• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Old-School WoW Players

GrymReefer

Bluelight Crew
Looking to recruit some old-school WoW players who wouldn't mind joinining in on the shenanigans that is private server emulation for various patches. Currently we are playing on the 2.4.3 engine (Burning Crusade) under the 2.4.0 Sunwell patch. (content pre-nerf) So to some it up we're playing on arguably one of the hardest patches that was ever put out by WoW excluding some vanilla patches.

I'm on alliance and got a killer crew. I'm just finishing Kharazan attunement and a few other things, but we and the whole community are always wanting more players. I don't want to post any links as it may be advertisement or promotion, but if you google felmyst wow, the very first page is the private server's domain. Enjoy! And P.M me if you make a character on the ally or horde side! I might just level with you considering I almost have a lvl 70 Spriest.

BTW it's 100% free. No donation server. No gear donors. No multiboxers. And phenomenal scripting.

So just level and build until whenever Classic comes out then it all goes away? Is that not kind of a waste of time and effort? Spend weeks grinding then it's gone before the payoff.

it's on the 2.4.0 patch. So regardless of what grinding you do under those mechanics, you're going to have to regress backwards to old-school WoW mechanics. And I've played a few pserver "vanilla" patches and they are fucking brutal! I just love TBC due to the extra content from Outlands, flying mounts, and yet world PvP hadn't been killed yet like it was in WotLK/3.3.5 with the introduction of RFD.

I definitely agree with you, why would someone do this if classic is coming? The question I have for you is when is classic coming? It's Blizzard and they even made a joke during an interview saying they need those server blades they sold a while ago with original proprietary data at charity auctions as they honestly don't have all the pieces to the puzzle to emulate a patch from a decade ago.

I'm 35% away from 70 and it's been a fun breeze. If you get into a good guild and have a couple leveling partners, it's like the old school experience all over again.

Let's be real. It's Blizzard. How often do they say there is something going to be released "soon"... I mean they are at least 6 years late to the beckoning from the WoW community for classic servers so do you really believe they are going to be prompt and quick with the release of a classic emulation?

Last edited:
Also I have an excel spreadsheet of all BiS pre-raid and all BiS pre-T5 attainment just to make it interesting to hunt for items we never thought existed. They've just begun testing for T6. The server has only been open for maybe 4-5 months and people are already closing in on T6 gear.

it's on the 2.4.0 patch. So regardless of what grinding you do under those mechanics, you're going to have to regress backwards to old-school WoW mechanics. And I've played a few pserver "vanilla" patches and they are fucking brutal! I just love TBC due to the extra content from Outlands, flying mounts, and yet world PvP hadn't been killed yet like it was in WotLK/3.3.5 with the introduction of RFD.

I definitely agree with you, why would someone do this if classic is coming? The question I have for you is when is classic coming? It's Blizzard and they even made a joke during an interview saying they need those server blades they sold a while ago with original proprietary data at charity auctions as they honestly don't have all the pieces to the puzzle to emulate a patch from a decade ago.

I'm 35% away from 70 and it's been a fun breeze. If you get into a good guild and have a couple leveling partners, it's like the old school experience all over again.

Let's be real. It's Blizzard. How often do they say there is something going to be released "soon"... I mean they are at least 6 years late to the beckoning from the WoW community for classic servers so do you really believe they are going to be prompt and quick with the release of a classic emulation?

im not going to commit to anything right now but I'm definitely going to at least look into it. I really was addicted to WoW for quite a while, so that's part of my apprehension.

im not going to commit to anything right now but I'm definitely going to at least look into it. I really was addicted to WoW for quite a while, so that's part of my apprehension.

Shoot me a p.m if you go Alliance. I'm just a casual player. I'm still getting atttuned and chilling. I don't play everyday and since there is no money investment necessary, you're really just getting a good kick of nostalgia.

Shoot me a p.m if you go Alliance. I'm just a casual player. I'm still getting atttuned and chilling. I don't play everyday and since there is no money investment necessary, you're really just getting a good kick of nostalgia.

ok cool...I will try to look into it tomorrow sometime :)

ok cool...I will try to look into it tomorrow sometime :)

Our guild needs a JC bad so I started up a shaman that I wouldn't mind having a partner to level with. I leveled as a shadow priest solo and that was hell and a half.

If you make an alliance character then add Xhza. I'm 70 right now just dicking around finishing zones in Outlands, farming gold for 5k flying mount, and getting Kharazan attunement.

If you say like you were a hardcore player then we can easily get to 70 in a pretty quick fashion especially if we both pick hybrid classes. I'm either doing elemental sham or resto depending upon what you take. (if you take it up)

Last edited:
What class build would be best to level with you? I was only ever destro warlock. But it's been fuckin years since I played so I'm gonna be rusty no matter what. Is there something your guild needs specifically? Or should I just make it whatever I want it to be?

What class build would be best to level with you? I was only ever destro warlock. But it's been fuckin years since I played so I'm gonna be rusty no matter what. Is there something your guild needs specifically? Or should I just make it whatever I want it to be?

Whole server is in desperate need of tanks and healers!!

I even respecced a few times as a disc priest in the 30s just to heal some 5-mans for gear. A feral druid would work as they can heal too and you can just spam your HoTs and shapeshift for tank. We'd be competing on gear though if you did go druid as we both wear leather.

You could be a warrior, but I heard TBC actually required stance dancing with the warrior unlike later patches, but it's up to. The server was new so about 2/3 of the population rolled DPS classes just for leveling and now everyone is playing catch up by making alts for healing. Server pop has also grown crazy since I started and economy isn't broken like most private servers. As this isn't a donor server, you can't spend real world money for in-game items like a lot of other servers. Keeps away the more toxic players.

Our guild has some healers and one feral druid tank. Idk about any other tanks to be honest that are at 70 and BiS geared for pre-raid. And we have a discord for our guild if you use that at all.

i guess im dumb... but I didn't know you had to have the burning crusade disc? Or did I read that wrong

apparently yeah I do need it. Im not sure if I still have it somewhere or if I sold it or something. Idr.

Ill try to find it

i guess im dumb... but I didn't know you had to have the burning crusade disc? Or did I read that wrong

apparently yeah I do need it. Im not sure if I still have it somewhere or if I sold it or something. Idr.

Ill try to find it

NOOO lol lemme P.M you. It's a private server version.

Last edited:
Sorry grym... haven't had the chance or the will to get it started last several days. My 19 year old cat has had a bladder infection. Peeing/pooing everywhere. Throwing up. Leaking bloody urine everywhere. Had to cancel road trip to go to my brothers baby shower.

Im still gonna do it, just delayed a little until things calm down :|

Sorry grym... haven't had the chance or the will to get it started last several days. My 19 year old cat has had a bladder infection. Peeing/pooing everywhere. Throwing up. Leaking bloody urine everywhere. Had to cancel road trip to go to my brothers baby shower.

Im still gonna do it, just delayed a little until things calm down :|

You're all good!

That cat sounds like it's had a life if it lived 19 years. My mom was a "cat lady" to put it short and the longest I saw a cat live at her house was 17 years.

Yeah, I was almost 10 years old when I got her I think. 29 now. Pretty damn crazy. Toughest pet I've ever had by far.