• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New heroin user HELP

Poppilover

Greenlighter
I have been using heroin for a while now . I have alway has someone to inject in me though . I have been doing it on my own with some problems. I have one good vein I get every time and i can?t get it . When I miss how long does it take to peak ? How do I know if I hit the muscle of just under the skin ? Please help . No lectures about how I shouldn?t. I know that . Much thanks :)

When you miss an IV shot of heroin, it can depend on how much of the dose went into the vein and how much didn't. Usually, even with a missed shot, you still get a little bit IV and feel that almost right away, and the rest of the dose will come on within about 5-10 minutes.

You can easily tell if you injected right under the skin when a bump begins forming very clearly on top of the spot where you're shooting into. You'll also be feeling some pain and pressure at that spot. If you are injecting into a muscle, there won't be as obvious of an obtrusion, and depending on if your shot is prepared correctly and if you're going into suitable muscle tissue there wouldn't be an immediate sign. If it went well it should absorb and start entering the bloodstream slowly.

All of a heroin shot will eventually make it's way into the bloodstream, it just depends on whether it directly enters it or not if you feel the effects very quickly or slowly.

OP, do you know about 'registering' your shot? i.e. Once you think you're in the vein, draw back on the plunger a smidge...if you're indeed in the vein, you should see a nice, unmistakable flash of bright red blood in the barrel of the syringe. If the shot won't register, keep looking.

Good luck, please be safe. <3

You are unlikely to hit a muscle when IVing, but it's possible. There is also the resistance of pressing the plunger. You will feel slightly more resistance in the muscle and even more resistance when just under the skin. This will probably hurt a little too.