• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy

T2ophone

Greenlighter
Hey guys, i was wondering about the best ROA for these blues A 51s i got. I was reading up on some other websites that smoking would be a good way? But i also have taken these before and of i take a while one i usually get sick and feel like shit. Just looking for some advice!

I wouldn't recommend smoking oxycodone- oral or snorting works fine. If they make you sick, try cutting the pill in half or quarters.

Smoking is possibly the worst way to take these. Oral oxycodone has a very high bioavailability, anywhere from 80-95%. This means the most efficient way to take them is to just eat them, if you want them to kick in a little faster chew or crush them before swallowing.

If they make you sick that means you are taking too much, like T. Cal said try cutting them in half and only eating half or a quarter of it.

Yea like the above posts has mentioned, definitely would not recommend smoking any oxycodone product.

Personally i would choose the insufflation ROA, but orally can work just as good or better for some people, as it does have a very high bioavailability as mentioned above.

Ok thanks guys for the advice! Forgot to log on in a while but I?ve found new op 80s!

Oxycodone doesn't have much of a rush, even injected, so you won't gain much from it and will definitely be harming yourself. Don't shoot pills, it's not worth it even in cases where it does make the experience better. You will be destroying your veins, harming your lungs, and opening yourself up to a slue of IV related complications which can and often do result in horrible infections and possibly amputation. Since oral BA is so high you would only be gaining a miniscule amount of drug by injecting it, it has no rush, but the high will be much shorter and will cause your acute tolerance(day to day tolerance) to level up.

Oral oxycodone is by far the best method, snorting it comes on quicker and even knowing what I know and believing it fully there were definitely times I would crush up roxies to make the sick go away quicker, but 5 minutes later its not different than eating it except you wasted half your dose.

And I am really surprised that we still get this question with any frequency and I find it harder to believe people actually do it, but don't smoke pills, its really fucking stupid. Its horrible for your lungs and worse it is without a doubt the least efficient method and unless you are totally opiate naive will be almost completely ineffective.

Hey, I'm new here, but have questions... been suffering chronic pain for 20 plus years, and I am on fentanyl 100 mcg/ q 72 hrs. and oxycodone 10/325 TID. I still have tons of breakthrough pain, and find myself taking the oxy earlier and earlier, like 5 am, then 12 noon, then last dose at 7 pm. when it stops helping 3-4 hrs. later, and I need to go to bed so I can work in the morning, I can't get to sleep due to pain. What should I do? my Dr. and I are talking about a morphine pump, and plan to start Medtronic trial soon... Help!

A lot of people would use it intravenously as I'm sure you know and once you have gone down that road, it is nearly impossible to stop injecting everything and the kitchen sink, "just cause". The truth, however, is that Oxycodone's best ROA is oral. The bioavailability of the the drug is simply higher than other routes excluding of course injection. If you can be patient and keep the urge at bay, you will always find that oral administration is the way to go. I am of course only referring to my own personal experience in reference to the subjective bioavailability.

I've also always expected that oxycodones conversion to oxymorphone in the liver adds a different flavor to the high, the counter argument being that not enough is converted to make a significant contribution, but oxymorphone is REALLY potent. Even if I were to snort enough that the high should be more powerful than a bioequivalent oral dose, the oral dose always gives much more warm and fuzzies that even IV oxy can not touch. Food for thought for anyone who snorts roxies.

I actually forgot to mention that smoking, especially with amateur technique involved, is certainly going to result in loss and waste. Not even the most seasoned smoker can capture all of that smoke, so I would advise against it. Being that the high is of a shorter nature and more subjectively powerful, it can also reinforce extremely addictive behavior re: Crack

I was surprised when I heard that?s how Demi Lovato overdosed , by smoking oxy , didn?t even know people smoked pills