting different results. Say one person likes to nod so that antihistamine causes drowsiness and would add to the nod. So it worked well for him. Then you have another person who prefers opiate stimulation and the antihistamine negated that pleasurable effect. He might say it ruined the experience. Hope that makes sense. :)

Yep that makes perfect sense. The only thing I was worried about was some sort of inhibiting effect, which didn?t make any logical sense to me hence why I went along with it anyway. I slept very deeply anyway...

Yep that makes perfect sense. The only thing I was worried about was some sort of inhibiting effect, which didn?t make any logical sense to me hence why I went along with it anyway. I slept very deeply anyway...
I think if Promethazine, Diphenyhydramine etc were taken before the Codeine then the effects of the Codeine could be diminished.