• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates really don't do it for me.. is this the case for anyone else?

washingtonbound

Bluelighter
I've tried opiates several times and never really had positive experiences. I get nauseous, agitated, maybe slightly more sociable but nothing to write home about at all. I would even describe myself as getting kind of a “cracked out” or paranoid feeling. I never get any kind of pleasant sedating effect or anything.

Is this the case for anyone else?

Last edited:
There is a breakthru on many drugs/things , this is one of the longest breakthrus that ever happened to me.
I was dosed super large amounts in surgery after many years of getting pills for injuries then tossing the bottles and it sucked at first to be on that much stuff to keep me unconscious for a week, but after that i found I could take small amounts and it worked, and without the nausea. I always would take one or two docs pills even tho i recall my past experiences with them. It could be the large doses forced it outta me, or it could be just one of those "my tastes has changed" things.
Ciggs you just had to smoke a few times b4 they dont suck, and some other substances even down to foods.

If opiates don't get you high consider yourself lucky. My first experience with opiates was the exact opposite of yours.

Some people get the kind of effects you're talking about, these effects are even common in people who do get a good high off them. People have different brain chemistry and perhaps the way yours functions causes you to not get much out of opiates, again, consider yourself lucky.

Sounds like you are dosing too high, the sweet spot for newbies can be really small, in fact until you develop a bit of a tolerance to the negative effects it can make it almost impossible to really get off on opiates. This is a good thing, stop while you are ahead.

Coolwhip - I agree the dosage is sensitive - when I started out I was dumb enough to dose around 70mg first time which obviously resulted in a lot of vomiting. But later when I redosed at around 30mg it seemed to be more effective.

It all depends on what it was you had and how high of a dosage you had. For instance just 1 50mg tramadol can get an opiate naive person high to a pleasent level (a newbie ) however taking more can result in horrible side effects as ive seen first hand, but taking the correct amount however big or small will get anyone high to a certain degree and for a certain amount of time in life, once you get that perfect high you will never get it back, thats what forms addicts, chasing that same high that youll never get again, just close.