• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ha tramadol yesterday, feel miserable today. Can it be overdose?

den4

Greenlighter
So my friend had 300 mg of tramadol + quite a lot of beer + some zopiclone at 11 pm yesterday. It was his first time with tramadol. Didn't feel a thing. Today tho, it feels like it kicked in. He feels kinda nice, but also very very sick and experiences difficulties breathing.. Is it possible? It's been like almost 15 hours since he took it. Also, is he safe from OD?

@300mg Tramadol 15 hours ago I'd say Overdose is very unlikely. Though the breathing difficulty is a bit worrisome and you shouldn't hesitate having him looked at if it gets any worse. Usually drinking on zopiclone can make for a murky hangover, plenty of fluids and a good meal with a multivitamin and maybe a nap might have him feeling better. Aspirin or some Ibuprofen / Naproxen Sodium is also good if it persists , but a good lunch is still recommended and he should be feeling better.

Everything taken was fairly mellow except for the "quite a lot of beer" part. After that's flushed from his system I think you'll find he should be doing much better.

When my tolerance was low it would make me feel like I had a serious hang over, dry mouth, sweaty and heart palpitations etc
Maybe the dose was too high for a first time go?

Yes that dose was too high, never mind mixing it with zolpidem and booze. Tramadol has a very long duration of action, in my early days i'd take 200-300mg at 12ish and still feel it pretty strongly when i woke up the next morning.

It's been like 22h, his pulse is still 48.. His normal heart rate is 90..

If you feel you're in danger go to the ER we can't help you here. Also we know it's you, no need to use "my friend" or similar aliases.

Maybe it really is a friend of his that he's talking about! I have this friend who's been shooting speed all day and night in my room and I wonder when he's going to call it quits.

I don't understand if the undesired effects of tramadol were during its action or the next day

I take tramadol in doses from 200mg until 350mg and never had problems neither during the effects neither the next day. I have tramadol in 50mg capsules but today I don't take it because I am taking methylphenidate

Low heart rate and difficulty breathing is common with respiratory suppressants, which is what tramadol is. I would be more concerned with inability to urinate (even upon consumption of large amounts of water) as well as stomach cramps and vomiting. if these symptoms emerge go to the hospital as this is an overdose. also dizziness and loss of vision, incoherency, confusion. inability to walk. these are things you should look for. I don't know your weight, tolerance so I can't say this amount of tramadol was too much. I don't know how much alcohol and other substances was consumed, or what has been used in the past leading up to this day. also if you have any undiscovered or otherwise not mentioned pre-existing health conditions there is a chance this drug can affect you differently and call for a potentially life threatening situation. especially since this is your first time, I would at least ask someone to check up on you regularly and frequently until things have passed out of your system. just in case you lose consciousness and need immediate assistance.

things that will help your body in addition to Jeckyl's recommendation food, water, multivitamins is I would actually add along that lines, that vitamins aren't necessarily going to do everything you expect them to do. I would go for supplements if you're going to go as far as to stop by a convenience store and get something OTC like that to assist with the hang over. I would recommend iron and magnesium, b12, vitamin c (allows uptake of supplements to be more effective) and b6. believe it or not, sodium and potassium will also help flush out your system- so eat something salty, and then a banana. restore electrolytes with gatorade. and keep flushing fluids through you, if you want to get fancy with it, a water with balanced pH is best for cleansing a system- like VOSS or Fiji. But any water will do to flush you out. Dehydration is the main reason hangovers suck so much, and if you hydrate prior to a night of drinking, and afterward before going to bed- it will be likely to lessen the effects of the hang over.

Orange juice and water the next morning is what you want to go for, after a night of heavy drinking. Or just pop a vitamin D supplement if you hate orange juice. Eat something high protein, with greens on it, and some carbs. Like a good sandwich- or perhaps a soup. Once again, don't forget to have yourself being checked up on regularly.

For the hangover of tramadol is very good kanna, concretely extract ET2 snorted. Other option is mucuna pruriens which contains l-dopa and increases dopamine