• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupropion

Palemexican 805

Greenlighter
I started snorting my bupropion does anybody else do it like that? And how much do u do a day I?m at 400mg a day is that to much?

Hi Palemexican, welcome to Bluelight.

If you read the NWI guidelines you will have noticed that drug discussion is not allowed in NWI.

Would you like me to move this to Other Drugs where you can discuss this ?

There isn't anything to gain by snorting them, that's all in your head. More than 450mg a day causes seizures in some people, more than 600mg a day, does this in higher frequency.

There isn't anything to gain by snorting them, that's all in your head. More than 450mg a day causes seizures in some people, more than 600mg a day, does this in higher frequency.

What about it is "all in his head"? Are you essentially saying that if he experienced any high or euphoria it was just a placebo effect?

I disagree, not because I believe there is much recreational potential for bupropion, but because it's a mild dopamine reuptake inhibitor. There are a lot of inmates who abuse bupropion this way, even injecting it occasionally. This is due to a lack of more quality drugs in jail or prison, but there's a reason they do it.

Bupropion stops the backflow of dopamine in the brain causing a concentration of the neurotransmitter which gives a user a mild euphoria. It's not a rush or anything but it's something. That being said you have to be careful not to take more than your body can handle. It can cause health problems when you abuse it in heavy doses.

I'm saying that anything over the normal effects of the same dose of oral buproprion is in thier head.

I'm saying that anything over the normal effects of the same dose of oral buproprion is in thier head.
But what is the reason for that? No difference between each ROA with bupropion (much like methadone)? Please explain this to me.

The only benefit of insufflation is faster absorption, yes while it may get you a high (a very weak one), it's also incredibly risky because of the prevalence of seizures.

Pharmacologically, snorting bupropion may actually make a pretty significant difference because it bypasses the liver.

For a long time, bupropion has been marketed as a "Noradrenaline-Dopamine-Reuptake Inhibitor", because that is what bupropion does in-vitro; it is, after a all, a cathinone ("3-chloro-N-t-butyl cathinone") a class of drugs that includes a number of powerful NDRI's.

However, in actual human use, bupropion may be considered a pro-drug for a relatively selective noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor.
With oral bupropion, the drug has to get past the liver before entering the bloodstream (the "first-pass effect"); the N-tert-butyl group is highly susceptible to oxidation by your liver enzymes, resulting in a rapid conversion of most of the dose into the active metabolite hydroxybupropion, which lacks the dopaminergic effect of the parent drug.

However, I would still strongly discourage anyone from snorting bupropion to get high; due to the more rapid absorption, it is *much* easier to inadvertently reach a plasma level where the drug is going to cause seizures.

^I once knew someone who insulfated maybe 1g or more of bupropion. Ended up in the hospital.

Wouldn't recommend it. Cost/benefit ratio is way too low ime.

It got me down to smoking about a pack of camel menthols a week before I was forced to go off of it after a seizure when it was combined with tramadol, which I was told by my PCP would not be an issue. I miss the mood and energy which offset the sedating effects of my Klonopin.

I had prescribed bupropion in 300mg extended release tablets but I didn't know about snort it and now I am with tianeptine. Is true snort bupropion is similar to coke?

Rafayte arent you the guy who snorts methylphenidate. Im concerned do not snort wellbutrin. The risks of seizures greatly outweigh any benefit when abused.