• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

need help - ssris, anxyioltics and mdma

Inds

Bluelighter
This anxiety is crippling me, I cannot sleep, I'm beginning to stutter when I talk and my superiors at work are enacting disciplinary measures for my declining performance. I need an effective anxiolytic so bad that won't fuck with my rolling but my doctors wanna put me on SSRIs. I'm trying to avoid these the best I can. All the pharmacists I've spoken to in my area acknolwedge how useful pregablin, gabapentin and others that bluelighters recommended might be but they warned me that my doc will want me to fail on SSRIs first before he'll begin prescribing the next ones and that this step is unskippable. If I agree to be put on an SSRI regimen I fear that I'll never be able to roll again.
The experience I had in April last year was the most beautiful I ever had in my life. If I can't have that ever again I may as well just die.

If I told them I'm allergic to SSRIs could this change their mind? I know there are some mdma-compatible antipsychotics that act as anxiolytics but I absolutely dread the idea of having to see a psychiatrist and get profiled as a psychotic.

With all the respect I have to offer, I wonder at the clear solution when I read, 'my superiors at work are enacting disciplinary measures for my declining performance. I need an effective anxiolytic so bad that won't fuck with my rolling'.

You do know what the first thing is that needs to be done don't you?

This anxiety is crippling me, I cannot sleep, I'm beginning to stutter when I talk and my superiors at work are enacting disciplinary measures for my declining performance. I need an effective anxiolytic so bad that won't fuck with my rolling but my doctors wanna put me on SSRIs. I'm trying to avoid these the best I can. All the pharmacists I've spoken to in my area acknolwedge how useful pregablin, gabapentin and others that bluelighters recommended might be but they warned me that my doc will want me to fail on SSRIs first before he'll begin prescribing the next ones and that this step is unskippable. If I agree to be put on an SSRI regimen I fear that I'll never be able to roll again.
The experience I had in April last year was the most beautiful I ever had in my life. If I can't have that ever again I may as well just die.

If I told them I'm allergic to SSRIs could this change their mind? I know there are some mdma-compatible antipsychotics that act as anxiolytics but I absolutely dread the idea of having to see a psychiatrist and get profiled as a psychotic.

Maybe a short cycle of a weaker benzodiazepine such as temazepam would be a safer alternative but then again I don't have medical degrees therefore I cannot give you any accurate information on what drug is suitable for you only my own experiences and research.

I will say this with extreme caution but alprazolam sounds like it may be suitable for you, Also known as xanax on the street. It's a short acting benzodiazepine which had completely cured all of my 7-8 years of medically diagnosed mental health conditions. The conditions are as follows but beware they're extremely addictive and euphoric at first.

-Anxiety
-Agoraphobia
-Mood swings
-Insomnia
-Bowel issues (Caused by the agoraphobia and anxiety)
-Rare to mild depression (Easily managable, We all have our ups and down moments, I have a nice little quote on my profile if you'd like to take a read of it)

Unfortunately though because of how euphoric they were at first I went on a small binge and experienced some withdrawal symptoms. Well only 1 to be precise. It was experiencing extremely vivid nightmares. When I say vivid I mean it was like another parallel universe it was so surreal. Unlike anything else.

As of lately I have been abusing them recreationally because they're just such a relief from dealing with my mental health issues for 7-8 years. Now I'm tapering off a high recreational dose and am experiencing no side effects thankfully but the difficult part is when the drug is out of your system 5-7 days after your last dosage (The danger zone). The danger doesn't lie in taking them it lies in your control over using them and the side effects that can be as a result of going "cold turkey" or running out of a drug you're dependant on and in this case we're referring to alprazolam aka xanax.

I even have a doctors recommendation for my upcoming psychiatrist appointment for alprazolam and to be prescribed them which I think once again is my ticket into the door for this medication but I will treat it with the uttermost respect this time and only use it as required.

I believe without it eventually my brain will realise this is what it's like to behave and go out into public without symptoms of the ones mentioned above and when I did go cold turkey I was confidence inspired and it felt like taking alprazolam helped me immensely. Though for my 7-8 years of suffering I don't regret taking this. Only abusing it recreationally and they are strictly to be respected as a tool to train your brain. I know I'm a little contradictive in saying this because I developed a habbit/dependance I'm trying to taper off myself from now safely but a little quicker than normal.

They're difficult to get though and the only way you're going to get them is by being honest about your symptoms with your GP. You'll most likely have to go through a bunch of psychiatric sessions to be able to obtain them because here in Australia they're considered a schedule 8 controlled substance which means only psychiatrists can prescribe them.

Although I did manage to get my doctor to prescribe me some with no repeats which I think is my ticket into prescription alprazolam. Since pfizer the manufacturing company discontinued the production of alprazolam a while ago we have a generic version here called karma.

You sound a bit like myself though I have mild depression or rare depression but they wanted to put me on SSRI's. Take the script and be done with it. If you wish I'm not telling you to say this and highly advise you not to say this but I told my doctor they had no effect on me and I was experiencing a bunch of negative side effects from them despite not taking them because I know how bad they are from watching friends who take them which eventually lead onto anti psychotics (Not all the time). Told them I have tried multiple and they all do the same thing. This is because I feel MDMA is more beneficial and therapeutic for me to take. I told my doctor this and told him about reagent testing the MDMA I get and he agree's it's a good idea providing I reagent test my MDMA.

He did a quick google search and to my knowledge found nothing but positive feedback regarding MDMA and it's therapeutic benefits then we had a bit of a laugh.

I've asked multiple GP's and psychologists if they're bad to be dependant/prescribed and they all agree. You can ask for yourself and will most likely receive the same responses unless you have a corrupt doctor.

All they do is numb you do think of your happy days (peaks) and negative days (drops) as a chart but it's a rough guide on how they effect your emotions it was a quick 5 minute job I could have expressed better but you get the idea https://imgur.com/a/EKJfFbt.

Excuse the poor attempt at my explanation of how they interact with you emotions. I feel a part of life is being able to overcome your anxiety and mental health issues. Anyone can do it you just have to believe it. I did it for 7-8 years and when I was off xanax I felt more confidence inspired and less of how I used to feel when all these mental health problems were affecting me. It was like brain training as I have mentioned multiple times in this thread.

Most of my friends are taking SSRI's and they're just numb or either extremely different and weird. They still get depressed as fuck despite what the anti depressants are meant to help with. If you're not depressed you don't need SSRI's as far as I'm concerned.

Even if you are depressed you have to learn how to overcome these mental health issues because all these medications do is blanket yourself temporarily and once that blanket comes off all of these people aren't going to be able to cope because they don't understand how to deal with anxiety, depression and other mental health issues they're prescribed for.

Doctors love shoving SSRi's down peoples throats because they get paid to do that, Next time go to your local GP and have a look at the products he has in his office. Most of them are branded with the company's that manufature SSRI's.

I'm strictly against them, My best friend of 13 years just passed away to suicide and he was on anti depressants therefore I consider their use stupid as they're just as bad for you as heroin and cocaine as far as I'm concerned. They permanently change the chemical makeup on your brain and your 5ht receptors become dependant on them.

My sibling is currently being prescribed (I believe falsely diagnosed and prescribed SSRI's and she is depressed more than she is happy, I guess in saying this though they work for some people and they work for others. Just be aware of the long term effects of any medication and to extensive research and thinking before shoving a pill down your throat)

If I quote "my superiors at work are enacting disciplinary measures for my declining performance" you need to ask yourself the following questions below.

-Why is your performance declining, Is it because of the sleep/anxiety?
-Are you just not intererested in your career path currently?
-Have you got other external issues going on besides insomnia and anxiety?
-Anything else you would like to share?

PLUR Scatterday

Last edited:
Hi scatterday, thanks for sharing your info. Our situations are similar except I never had depression, insomnia or agoraphobia, though I am a high-functioning shut-in which is probably due to my schizo tendencies. Never had bowel issues either.

Last year I approached my doc for an anxyioltic since I was starting work and couldn't afford to fuck up but I made it clear that I did not want an SSRI so he gave me Buspirone. It certainly worked, I had lots of energy and became a model worker that was being showered with compliments by my strict boss whom everyone else hated. The drug somewhat interferes with rolls but it was still doable, I was on it while rolling last April which was my best experience.
Anyway, problems started arising because Buspar was making me sick. I was having diarrhea which would last for days and the drug just made me super-irritable and angry all the time. I was nervous as fuck all the time but at least could concentrate and do my work. Everyone at work was pleased with me but I continued being leery, stressed out and just wasn't happy at all. So I tapered off that crap. As soon as I wasn't on Buspar anymore, I started experiencing deadly mood swings. I never had mood swings in my life. This utterly destroyed me and changed me as a person. I couldn't tell if it was the mdma or buspar that did this but a recent pharmacist I talked to confirmed that Buspar will cause mood destabilization.
One time I rolled a week after stopping Buspar and had one of the worst trips I ever had. I experienced very intense and very frequent mood swings that would go from bottom to top every 10 seconds for a few hours.
Since then I've been on a permanent diet of 5-HTP pills to control these mood swings. I've switched to Tryptophan since I heard it's better suited for long-term use.

Sorry for the ramble but I felt you needed a bit of a background. So anyway, after quitting Buspar, my anxiety returned with a vengeance and now I can't concentrate at work. It must be noted that I have very poor self-awareness which complicates this bullshit to infinity. I cannot explain why I'm performing poorly or what's holding me back. I never notice a change in my behavior, I only notice the behavior of other people. From my perspective, hard drugs change the behavior of others around me.
When I took Buspar, my boss was impressed and liked me. Without it, my boss is bitching that I'm not doing my job. From my point of view, I'm putting the same effort now as I did before.
My self-awareness sucks which is why I have to rely on the feedback of other people to understand where I'm at. I hate doing this because I have nothing but hate for humankind and trust no one, but as you can see I have no choice.

Benzos like lorazepam work but my doctor will never give me more than a month's worth of supply so I have no idea how your doc gave you xanax. There was a good reason I made a thread earlier asking how the HELL I keep hearing about all these people on bluelight saying they've been on benzos for years and years but it got locked.

He gave me valium a month ago and advised to take 5mg every 2 days. This had no effect that I could notice besides threatening my once-untainted sleeping schedule. It takes me 3 hours laying in bed before I fall asleep now and my doc even warned me about it.

I did see a psychiatrist 2 months ago but he insisted on every turn that the first line in treatments are SSRIs and that he will not budge from this position. Plus he was a dumb fuck who couldn't discuss elementary pharmacology.
That's when I decided to consult with several pharmacists (who I told about my ecstasy habit) and they confirmed that the docs will want me to fail on SSRIs before they'll prescribe anything else. The first pharmacist seemed quite educated and open to discussing shit with a layman but he irked me when he said all anxiolytics are more or less compatible with mdma. The second one had no fucking clue what mdma even was but promised to do some research for a drug that might help me without interacting with my habit. He confirmed pregabalin and gabapentin have no interaction issues but that pregabalin will cost me $200-$300 a month. When I asked if he had other suggestions, he said Abilify.

Currently, my doc gave me some Klonopin. It's 0.5mg which is nothing so I take two. Took this for the past week and I can't tell if it's making a difference at work. I'll ask my boss on monday how it went. Not that this matters because my doc will cut me off.

Basically, skipping SSRIs is not an option. I asked the pharmacist how long I'll have to be on them before they'll accept the failure and move on and he said 8 weeks but added that they'll probably add another 8 weeks with an increased dosage.
Of course, I could lie and ride those 8 weeks out but then how the fuck do I keep this anxiety under control for those 8 weeks? My asshole boss won't have that kind of patience.

What should I do? Do you think it'll work if I claim I'm allergic to SSRIs?

For your questions:
"-Why is your performance declining, Is it because of the sleep/anxiety?"

Anxiety for sure, and paranoia. Lack of sleep just adds to it.

"-Are you just not intererested in your career path currently?"

Not at all, I love working and love my job. But I fucking hate being pressured to work twice as harder. When I'm pressured, I start rushing, when I rush, my confidence and accuracy drops so I fuck shit up more often and now instead of bitching about my speed they'll bitch about my fuckups. So then I feel I'm being pushed in a corner. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. And when that bullshit happens, I just shut down. And then of course, they'll complain that I'm being uncommunicative and ignoring their coaching. If I open my mouth, however, they'll say i'm argumentative.

You see what a mindfuck this is for me? None of this would be happening if I was calm, confident and didn't have thoughts of everybody plotting against me plaguing my thoughts 99% of the time.
Actually, I don't mind being paranoid as long as I still have confidence.

Thank you for listening. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey mate,

Thanks for the response.

GAD (Generalised anxiety disorder) covers most of the anxiety mental health issues. If I may ask and you don't mind answering I hope I'm not being too intrusive but what causes your anxiety?

In your OP you claimed you're now having difficulty sleeping and voice stutters which are tied closely with agoraphobia. Maybe you have a mild condition of it perhaps. The voice stutters are a dead giveaway for agoraphobia because I get them too. You also mentioned you're having difficulty sleeping now which you could consider insomnia so maybe after all we aren't too much different.

As for the bowel issues it went away when I started to medicate with alprazolam aka xanax. As I said before it's a short acting benzodiazepine with a short half life unlike klonopin which is used to assist people with pain management, tourettes syndrome (mothers partner takes it to treat his) and restless leg syndrome. It can be used for anxiety but there are more effective benzodiazepines out there. Clonazepam aka klonopin is also extremely sedative unlike alprazolam and the half life is much longer. 12 hours if I recall hearing and reading this information correctly.

If you have a long history of mental illness which can be passed down hereditaryly you can be prescribed benzo's for years.

I certainly wouldn't be taking klonopin at work that's most likely why your self awareness has declined noticeably. It's a very sedative and long lasting benzo.

In terms of advice to your doctor for being on treatment for SSRI's that's something you'll have to decide. I can't make or offer my advice there unfortunately and apologize. Although I did the same thing (Not endorsing this at all but I know my depression is manageable because its rare).

I just see no point in SSRI's for focus at work and if you aren't depressed. A lot of anti depressants are very sedative and you cannot under any circumstance consume MDMA whilst on an SSRI cycle.

If you want my honest opinion I don't believe they'll fall for it when you said you're allergic to them. I haven't heard of such a thing before and even if you are they would recommend a different SSRI. I'm honestly not even quite sure if you can be allergic to SSRI's. I suppose you could with any medication but you'll then have to provide a cover story and document then speak of the symptoms you're experiencing whilst taking them.

In all due respect and honesty it sounds like you suffer from the following conditions. Though I'm certainly no doctor...

-GAD
-Anxiety
-Mild agoraphobia
-Mood swings
-Depression
-Paranoia

Are you taking any prescription medication, illicit drugs or supplements currently or as of lately?

Maybe you just need a while off everything, As I was saying though I'm not medical professional and certainly am not qualified to give you proper advice only feedback and my personal experiences.

Alprazolam has helped me a tonne and I don't regret using it. Even coming off a large recreational dose isn't difficult if you follow the taper down dosage methods. It can make you a bit dopey, droopy eyes, forgetful but for me it has the opposite effect. After 7-8 years of no medication it's extremely euphoric and uplifting. It makes me want to converse with people, Work, Stimulates my mind and body but when it wears off because it has such a short half life you can become a little bit drowsy.

In regards to tapering off it, Instead of dropping your consumption by 25% a week I'm trying to drop it by 50% in 4 days which is when the initial high recreational doses should be out of my system.

Different people different body chemistry so effects can be subjective.

My 2 pieces of feedback I can give you is to stop taking anything in terms of pharmaceutical medication, supplements and/or illicit drugs and see how you go for a bit or Learn to deal with these issues with whatever it is you're consuming then explore other options available medicinally if you wish.

Hope this response helps.

Warning: I took 3 grams of phenibut so no idea how this will affect my post.

Feel free to ask the most personal questions you have, I'm anonymous here after all.

What causes my anxiety? It's complicated. I had to fight all my life, I've been betrayed by everybody I've known including the closest people to me. Ran away at age 15 and lived on my own since. Learned to treat everybody like a predator in this fucked up capitalist system where everybody is out to fuck over everybody. So spending all these years having to always watch my back and assume everybody is plotting to exploit me has taken its toll. The more I got to know someone the more disgusted I became of them after they always turn out to be the same greedy, selfish sack of shit everybody else is, so I developed an aversion to close relationships and people in general.
But all this isolation also harmed my social skills and I'm guessing it's the cause of my poor self-awareness.

So to answer your question, my anxiety is very hard-wired and unconscious. I'm often unaware that I'm anxious/paranoid in the first place. I have little awareness of my own behavior and I'll notice the behavior of others first. Even when I do hard drugs, I don't notice that I'm acting any different. From my point of view, those around me start acting weird, keep asking me the same questions and then get extremely frantic.
When I IV'd some oxytocin a year ago, everyone all of a sudden was smiley and friendly towards me. It never occurred to me that my behavior/body language was being altered by the drug and others were reacting to the vibes I was sending off.

You get what I'm saying? I can't point to anything specific that's making me anxious. All I know is I live in a fucked up world that seeks to use us, abuse us and toss us when we can't be used anymore. But the problem is my once-conscious cynicism has now become hard-wired so it's no longer in my control. It's become part of my gut instinct to be anxious and constantly be on edge about everything. To escape that, I have to ignore my gut instict and use logical processing to get by which is extremely exhausting and as my bosses are noticing: it's making me take forever to accomplish anything when I'm unable to do things intuitively.

It isn't one thing that makes me dysfunctional, it's everything. The fact that I have little self-awareness just complicates this bullshit to infinity because I have to rely on the subjective feedback of people I both hate and distrust.

My stuttering isn't horrible but I'm pausing inbetween sentences more often because I fear of saying the wrong thing, especially when so many of these anxiolytics I tried warn of causing disinhibition.
Might also have something to do with the memory problems I've been noticing. The doc did warn that benzos will do all these things, especially the insomnia. I do take tryptophan before bed each time which he did say is also used as sleeping aid (I use it to control my mood swings) so perhaps I became tolerant and dependent on that shit.

With regards to agoraphobia. I've been a shut-in for a very long time but only the last few years did my anxiety become noticeable. I'm not afraid of leaving the house per se, just see no point in doing so unless there's a specific purpose.

I asked for the klonopin specifically because I wanted something longer lasting than lorazepam but not something with a ridiculously long one like valium (which didn't help me anyway). I mean I could've asked him for xanax but I doubt he'd give it to me and I assumed since it has a shorter half-life than lorazepam that it would just be a transient fix that'd wear off during the second half of my shift. Would I be incorrect?

I certainly wouldn't be taking klonopin at work that's most likely why your self awareness has declined noticeably.

My self-awareness has always been shit, I've only taken klonopin since last week.

"In terms of advice to your doctor for being on treatment for SSRI's that's something you'll have to decide."

You don't understand, I don't have a choice in this. The bureaucracy here for treating anxiety is to put you on SSRIs and when they don't work they put you on benzos and when that doesn't work they put you on harder stuff.
I'm trying to get around this somehow. I agree that feigning allergy probably won't do shit. I'm either gonna have to allow them to give me SSRIs, wait 8 weeks and then tell them they didn't work or buy some gabapentin/benzos from a dealer.

Your diagnosis sounds about right though I disagree about the depression. I am not depressed. I had no idea what depression even felt like until I experienced some post-MDMA dysphoria and the downswings after I developed bipolar disorder.

Are you taking any prescription medication, illicit drugs or supplements currently or as of lately?

I take 1g tryptophan every day to control mood swings, I take 1g klonopin on workdays (i'll run out in about a week) and some vitamin D since I don't get much sunshine.

As for staying off everything, I've done that from 2009-2017 and my anxiety has been getting more prevalent, not less. In 2015 I had the exact same job as I do now but at a different workplace and I was fired in 2 months because I couldn't get a grip on myself and couldn't accomplish anything.
This is why I asked for an anxiolytic when I was about to be hired for this job in 2017. The difference was night and day. I was fucking flying. A strict manager that everybody hates was praising me.

And holy shit I am spilling my guts the hell out. I'm raving on like a drunkard. I'm not normally like this. nevertheless, everything I typed is the truth and I hope it was helpful because I really need help. I love molly and hate how thse bureaucratic fucks insist on sticking SSRIs up my ass.,

I guess i will allow them to prescribe me, i'll pay for the piece of shit prescription and pretend to be taking them. when the 8 weeks are up, i'll ask for some xanax or whatever else you guys can recommend that is molly-friendly.

really appreciate you showing interest and concern for me. but i should stop typing, I feel dizzy

Problem, I had a talk with the pharmacist and he said that 8 weeks after failing one SSRI they'll probably move me onto another one and then an SNRI and then a stronger one. This sounds like something that could drag on for a year. I can't hold off that long.
Shit, looks like it's back to the dealers. But I'm not sure about the xanax, it sounds like it'll fuck me up in the long term not to mention the long tapering off it would take if it started giving me problems. The pharmacist told me there's no evidence that gabapentin works for anxiety so I welcome anyone on here to prove me wrong. What molly-friendly drug do you recommend? Do you insist upon xanax, scatterday?

I don't recommend it unless prescribed by a GP. This was only my personal feedback not a recommendation.

If you respect alprazolam it can be very effective. Only to be used how instructed by your local gp.

If you are persistent with it maybe ask your gp for a non repeatable short term script to see how you go.

It's compatible with MDMA and I can confirm this although effects can be subjective from user to user.

I'm currently tapering off by nearly 50% a a week the only withdrawal symptoms I'm experiencing are that I'm snappy/short fused.

Nightmares and seizures are also possible withdrawal symtomps if you taper off incorrectly.

Did my big post help at all?

My GP will never prescribe xanax long-term, that's the end of it. If it's anything like phenibut then it won't be useful. To avoid addiction I had to take phenibut twice a week, meaning I endure crippling anxiety 75% of the week. If responsible use of xanax means obliterating anxiety for only a part of the week then that's useless. I need my confidence and mental stability EVERY day.

I've already been given a short script of lorazepam without refills. It works just fine. So I got to be fine for one short week at work where I was not bitched at for poor performance. Wonderful. Now what?

Fair enough, and I should make a similar commitment to only post when sober. I'm a little uncomfortable reading my post #7 with a clear head. Meh, I'm anonymous.

You can feel free to post whenever you like. Whether it be depressed, Anxious or high.

Xanax will provide you longterm relief daily if you dose correctly.

Please don't delete your posts next time I have no idea what you pm'd me regarding what you wanted me to respond to.

Nobody is here to judge you.

You will probably never meet one of us in your entire life.

Though unfortunately if your doctor cannot prescribe xanax long term your only other non advisable option is to purchase street pressed replicas and get them gc/ms tested prior to consumption or convince your doctor to give you a 7 pill non repeat script like myself then a recommendation to a psych claiming alprazolam is the only effective drug at eliminating your issues.

Beware though alprazolam is extremely dangerous and with all the xanax bar replicas going around you need to get some sent off for gc/ms analysis to be sure what you have contains nothing but alprazolam and no heavy metals are found in the pill along with a quantitative analysis.

Last edited: